The New Empire

Negative_Null

"No!" says Zola. "Also, how did you get here? Anyway, this is my friend Hiiri. We were friends before my House moved to Luthadel and took me with it, but I don't know what she's doing here. What are you doing here, Hiiri?"

Hiiri smiled, tears in her eyes. "I can't believe I found you! I came to say I'm sorry that I never visited after your House moved. I want to know everything that's happened, and I want to help."

Zola looked back at Taeli. "Uhh..."

On 9/3/2020 at 6:21 PM, DramaQueen said:

Taeli follows behind Grace, quietly causing more damage to the buildings they passed.

I was following Grace who was following you.

5 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"No!" says Zola. "Also, how did you get here? Anyway, this is my friend Hiiri. We were friends before my House moved to Luthadel and took me with it, but I don't know what she's doing here. What are you doing here, Hiiri?"

Hiiri smiled, tears in her eyes. "I can't believe I found you! I came to say I'm sorry that I never visited after your House moved. I want to know everything that's happened, and I want to help."

Zola looked back at Taeli. "Uhh..."

"I got here because I was following...Grace, is that her name? She was following you." Taeli turned toward Hiiri, still suspicious. And also a little jealous that she wasn't Zola's only friend. "A lot happened. Hard to explain."

Grace looked at Taeli. "You were following me?" She looks back and groans, staring at all the shattered windows. "Better start cleaning up."

Eric sees Grace and goes over to help, grinning. "Those two seem like a handful to deal with." "You have no idea. Do you know how many windows they've broken?"

10 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

"I got here because I was following...Grace, is that her name? She was following you." Taeli turned toward Hiiri, still suspicious. And also a little jealous that she wasn't Zola's only friend. "A lot happened. Hard to explain."

10 hours ago, Vapor said:

Grace looked at Taeli. "You were following me?" She looks back and groans, staring at all the shattered windows. "Better start cleaning up."

Eric sees Grace and goes over to help, grinning. "Those two seem like a handful to deal with." "You have no idea. Do you know how many windows they've broken?"

2 hours ago, A Windrunner said:

Sel falls through the ceiling of house Tekial. “Ouch, you should get padding here Zola.” Sel tilts his head and let’s some debris fall out of his ear.

"What are you all doing here? Did you all follow me? Hiiri, maybe we can catch up later, when it's a little more private. Well, I suppose since you're all here, you may as well stay. This is my room, go ahead and pick one if you're bent on staying. Taeli, there's one on either side of this one, do you want the one to the right? Hiiri, you can take the one to the left."

37 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"What are you all doing here? Did you all follow me? Hiiri, maybe we can catch up later, when it's a little more private. Well, I suppose since you're all here, you may as well stay. This is my room, go ahead and pick one if you're bent on staying. Taeli, there's one on either side of this one, do you want the one to the right? Hiiri, you can take the one to the left."

"Sounds good to me." Taeli shrugs, then walks into the room, flopping onto the bed.

Zola sat down on the bed, coughing as a cloud of dust rises from the covers. She waves it away and smiles wholeheartedly at Hiiri. "You wanted to know what had gone on? Well, after my House was decimated, I lived on the streets for a while, but one day while I was hiding in the ceiling of a ballroom, I heard some people talking about a revolution or something? So I went down and joined them, we went to a sweet house and talked. Some Inquisitors showed up, then Sel was in charge of them, so we went to Kredik Shaw and broke some windows/doors/floors/whatever we could break, someone fixed them all, we broke them again, then went to try to stop some executions and failed but it's okay since they were Inquisitors, then I felt like I should come here, so we came here and found you. Does that about sum it up?"

"No, I'm still really confused, but all I need to know is that you're happy. You're happy, right?" Hiiri asked.

Zola looked around. "Well, yeah, but I'd be happier if you were here. Will you stay?"

Hiiri grinned. "I'd love to. So, we're staying here for now?"

"Yeah, I think so. See you in the morning?"

"I'll see you in the morning." Hiiri stood up and walked into her room, where she fell asleep quickly.

Zola tried to go to sleep, but her mind was tossing and turning. What was Hiiri doing here? Could she stay? Taeli didn't seem to like her, but Zola thought they could get along. She tried, but couldn't stop thinking until, mentally and physically exhausted, she went to sleep without even noticing that she had.

Anyone else want to think tonight?

Tellen is really not sure what's been going on this whole time, but it seems like this is at least a point where everyone can rest and regroup. Under his breath he repeats "Feel your emotions get Soothed away, all the cares you have are Soothed away, feel the peace underneath give you rest. Feel your emotions..."

2 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Tellen is really not sure what's been going on this whole time, but it seems like this is at least a point where everyone can rest and regroup. Under his breath he repeats "Feel your emotions get Soothed away, all the cares you have are Soothed away, feel the peace underneath give you rest. Feel your emotions..."

Sel lands next to Tellen, “Hey.”.

Is that really all the character building we're doing tonight? Wow. You have until tomorrow to character build, then I'm waking up.

Of course, someone could wake up before me. Maybe I'll wake up in a little bit and go wander around, then run into FotT. We can hope. Maybe I will... hmm.

Well, the time lne doesn't work too well considering we're in the Final Empire and they're in Elendel. But I'm sure we could figure something out.

Tellen sighs. "So, team..." he stops. "We are a team, right?"

"Anyway, what do we know so far? The Lord Ruler is missing and all the Inquisitors are apparently getting executed."

Taeli stumbled out of the room she had been staying in, her hair in a messy bun that was somehow still perfectly messy even after a night of restless sleep. She looked at her reflection in a mirror in the hall, then let out a loud groan. "Why can't I wake up with bedhead for once in my life? This darn Elantrian hair just won't. Get. Messy!" The last three words were punctuated by her pulling sections of her hair from the bun. Those strands fell neatly to the sides of her face, perfectly framing her face, leading to a sigh of exasperation from Taeli.

5 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Well, the time lne doesn't work too well considering we're in the Final Empire and they're in Elendel. But I'm sure we could figure something out.

True, but I thought that we were close enough in time line(1 or 2 months) that Hiiri could go wait somewhere for them to appear. Like, she could go find them in the Rusty Vial after waiting there for some time.

Also, we're not all together, I think we're in our respective rooms, unless you're back at the castle, in which case everyone but you is gone I think.

Taeli getting mad because her hair is perfect. OK I'm forcing a confrontation.

Hiiri walked out of her room, ready for the day. She saw the glowing woman who seemed to be a friend of Zola's, then winced remembering how presumptuous she had been last night. She hovered in the doorway, unsure what to do. She didn't want to fight, but she also wanted to get some breakfast.

Or not, Hiiri doesn't want a confrontation. Does that ever happen to you, where you want to do something but it seems like your character won't let you?

Also, I don't know what powers she should have because she was originally going to not be special because she was just in Happy Inquisitor, but she needs something if she's going to help. Her sketching isn't good enough. Ooh, maybe she could be able to turn invisible? She's supposed to be mousy, maybe she can shapeshift? I don't know, I'm just brainstorming at this point. Help?

11 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Tellen sighs. "So, team..." he stops. "We are a team, right?"

"Anyway, what do we know so far? The Lord Ruler is missing and all the Inquisitors are apparently getting executed."

Eric shrugs. "I don't know. We could try to keep the order as much as we can," he says as Grace walks up next to him. "If anybody needs anyone, my father has contacts," she says.

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

True, but I thought that we were close enough in time line(1 or 2 months) that Hiiri could go wait somewhere for them to appear. Like, she could go find them in the Rusty Vial after waiting there for some time.

Also, we're not all together, I think we're in our respective rooms, unless you're back at the castle, in which case everyone but you is gone I think.

Sorry, about 300 years off.

Honestly, I completely fell off the train on this one for a bit so I don't know where anyone is or what's been happening. So that's on me.