Hi

Commander Azure

1 hour ago, Commander Azure said:

Hello People (I used this name online before book 3 FYI, it isn't based on that).

The original!!! :o:o

Can you @ people here? Vapor, I've read everything Cosmere but White Sand and Aether of Night, Legion, Skyward, Alcatraz, Rithmatist, and the Reckoners. I'm definitely a Sanderson fan. Mist, hmm...I've always wanted to fly so Surgebinding, and, more specifically, Windrunning?

Yes (as Vapor pointed out) you can. You can also "Quote" them as I am doing here which (assuming they haven't turned off some notifications) also pings them to let them know you are mentioning them (as this message should have done :)). Pressing "Quote" quotes that one person, pressing the plus icon next to Quote allows you to quote a whole bunch of people at once.

With that repertoire I would say you're a full fan! Which one was your favorite?? Also, what was the first book in the Cosmere that you read and do you wish you had started elsewhere? And yes, flying would be amazing! Just make sure to stay away from any airplanes or electrical lines and you'll be fine... I think :D

And what does giving people reputation mean?

Reputation is similar to an upvote or a like. If you thought someone posted something helpful, funny, interesting or anything else that you enjoyed it's a way of letting them know you liked it. Reputation is displayed on your homepage and your reputation "title" (which changes as you get get more and more) is displayed above your post count on the left side when you make a new post. But for the most part as Vapor said they're just online points :P

Welcome to the Shard!

Edited by Scout_Fox

19 minutes ago, Commander Azure said:

Thank you! I started with WoK, as a family member was listening to WoR as an audiobook, I heard some of it, and decided to give the series a try. I definitely think it's one of the best places to start. I don't wish I'd started somewhere else.

Oooh good starting spot! Yeah WoK is definitely one of the better ones. The length makes it not for the faint of heart though! 1000+ pages can be just a tad daunting for people new to the series :P. Glad you stuck with it though and enjoyed it! Welcome again!

4 hours ago, Krox said:

That much I know, but the origin of your use! :P

Oh, that? I'm honestly not sure. I think it was around this time of year in 2017, so it wasn't mine for a long time before the book came out, but yeah, I really don't remember. I guess because Azure is a cool name for a color I like?

39 minutes ago, Commander Azure said:

Oh, that? I'm honestly not sure. I think it was around this time of year in 2017, so it wasn't mine for a long time before the book came out, but yeah, I really don't remember. I guess because Azure is a cool name for a color I like?

I'll live with that answer, fun happenstance though! :lol: