Opportunity

NameIess

I have returned from my long absence! at least it felt long to me. It occurred to me that I have never made one of these, and coupled with the fact that I have been away away from the shard for a month or so due to being busy IRL, I have at long last decided to introduce myself.

I was introduced to Brandon Sanderson when I asked one of my cousins what their favorite book was and they answered: The Way of Kings. I eventually read that, was instantly hooked, and read through the rest of the series as fast as possible, finishing Oathbringer the day I was given it, which just happened to be Christmas. I then moved on to the rest of Brandon's books, devouring The Reckoners, Mistborn eras 1 and 2, Elantris, Warbreaker, Arcanum unbounded, White sands 1 and 2, The Aether of Night, and finally, about a week ago, The Way of Kings Prime. I have loved every book by Brandon that I have read, my favorite being Words of Radiance, and my least favorite being Warbreaker. I joined the 17th shard at about the time I was reading Arcanum unbounded, and I have enjoyed being in this community since then.

I love books, I love Minecraft, I love Star Wars (especially the clone wars), I have finally finished the MCU, and I have recently begun learning to ride a unicycle.

Edited by Nameless

16 minutes ago, Mist said:

Welcome back, Nameless! Favorite magic system? 

Definitely Hemalurgy Surgebinding. The other magic systems are well thought out and intriguing, but the unique element of the spren and oaths adds a lot of depth to the system.

On 21.7.2020 at 2:38 AM, Nameless said:

I love books, I love Minecraft, I love Star Wars (especially the clone wars), I have finally finished the MCU, and I have recently begun learning to ride a unicycle.

You finished MCU now, how did you make it this far without knowing what would happen!?

7 hours ago, Krox said:

You finished MCU now, how did you make it this far without knowing what would happen!?

I actually finished it in January. It was still pretty hard to avoid spoilers though, but I managed to keep from getting Endgame and Far from home spoiled through route of reminding whoever I talked to that I hadn't watched them every five seconds or so.

16 hours ago, Nameless said:

I actually finished it in January. It was still pretty hard to avoid spoilers though, but I managed to keep from getting Endgame and Far from home spoiled through route of reminding whoever I talked to that I hadn't watched them every five seconds or so.

Well you must've been fun at parties ;-)
Happy/unhappy about the ending, I thought it was ok. Looking forward to see how they'll develop the universe from here on!

5 hours ago, Krox said:

Happy/unhappy about the ending, I thought it was ok. Looking forward to see how they'll develop the universe from here on!

I liked it, but I was a little mad about Cap's ending, until I watched Captain America: The first Avenger again.