Late-knight randomness (or any time when other activity is low)

Just now, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Ooh, homemade or restaurant burger?

Restaurant. We had a deal where if we bought something that was a dollar or more, we could get a free burger. It was a good deal, as I got a chocolate pie and a burger for a little over one dollar.

Story time!

I applied for a job in an escape room a few days ago and today I got a call from an unknown number but I declined it because I never answer unknown numbers. The number texted me and turns out it was the escape room asking about my resume. I responded to call me back but they didn't for like 6 hours. I finally texted them and asked if they still wanted to talk to me and they asked if I had a resume and to send it to an email account. Confused because I had already sent my resume when I applied, I resent it and have received zero acknowledgement that they got it.

1 minute ago, revelryintheart said:

Story time!

I applied for a job in an escape room a few days ago and today I got a call from an unknown number but I declined it because I never answer unknown numbers. The number texted me and turns out it was the escape room asking about my resume. I responded to call me back but they didn't for like 6 hours. I finally texted them and asked if they still wanted to talk to me and they asked if I had a resume and to send it to an email account. Confused because I had already sent my resume when I applied, I resent it and have received zero acknowledgement that they got it.

Oh, no! I hope it all works out. 

I’m going to change that question to suit my needs:

Question for all those people who (+I) need white noise to sleep: how?  There are five fans going in my room and I can't sleep because one of them is rotating past me, and the other four rattle.

Teach me your ways.

In other words, I need to sleep 

8 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Question for all those people who need white noise to sleep: how?  There are five fans going in my room and I can't sleep because one of them is rotating past me, and the other four rattle.

Teach me your ways.

Rattling fans are annoying, but a constant hum drowns out other noises.

To be fair, I never have a problem sleeping

7 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Rattling fans are annoying, but a constant hum drowns out other noises.

To be fair, I never have a problem sleeping

I can't turn on my fan as I sleep because I sleep on a bunk bed, and if the fan was on and I moved my foot two inches into the air, my toe would be dismembered.

You never have a problem sleeping? You never have a problem sleeping?? How? What's your secret? I NEED TO KNOWWWW.

8 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Question for all those people who need white noise to sleep: how?  There are five fans going in my room and I can't sleep because one of them is rotating past me, and the other four rattle.

Teach me your ways.

My family is literally obsessed with sleeping with fans 

Spoiler

Story time, my brother used to sleep with one so close to his face that his eye would dry out and he would get scratches on his eye from his skin, and so the doctor said he’s not allowed to sleep with anything but a rotating fan.

So I’ve slept with one since I was like 2. It feels weird to sleep without one now. I get overheated and feel gross if I don’t have a fan on. 

I don’t get needing music to fall asleep though, I’ve tried and I always wake up at midnight to Taylor Swift crying in her guitar. 

8 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Teach me your ways.

My alarm clock makes an incessant buzzing noise that only stops if I unplug it, but then the screen goes dark and I can't tell the time. So I just... ignore it? Idk how to "teach" someone to sleep with white noise.