Truthwatcher at the Rim

Edit: This post was based on faulty information and thus is invalid.

We all know that sixteen is Scadrial's magic number.

But just how far is Branderson taking it?

Let's do some math.

There are three era 1 books, and there will be four era 2 books.

If he stays on track, we'll have three more eras: era 3 (1980s I think?), contemporary, and space age.

Assuming each of those are trilogies, we get 3+4+9, which equals...

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

A lot of this is based on assumptions and what might happen years in the future.  Feel free to debunk me.

Edited by Truthwatcher at the Rim

1 hour ago, Truthwatcher at the Rim said:

There were going to be four, but then Branderson accidentally wrote W&W, so now there's five.

[Citation Needed]

Brandon originally planned for three Eras, Wax and Wayne became the extra one which then bumped the other two up by a number each.

Questioner

Will the tenth book of the Stormlight Archive be the last book in the cosmere universe, or there a plans to continue with other stories in the cosmere universe indefinitely?

Brandon Sanderson

So, the last chronological book of the cosmere sequence is the final Mistborn book. So the way that the structure works right now. Elantris, Mistborn era 1, Stormlight Archive first five, Mistborn era 2, Elantris 2 and 3, Stormlight Archive 6 through 10, the the final Mistborn era, is how I'm going. 

Right? Did I miss one? I missed an era. So, I'm going to do the Wax and Wayne era and the 1980s era kind of together, and mash those together. 

So, era 1, era 2/3, Stormlight 1-5, Stormlight 6-10, era 4 of Mistborn, is how it is right now. Era 4 of Mistborn will the the last chronological. We will have the flashbacks to Dragonsteel after Stormlight 10 but before era 4 of Mistborn.

YouTube Livestream 9 (May 28, 2020)

• 2 weeks later...