I read too much

Enter a username

Just now, Enter a username said:

I stayed up past 2:30 last night reading Oathbringer again.

I've gotten distracted by textbooks.

I find storming copyright pages interesting, for crying out loud!

I think your problem is not that you read too much, but that you find too many things interesting. or something like that. It is impossible to read too much.

42 minutes ago, Enter a username said:

I do this to! Well, I get distracted by textbooks. One night my cousin (who’s a nurse) had a EKG reading manual laying out on the counter and I stayed up way to late reading it. It was just a boring manual, but I loved it. I also asked for MCAT books for my birthday a couple years ago which I’m reading now. 

Edited by Hentient

3 hours ago, FriarFritz said:

I totally relate to getting distracted by textbooks. Sometimes for a class I've just read the whole textbook the first night, so that I can ignore it the rest of the class. Because I also have uncanny retention of information.

Wow I wish. I despise textbooks. Even if I find the subject or material interesting, I can't get into them. Or sometimes I will find parts of the textbook interesting and read those instead of the parts I'm supposed to read.

• 4 weeks later...

I also definitely read too much. If there's something to read in a random room, then I will read it. Once I start reading anything remotely interesting, it's hard to put it down until I finish it, so normal books are like sanderlanches for me, while actuall sanderlanches are like ultra-mega-sanderlanches instead.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

That being said, which is more beneficial: grinding for hours on a video game, or reading a million books?

"'A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies,' said Jojen. 'The man who never reads lives only one.'" ~ George R.R. Martin, A Dance of Dragons

"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home." ~Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life

On 10/30/2020 at 11:16 PM, Enter a username said:

I once missed my bus 'cause I was reading my textbook.

I love reading textbooks as long it isn't required reading.

Edited by Ookla of Truthshapers

On 11/26/2020 at 8:27 PM, Snakenaps said:

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

That being said, which is more beneficial: grinding for hours on a video game, or reading a million books?

"'A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies,' said Jojen. 'The man who never reads lives only one.'" ~ George R.R. Martin, A Dance of Dragons

"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home." ~Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life

I mean, if you grind enough on a video game, you could go professional. I doubt there's a demand for professional readers. :P