ATTACK ON TITAN SEASON 4 (People who watched subbed, no spoilers. Wait until Dubbed releases.)

5 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Yay, one of my favorite shows hasn't been ruined by bad writing.

I'm a manga reader. So yeah u have no idea how good it will get. 

I was looking forward to seeing it in vivid colours and dynamic movement and it's good but the animation style ..... it's too bright and washed out. It literally looks like comic book pages animated. 

I miss the old animation style with.... U know those  dark shadows around the eyes to show dramatic expressions and such. I miss the slowdowns too. 

Edit : ok saw a snippet of it uploaded on YouTube.

Don't recommend going there btw , full of spoilers. 

Seems the style's gotten darker. Perhaps it will keep on getting darker until the main sequence. Noice

Edited by Friendshipspren
A little polishing

• 4 weeks later...

All right, the first episode of AoT 4 dubbed was released and I am not disappointed.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Okay, so I liked how we got a perspective of the marlyians. Gives us context on how they think, what's their heiarchy like, and just a nice way to introduce us back into the fray. It's been nine years, and a LOT has changed. The technology has gotten better on both sides, and titans are getting more and more outmatched, which i like, it's been foreshadowed that this would be the case. the way the battle is played out is epic. Lots of carnage, lots of death. There were clear targets they had to eliminate, and and a clear goal. It is a a great way to start this final season, and makes you wonder where our characters our, seeing as they should still have their titans. It's also good to see who will be taking some of thee other titans, as the armored is clearly on his last years. Do have a few questions, like where were our other titans if this position was so pivotal in the war (Will have to rewatch to see if I missed anything) and what's happening with Annie. Is she still in the crystal or did they break her loose? And will she just keep her titan indefinty in the crytsal?

Saw episode two. I will admit, it was really boring. It's a nice stepping stone with important lore bits and character stuff, so it's a needed episode, but it felt too short and just makes me want the next episode, which isn't a bad thing. Probably never going to rewatch this episode, though.

Edited by Aspiring Writer