Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

6 hours ago, S4S said:

Through the snow and trees, two silver-furred wolves can be seen snapping and barking at the base of a large pine tree. Attacking at a small opening formed near the some of the tree’s exposed roots, they scratched their paws violently through the tangle of dirt and wood in an effort to get at something underneath the tree.

Yet each time their snouts would prod deeper into the roots of the tree, they were quickly repelled by a sudden jolt of motion coming from inside the small space.

@Isabelle6060

Cara stood, taken aback. The wolves weren't interested in her or anything visible except...a tree? As the wolves scratched at the ground to get at something underneath, Cara realized that they could be hunting a rabbit. Cara couldn't let that happen.

No way are some ugly wanna-be dogs gonna hurt any cute innocent creature. Cara thought angrily.

She hopped on her horse and charged, her big scary looking stick in hand and out to the side ready to strike. 

8 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Not a bad person... 

Avren walked back to the tower, his thoughts spinning. Was it possible? The fact that Ren had even spoken to him in the first place... 

No, these thoughts were dangerous. Ren had still been wary, and with good reason. He couldn't let himself hope for anything more than what he already had. 

Prove me wrong. Those words echoed in his mind, challenging him, mocking him. How could Avren be proven right? What he could do wasn't natural. But maybe... maybe that wasn't what Ren meant. Then what did he mean?

Though he didn't know how to process anything that had just happened, he was sure of one thing. His secret was safe, for now at least. 

Exodus nods towards Ara and Minuet. "We'll meet outside in a few, give me a moment here."

intense powerwalking later

"Hello there, Avren," said Exodus. "I will be leaving the party shortly, and just wanted to say goodbye."

4 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Hello there, Avren," said Exodus. "I will be leaving the party shortly, and just wanted to say goodbye."

Avren looked up sharply. "Oh, Xeus," he said, narrowing his eyes. I doubt that's all you came here to do. Trying to get me to come with you again?

1 minute ago, The Awakened Salad said:

"No, thank you."

Anyone who took an interest in him like this wasn't to be trusted.

Oh, you're coming with me.

Exodus smiled a bit. "You sure? What have you to gain from staying with Shadow? He doesn't know what he's doing, and your friends Minuet and Ara are coming with me as well."

3 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

She hopped on her horse and charged, her big scary looking stick in hand and out to the side ready to strike. 

Perking their ears up at the sudden disturbance, the two wolves turned to face the swiftly approaching newcomers. Startled at the sudden speed and aggression of the approaching duo though, the wolves quickly turned and ran deeper into the woods, leaving their cornered prey beneath the tree.