Hello there

Pinianna

I'm Anna, and I've recently been getting in to the unpublished works of Sanderson. ^^
In all honesty I mostly registered here to get my hands on Aether of Night. But I though I might as well introduce myself, just in case I decide to abandon my lurker-y ways and actually interact with other fans. :lol:
Probably not though, we Truthwatchers are a introverted lot ;)

2 hours ago, Pinianna said:

I'm Anna, and I've recently been getting in to the unpublished works of Sanderson. ^^
In all honesty I mostly registered here to get my hands on Aether of Night. But I though I might as well introduce myself, just in case I decide to abandon my lurker-y ways and actually interact with other fans. :lol:

You fool! We are all truthwatchers! 

anyway, if you could dub any animal in the cosmere a truthwatcher, which one would it be?

3 hours ago, Honorless said:

That we are, go get your fix! Tis no obligation of yours but we'll be happy to see you around! 

Thank you, I appreciate that ^^

2 hours ago, I Am A Fish said:

Hello, and Welcome to the Shard!

Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

Thanks!

Honestly it varies depending om what book/chapter I'm currently reading, but I'd say Renarin and Steris are two of the top ones

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

anyway, if you could dub any animal in the cosmere a truthwatcher, which one would it be?

It's an interesting question, but I don't think I have enough knowledge about cosmere fauna to give a good answer. 

Perhaps santhids, as they seem curious but solitary.

General Grevious GIFs | Tenor

:lol: @Frustration got it lol!

Welcome to the Shard! Awesome you've been getting into all the unpublished works of Brandon's! Absolutely no harm in just registering for Aether but so happy you decided to stick around as well! I mean, how sad would this day become if we hadn't been graced by your wondrous introduction :P

We would love to chat with you around the forum if you decide to rework the lurk into work :D. If not we would still love to chat with you we just might get fewer opportunities to do so lol. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, everyone here is super friendly and amazing!

Welcome officially to the shard!! Take it from someone who was a long time lurker at the site before becoming active, being active was the best decision that I made. It is really fun to participate at the forums and play cosmere-y games! 
No pressure, whenever you decide to join in, we will be here. 

7 hours ago, Mist said:

Welcome! Are you signed up for the newsletter so you can get White Sand prose? What's your favorite idea that you've read anywhere? (Or one of your favorites. :)

Yes! Just finished it a couple of days ago, and now I'm well into WoK Prime :D

Um... I started overthinking your question to the point that I don't understand it anymore ^^' Could you elaborate?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

12 hours ago, Mist said:

Welcome! Are you signed up for the newsletter so you can get White Sand prose? What's your favorite idea that you've read anywhere? (Or one of your favorites. :)

4 hours ago, Pinianna said:

Yes! Just finished it a couple of days ago, and now I'm well into WoK Prime :D

Um... I started overthinking your question to the point that I don't understand it anymore ^^' Could you elaborate?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Is there a concept in a book that you think is really cool? 

Mine is the fact that even though we all make mistakes, we can improve and become better.

On 10/21/2020 at 4:53 AM, Pinianna said:

Welcome Anna.  Yeah, truthwatchers are weird.  The radiant quiz says I'm a truthie. Of course, it also says I'm a skybreaker and a windrunner (and kind a stoneward), so who knows.  

19 hours ago, Mist said:

Is there a concept in a book that you think is really cool? 

Mine is the fact that even though we all make mistakes, we can improve and become better.

Well that's a really good one! 
Honestly I don't think much about concepts, not consciously anyway. I sort of absorb the "feel" of the books I read, but I don't analyze much. Heh.

2 hours ago, Chanarach said:

Welcome Anna.  Yeah, truthwatchers are weird.  The radiant quiz says I'm a truthie. Of course, it also says I'm a skybreaker and a windrunner (and kind a stoneward), so who knows.  

Thanks! Weird but awesome, though :D
Oh? Did you take the quiz several times, or were they just even? I did it three times (had to adjust for different moods and interpretations of the questions ^^' ) and got Truthwatcher each time. Guess that's as certain as it gets :lol:

28 minutes ago, Pinianna said:

Well that's a really good one! 
Honestly I don't think much about concepts, not consciously anyway. I sort of absorb the "feel" of the books I read, but I don't analyze much. Heh.

Thanks! Weird but awesome, though :D
Oh? Did you take the quiz several times, or were they just even? I did it three times (had to adjust for different moods and interpretations of the questions ^^' ) and got Truthwatcher each time. Guess that's as certain as it gets :lol:

It was a little strange.  I did take it several times tweaking responses.  Originally,  truthwatcher was on top at like 69% and skybreaker/windrunner where in a dead heat at 67%.  (I'm disavowing skybreskers atm though bc I'm not real happy with them. ). I have some life experiences that lean toward the battle radiants: black belt in kenpo karate, jiu-jitsu training,  marksmanship,  fenced with foil, camping and hiking,  etc. When I emphasized that stuff, TW and WW swapped places and SW was at like 64%. So, yeah, kinda weird. Lol 

7 hours ago, Chanarach said:

It was a little strange.  I did take it several times tweaking responses.  Originally,  truthwatcher was on top at like 69% and skybreaker/windrunner where in a dead heat at 67%.  (I'm disavowing skybreskers atm though bc I'm not real happy with them. ). I have some life experiences that lean toward the battle radiants: black belt in kenpo karate, jiu-jitsu training,  marksmanship,  fenced with foil, camping and hiking,  etc. When I emphasized that stuff, TW and WW swapped places and SW was at like 64%. So, yeah, kinda weird. Lol 

Sounds like a "the sorting hat takes your choice into consideration" kind of thing. :)

I had Lightweavers and Edgedancers as pretty close second and third (switching places depending on answers), and I guess I could see myself as either of those aswell, just not as comfortably. Maybe go looking for the kind of spren you feel most connected to? ;)

4 hours ago, Pinianna said:

Sounds like a "the sorting hat takes your choice into consideration" kind of thing. :)

I had Lightweavers and Edgedancers as pretty close second and third (switching places depending on answers), and I guess I could see myself as either of those aswell, just not as comfortably. Maybe go looking for the kind of spren you feel most connected to? ;)

I would have liked edgedancers but it was pretty low.  Light weavers was always dead last. Lol