Tacitus

• 2 weeks later...

"They're one of the other teams." Argent pursed his lips. "Technically. They never actually participate in the Games. They just attack and destroy whatever's in front of them."

One of Argent's teammates- the tall one - shrugged. "They're withersprites," he said. "It's what they do."

On 8/24/2021 at 0:02 AM, Condensation said:

"Eternity?" Trylle looked up. "How so?"

Aylin shrugged. "Beyond me. Our minds... they are fixed, every so often. So we do not go mad. Or forget our past."

Argent barked a laugh. "Yeah... the Gamemaster can't have the competitors getting damaged, can he? Not when he can't get any more."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Aylin shrugged. "Beyond me. Our minds... they are fixed, every so often. So we do not go mad. Or forget our past."

Argent barked a laugh. "Yeah... the Gamemaster can't have the competitors getting damaged, can he? Not when he can't get any more."

"Except he did get more, didn't he? This game is new to me."

21 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Except he did get more, didn't he? This game is new to me."

"Is it?" Aylin's eyes narrowed. "Archeons, they said you were nothing more than experiment. Maybe people from storage. Not new. They say we all be locked up, shut away. So Gamemaster does not steal souls."

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Is it?" Aylin's eyes narrowed. "Archeons, they said you were nothing more than experiment. Maybe people from storage. Not new. They say we all be locked up, shut away. So Gamemaster does not steal souls."

"Well, unless it's been a really long time since I was taken - which it hasn't, I would remember that - the people I was stuck with and I are new.

Just now, Condensation said:

"Well, unless it's been a really long time since I was taken - which it hasn't, I would remember that - the people I was stuck with and I are new.

"Wait," said Argent. "You're from outside? You weren't locked up by some pantheon for all eternity?"

Just now, Condensation said:

"No, definitely not. I've been living a... semi-normal life for... the past couple of decades."

The silver-haired woman gasped, her voice filled with longing. "Does that mean... we can leave?"

Argent shook his head. "No..." he said in a somewhat dazed voice. "The Gamemaster wouldn't allow us to leave... we need his permission..."

"But he can get new people now!" said the woman, eyes bright with hope. "Freedom was once a prize that could be won - you remember. It could be again!"

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

The silver-haired woman gasped, her voice filled with longing. "Does that mean... we can leave?"

Argent shook his head. "No..." he said in a somewhat dazed voice. "The Gamemaster wouldn't allow us to leave... we need his permission..."

"But he can get new people now!" said the woman, eyes bright with hope. "Freedom was once a prize that could be won - you remember. It could be again!"

"Are you saying I'm trapped here?"