A Magical Reawakening

Goob

19 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hughin and Munin are significantly more reasonable. In a sense, these ravens are something of their defective cousins."

She snickered. "For some reason, I don't think the ravens would appreciate you calling them defective."

12 hours ago, Condensation said:

Interesting. Does that mean we can't go to the library? Not that I should anyway, but you guys could get like myth books?

"How do we defeat these ravens? Also, does anyone here know how to fight, and if so, would said person be willing to teach me? 'Cause at the moment, I'm a bit of a wimp."

On 9/9/2021 at 3:03 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Knowledge-consuming ravens. They'll eat you alive and steal your knowledge."

"That's... scary."

On 9/10/2021 at 10:57 AM, Random Bystander said:

She snickered. "For some reason, I don't think the ravens would appreciate you calling them defective."

"How do we defeat these ravens? Also, does anyone here know how to fight, and if so, would said person be willing to teach me? 'Cause at the moment, I'm a bit of a wimp."

"Personally, I think learning magic would be cool. Probably really useful, too."

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

...he'd still probably sense you. Were you specifically intending not to be sensed?

Not really. The way I see it, he flew from house to house in search for someplace safe, and he might consider this a good place.

Didn't have a really good idea on how to join you...

12 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

A bird of prey ascended from the sky, landing on the windowsill and scanning the apartment's inhabitants. It's stare appeared to linger on the phoenix.

Grace notices the bird and walks over to the window, opening it.
"Hello. I'm assuming you're magical- are you here to eat us, steal our knowledge, or hurt us in any way?"

13 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

Grace notices the bird and walks over to the window, opening it.
"Hello. I'm assuming you're magical- are you here to eat us, steal our knowledge, or hurt us in any way?"

7 hours ago, Condensation said:

Oh! Um, should you have opened that window? Cadence stepped closer to the window, flames flickering inquisitively.

18 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Cassander didn't let up that he'd noticed the bird, but he did take out his blade to clean.

The bird - a falcon, specifically - tried to hop behind the window, but found that it couldn't. It then screeched and flapped its wings. Realizing that it's useless, it stopped and shook its head.

He can't talk while in bird form, which can be somewhat problematic in this case.

Edit: I just checked, and it's night right now. So it should be very weird for a falcon to be around - it's clearly magical. And all the monsters you previously feared were night monsters (like our friend Kreshnik), and so, everybody but Kreshnik should be able to go out safely during daylight. Also, some monsters should probably return in spite of Cassander's effort, I think.

Anyway, you're not really under siege! It's fine! Just, you really should've chosen a better place to put up protections in, so moving to somewhere else should be a good idea.

Edited by Trutharchivist

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Can anyone here speak falcon?" Cassander asked.

15 hours ago, Condensation said:

Oh! Um, should you have opened that window? Cadence stepped closer to the window, flames flickering inquisitively.

"You're a bird, Candence. Can you understand them?"

On 9/10/2021 at 11:53 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"They can be killed in much the same way as any raven." Cassander sheathed his sword. "In other words, I can take care of them."

She nodded, obviously relieved.

On 9/11/2021 at 5:02 PM, AmazingGoob said:

"Personally, I think learning magic would be cool. Probably really useful, too."

"True. True."

3 hours ago, Condensation said:

Huh? I have literally never seen phoenixes portrayed in any other way than a bird. Wikipedia says it's a bird. Britannica says it's a bird. Even Swarthmore College Bulletin, whatever that is, did an entire study on the history of the phoenix and all the way through it's a bird- I'm very curious where you learned about this version.