I fell down a wiki hole and forgot to come by

So, I fell down the coppermind rabbit hole about three years ago and forgot about the 17th shard. I was also busy reading over 20 some odd of BS’s books (and heaps of others, but do they count here? Lol) plus rereads so here I am, ready to learn all that I missed since I’m most assuredly an air sick lowlander. 

27 minutes ago, AirSickLowlander80 said:

So, I fell down the coppermind rabbit hole about three years ago and forgot about the 17th shard. I was also busy reading over 20 some odd of BS’s books (and heaps of others, but do they count here? Lol) plus rereads so here I am, ready to learn all that I missed since I’m most assuredly an air sick lowlander. 

Ah, I remember when I went down the coppermind before coming on. It was a wonderous three weeks. Welcome to the tranquiline halls and damnation, yes it is both.

Welcome to the Shard! That must have been one massive rabbit hole there, are those like the mutant bunnies or something?? Glad you finally made it out so you could come join us! :D

20.5 something odd books (we can give the others a 0.5 :P) is what keeps this so awesome hope you enjoyed them to the fullest! Rereading and rereading is the way to go, totally. And man, I think we all are here your perfect for us!

Where did you start the Cosmere and do you wish you had started elsewhere? Hope you enjoy the Shard!

1 minute ago, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome to the Shard! That must have been one massive rabbit hole there, are those like the mutant bunnies or something?? Glad you finally made it out so you could come join us! :D

20.5 something odd books (we can give the others a 0.5 :P) is what keeps this so awesome hope you enjoyed them to the fullest! Rereading and rereading is the way to go, totally. And man, I think we all are here your perfect for us!

Where did you start the Cosmere and do you wish you had started elsewhere? Hope you enjoy the Shard!

Chasmfiend sized rabbits. I started with WoK, followed by WoR, then Mistborn, Elantris and Warbreaker while I waited for Oathbringer, then a zig zag of the rest.  I wouldn’t go back and change it. But wouldn’t it be great to get those first reads back? Lol

Oh my :o Well even more amazing you managed to escape then! Props to you :P

WoK is definitely a good place to start and that is an excellent progression from there! That's one of the amazing things about these books is that you can zigzag all over the place and are still entranced in this epic story all throughout. It is truly a special series. And totally! Being able to go back to those first reads would be sooo perfect!

The wonderful thing about these at least is that even though you can't go back you are constantly noticing new and interesting things, I guess we can settle :D Welcome again!

11 minutes ago, Scout_Fox said:

Oh my :o Well even more amazing you managed to escape then! Props to you :P

WoK is definitely a good place to start and that is an excellent progression from there! That's one of the amazing things about these books is that you can zigzag all over the place and are still entranced in this epic story all throughout. It is truly a special series. And totally! Being able to go back to those first reads would be sooo perfect!

The wonderful thing about these at least is that even though you can't go back you are constantly noticing new and interesting things, I guess we can settle :D Welcome again!

I feel like I rushed through RoW fast enough I would find just as many things the next time I read it as I did the first time. (I’ll probably reread it before too long. I was putting off a Mistborn reread until after RoW)

Aaaaanyways, welcome! I don’t think we have any chasmfiend rabbits, but there are a few hemalurgic animals running around,

(Also, the ookla thing is a yearly celebration, so it's not always full of similar names.:P)

Edited by Ookla the Sarcastic

1 hour ago, AirSickLowlander80 said:

Welcome to the Shard! Woohoo! Glad you joined up! :)

Yeah, Brandon has too many books to count. ;)
Are you Airsick Lowlander second class? Or Airsick Lowlander first class?

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

Welcome to the Shard! Woohoo! Glad you joined up! :)

Yeah, Brandon has too many books to count. ;)
Are you Airsick Lowlander second class? Or Airsick Lowlander first class?

I’m not sure. I think I’ll claim first class just because it sounds, well, classier. This darkeyes is looking to better herself. :D

Just now, AirSickLowlander80 said:

I’m not sure. I think I’ll claim first class just because it sounds, well, classier. This darkeyes is looking to better herself. :D

:)  

Smart choice. Actually, I think most of Bridge four is third class, because of when Rock says that he would have to ‘promote Huio to Airsick Lowlander, second class.’

12 hours ago, AirSickLowlander80 said:

Haha, completely understandable! Welcome & have a nice day! 

3 hours ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Welcome to the Shard if you could make one cartoon character a Steel Inquisitor who would it be?

Wow. That’s a brain bender. I’m thinking Kenny from South Park already had spikes since dude kept coming back. I’m having horrible visions of  steel inquisitor Care Bears, Smurfs, and Charlie Browns. Maybe Chuck could finally get a piece of that football :wacko: