Most dangerous character in the cosmere in a fight?

Valigus

3 minutes ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

Stormlight doesn’t, but the intersection of Adhesion and Gravitation does. I believe it’s called a resonance in the coppermind, I don’t have time to look it up at the moment.

I believe the resonance of the windrunners is their large number of squires. Kaladin might be better at combat because of his bond, but stormlight still gives him a big boost, even if it's only the boost you would get from being able to fight at a "sprint" without getting tired.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

I believe the resonance of the windrunners is their large number of squires. Kaladin might be better at combat because of his bond, but stormlight still gives him a big boost, even if it's only the boost you would get from being able to fight at a "sprint" without getting tired.

The Windrunner resonance is similar to Atium but without the visual cues. It is showcased in the arena fight scene in WoR.

Just now, SwordNimiForPresident said:

The Windrunner resonance is similar to Atium but without the visual cues. It is showcased in the arena fight scene in WoR.

Okay, but stormlight still makes you faster and a little stronger. Kaladin mentions in OB that stormlight doesn't "vastly" increase strength, which means that it increases it some.

Just now, Nameless said:

Okay, but stormlight still makes you faster and a little stronger. Kaladin mentions in OB that stormlight doesn't "vastly" increase strength, which means that it increases it some.

I’m sure you can push yourself further than usual since you instantly heal. Dalinar does it when he lifts the stone. His shoulders both pop but instantly heal the damage. It was still his strength lifting the stone.

2 minutes ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

I’m sure you can push yourself further than usual since you instantly heal. Dalinar does it when he lifts the stone. His shoulders both pop but instantly heal the damage. It was still his strength lifting the stone.

Yeah, but stormlight still makes you faster and stronger, no matter how or why it does so.

20 minutes ago, Frustration said:

That is false. it is squires.

Yea I just double checked that, I guess it’s squires. It seems really odd since both the Skybreakers and Lightweavers have a fairly large number of squires as well.

I wonder what the ability Kal manifested during the arena match was then? I guess he has access to some ability that hasn’t be explained yet.

I hate when things don’t make sense.

6 minutes ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

Yea I just double checked that, I guess it’s squires. It seems really odd since both the Skybreakers and Lightweavers have a fairly large number of squires as well.

I wonder what the ability Kal manifested during the arena match was then? I guess he has access to some ability that hasn’t be explained yet.

I would guess that it's something to do with Honorspren's relationship with windspren.

5 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I would guess that it's something to do with Honorspren's relationship with windspren.

That’s a third power though, and it isn’t really in line with the idea or theme of the Surges. Does everyone have extra powers completely unrelated to their Surges or Resonance that we don’t know about yet?

1 hour ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

Witch one? He was boosted by Stormlight. Period. Every other skill he brings to the table, was his own. Kaladin is many times described as the best spearman in army. And this was even far before he starts bonding Syl, in Amarams army.

Also, Stormlight is boosting strengh. Shallan was able to lift Kaladin in the chasms with one hand. Szeth was able to hit Adolin and send him few meters (he didnt Lash him). About Dalinar you know (but this was also his Surge, Tension, even with "normal" Stormlight boost he wouldnt be able to lift that heavy stone).

6 hours ago, Bzhydack said:

Witch one? He was boosted by Stormlight. Period. Every other skill he brings to the table, was his own. Kaladin is many times described as the best spearman in army. And this was even far before he starts bonding Syl, in Amarams army.

Also, Stormlight is boosting strengh. Shallan was able to lift Kaladin in the chasms with one hand. Szeth was able to hit Adolin and send him few meters (he didnt Lash him). About Dalinar you know (but this was also his Surge, Tension, even with "normal" Stormlight boost he wouldnt be able to lift that heavy stone).

Only ability Kal used was basic lashing himself into Relis's back.  There was thst bit at the end where he and syl were blocking with the shard plate helm and he thought he was the "wind," but I always put that down to him being in the zone. 

14 hours ago, Bzhydack said:

8 hours ago, Chanarach said:

Only ability Kal used was basic lashing himself into Relis's back.  There was thst bit at the end where he and syl were blocking with the shard plate helm and he thought he was the "wind," but I always put that down to him being in the zone. 

This is from the arena fight.

Instinct . . . then something deeper . . . guided his steps. He danced between those Blades, cool air wrapping around him. And for a moment, he felt—impossibly—that he could have dodged just as well if his eyes had been closed.

That is basically non visual Atium.

Hmmm....

I still think that this is Kaladins own ability, not him being Windrunner. When Teft saw him doing Kata, he said that never saw Kata like this in his life (and he is quite old soldier). When Kal was fighting Parshendi on the Tower he also was able to dodge more. Also, Kaladin hes ones glimps of Shadesmar, when he was practising Lashings - and this is not Windrunner ability. He also was able to "ride Storms" in his dreams.

So its possible that "Stormblessed" is not only title, but maybe indeed Kal is closer to Spiritual Realm than normal human is?

Hoid would own all. Raoden would be tough. Susebron. Dalinar. Vasher. Marsh. These top my list of people fighting with investiture. Maybe Jasnah.

unpowered fighting... Adolin, Szeth, Wax (maybe put an asterisk by him)... having a harder time with this list. Possibly Rock?

On 10/1/2020 at 1:51 PM, Nameless said:

That WoB was from 2014. It's six years old, and might not be completely reliable anymore.

The oldest I found was from 2016, with the same answers. So Brandon seems to be pretty consistent on that answer. No ones asked in awhile though... This is non-powered only, mind.

In a powered fight team Scadrial wins if they team up, because time manipulation gives them an extraordinary edge.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, in a fight, or a melee or whatever, what do you all men's by cheating or playing dirty?

If we remove powers, then we are just dealing with non powered weapons.. are those wood weapons or metal ones? I am thinking, guns are not allowed.. or are they?what about arrows? Can the arrows or wood weapons or metal weapons be put on with poisons on them? How do u define winning? Does one win a duel when the other dies, or gives up? Do u have to with hold honour or rules of fight? Are there even rules?

If there are no rules, except one, which is,  no power allowed in the form of investiture, so, can a fighter bring tank in this war, guns line Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator? Let's suppose guns, grenades and any such technical advancements are not allowed, and one can only fight either without weapon, or using a weapon which is not a missile or a munition. With these two rules, who do you think will win?? 

I would ask once again.. what does it mean by cheating in a fight? Because, then, the person who fights the dirtiest and has no moral issues with the actions used to win, will win. 

Brandon has already said, in such a fight, either Kelsier or Vasher comes out on top of everyone. And then, the two decide between them. 

It tells me more about Kelsier and Vasher and their characters that Brandon sees them like this. And, I am terrified at the implications.. think of them as heroes guys.. keep on thinking of then as heroes..because Brandon has put them in very specific circumstances to be perceived as ones. But I think, both of them are not. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2020 at 4:46 PM, SwordNimiForPresident said:

This is wrong the windrunner resonance is more squires

kaladin specifically has a special interaction with the bond and spiritual realm that seems similar to Vin basically because he would become a boss with the spear he always was talented with it.

1 hour ago, Valigus said:

This is wrong the windrunner resonance is more squires

This was pointed out already but thank you.

1 hour ago, Valigus said:

kaladin specifically has a special interaction with the bond and spiritual realm that seems similar to Vin basically because he would become a boss with the spear he always was talented with it.

Yea it seems Kaladin has some powers that are unrelated to being Radiant. It's like plot armor but more offensive. Plot weapon it guess? No, Plotbreaker, ruiner of stories. That seems right.

On 11/22/2020 at 3:44 AM, Pandora's shard said:

Guys, in a fight, or a melee or whatever, what do you all men's by cheating or playing dirty?

If we remove powers, then we are just dealing with non powered weapons.. are those wood weapons or metal ones? I am thinking, guns are not allowed.. or are they?what about arrows? Can the arrows or wood weapons or metal weapons be put on with poisons on them? How do u define winning? Does one win a duel when the other dies, or gives up? Do u have to with hold honour or rules of fight? Are there even rules?

If there are no rules, except one, which is,  no power allowed in the form of investiture, so, can a fighter bring tank in this war, guns line Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator? Let's suppose guns, grenades and any such technical advancements are not allowed, and one can only fight either without weapon, or using a weapon which is not a missile or a munition. With these two rules, who do you think will win?? 

I would ask once again.. what does it mean by cheating in a fight? Because, then, the person who fights the dirtiest and has no moral issues with the actions used to win, will win. 

Brandon has already said, in such a fight, either Kelsier or Vasher comes out on top of everyone. And then, the two decide between them. 

It tells me more about Kelsier and Vasher and their characters that Brandon sees them like this. And, I am terrified at the implications.. think of them as heroes guys.. keep on thinking of then as heroes..because Brandon has put them in very specific circumstances to be perceived as ones. But I think, both of them are not. 

This breakdown has me terrified for the Cosmere’s future.