The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

44 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Remembrance has lived for a long time, but in all of its days, never has it heard or felt such a curious word, 'fleeker.' It is excited at Fadran's response! It pushes its excitement to Fadran. Realizing that it had not answered Fadran's question, however, it seeks for Higher Communication. Searching through its memories, Remembrance finds that it had indeed used words before, but it was such a long time ago that it is unsure of its ability in Thisplace. It remembers its experience with Craven, and all of the memories it gained, but still shies away from the memories. It is scared of those memories. Those memories are new. However... Remembrance decides that it is too curious not to employ Higher Communication.

Remembrance pushesbut this push is different. This push does not affect Fadran, for this push is for Remembrance only. A push of the mind, of the spirit. A push of progression, and a push of Identity. Remembrance hadn't used this push in a long time. Not since it left the Origin. Its push allows it to contemplate Fadran's response, so it ponders. (Remembrance has not pondered in a long time either, so it decides to ponder the pondering first.)

Remembrance understands now, and it pushes its own words to Fadran. I am curious. What are you?

Fadran smiled. I'm well aware that you're curious. I can tell. I'm Fadran. Do you have a name? He looked around at the fading color. And are you the one doing this?

24 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran smiled. I'm well aware that you're curious. I can tell. I'm Fadran. Do you have a name? He looked around at the fading color. And are you the one doing this?

In answer, Remembrance pushes a burst of raw information detailing the complexities of its existence, inter- and intra-planar integration, with some strong and weak nuclear force thrown in. It stops, however, realizing that this might be too much. This time, it just pushes words. I am Remembrance. It then gazes around, locking onto the warp. No. I... do not know what is occuring. This is new to me.

Edited by EchoOfThePlanes

4 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

In answer, Remembrance pushes a burst of raw information detailing the complexities of its existence, inter- and intra-planar integration, with some strong and weak nuclear force thrown in. It stops, however, realizing that this might be too much. This time, it just pushes words. I am Remembrance. It then gazes around, locking onto the warp. No. I... do not know what is occuring. This is new to me.

Yikes. I almost half-understood that first part. Fadran scratched his head. Do you think you could find whatever it is, Remembrance?

13 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Yikes. I almost half-understood that first part. Fadran scratched his head. Do you think you could find whatever it is, Remembrance?

I do not know. This universe... it is new to me. Remembrance pushes an image of its surroundings, specifically centered on the strange warp, to Fadran. The image is laced with surprise, as if Remembrance did not mean to do it. There is some kind of anomaly, but I cannot sense the origin. Something is... preventing me from accessing your plane of existence.

3 minutes ago, Tani said:

As Tvora becomes less substantial in the physical realm, an outline of her body appears and fills out in the cognitive. The more faded she is in the physical, the more substantial she is in the cognitive, and vice versa

Oh snap, now I gotta write out a description of Remembrance. I am not sure how Tvora is plane shifting, so just let me know when she (she, correct?) would see Remembrance, please. :D

Remembrance is filled with its new emotion, anxiety, as it witnesses Tvora's shift onto the Cognitive Plane. It does not detect a Connection between the warping and this new personage, but Remembrance pushes an image (along with its anxiety) of Tvora to Fadran anyway. What is this? Another warping of this universe?

1 minute ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

I do not know. This universe... it is new to me. Remembrance pushes an image of its surroundings, specifically centered on the strange warp, to Fadran. The image is laced with surprise, as if Remembrance did not mean to do it. There is some kind of anomaly. There is a warping of space here, but I cannot sense the origin. Something is... preventing me from accessing your plane of existence.

Fadran thought about that for a moment. What do you think would happen if you could access this plane of existence?

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran thought about that for a moment. What do you think would happen if you could access this plane of existence?

Remembrance is mentally silent for a moment, pushing its thoughtfulness along for Fadran's benefit. I... am not sure. The planes and dimensions of this universe are different. Nothing like I remember. Commencing a multi-planar integration might allow me to better determine what is occuring.

Just now, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Remembrance is mentally silent for a moment, pushing its thoughtfulness along for Fadran's benefit. I... am not sure. The planes and dimensions of this universe are different. Nothing like I remember. Commencing a multi-planar integration might allow me to better determine what is occuring.

Okay, because I might be able to pull you out.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Okay, because I might be able to pull you out.

Remembrance pushes its curiosity to Fadran. Are you certain? You are new. The other I Connected with had a very... chaotic mind. This Connection we have now allows us to communicate, but somehow... somehow it prevents access to the other's memories. I am too new to this universe. I do not know how I did this, but it is so.

1 minute ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Remembrance pushes its curiosity to Fadran. Are you certain? You are new. The other I Connected with had a very... chaotic mind. This Connection we have now allows us to communicate, but somehow... somehow it prevents access to the other's memories. I am too new to this universe. I do not know how I did this, but it is so, and I am pleased.

Well, I'd be the one doing the pulling. Fadran shook out his hands. And I'd be using a magical property that we seem to share: connections.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Well, I'd be the one doing the pulling. Fadran shook out his hands. And I'd be using a magical property that we seem to share: connections.

Remembrance executes its equivalent of a nod, and pushes its understanding, then its determination to Fadran. I see. Let us make it so.

15 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Remembrance is filled with its new emotion, anxiety, as it witnesses Tvora's shift onto the Cognitive Plane. It does not detect a Connection between the warping and this new personage, but Remembrance pushes an image (along with its anxiety) of Tvora to Fadran anyway. What is this? Another warping of this universe?

It's just a silhouette, she can't see anything there while she's connected to the physical realm. But Remembrance definitely sees her.

I use the shade of the RP words to communicate how solid Tvora is in the physical realm. White = completely insubstantial, black = completely solid. She's usually somewhere in between.

Just now, Tani said:

It's just a silhouette, she can't see anything there while she's connected to the physical realm. But Remembrance definitely sees her.

I use the shade of the RP words to communicate how solid Tvora is in the physical realm. White = completely insubstantial, black = completely solid. She's usually somewhere in between.

Ahhhh, cool! That's a clever way of expressing your character. I love it.

Just now, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Remembrance executes its equivalent of a nod, and pushes its understanding, then its determination to Fadran. I see. Let us make it so.

Alright. Fadran Forged a Bond to the thing in his head. The thing about having a multiverse is that magic doesn't always carry over. Fortunately, there are ways to fix this.

He began pulling the identity of Remembrance into the physical plane. You have to consider whether or not magic is coming from a source into a person, of if it's within the person themself. For example, for Allomancy, the Investiture isn't found in the metals; the metals are used as a conduit for the Investiture. Outside of the Cosmere, I doubt it would work. Fadran Bonded Remembrance to the physical world. When it comes to Divinity such as from my universe, though... that's imbedded in the person. I can take it wherever I want.

With all the preparations in place, he began to pull. Another thing to consider are shared properties. Things like connections are shared between lots of kinds of magic--Investiture, Spirit Bonds, and whatever it is you're using. All you have to do is account for the slight differences between the systems and...

Fadran let out a grunt and pulled Remembrance into the physical realm.

24 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Alright. Fadran Forged a Bond to the thing in his head. The thing about having a multiverse is that magic doesn't always carry over. Fortunately, there are ways to fix this.

He began pulling the identity of Remembrance into the physical plane. You have to consider whether or not magic is coming from a source into a person, of if it's within the person themself. For example, for Allomancy, the Investiture isn't found in the metals; the metals are used as a conduit for the Investiture. Outside of the Cosmere, I doubt it would work. Fadran Bonded Remembrance to the physical world. When it comes to Divinity such as from my universe, though... that's imbedded in the person. I can take it wherever I want.

With all the preparations in place, he began to pull. Another thing to consider are shared properties. Things like connections are shared between lots of kinds of magic--Investiture, Spirit Bonds, and whatever it is you're using. All you have to do is account for the slight differences between the systems and...

Fadran let out a grunt and pulled Remembrance into the physical realm.

Light. Sound. Energy.

A few feet from Fadran, space begins to bend and ripple, not unlike the strange cognitive warping, but with significant differences. Noticeable heat begins to build up, and with a rolling crack, becomes a searing torrent of burning air molecules. An outpouring of radiant light bursts forth from the center of rippling space. Identity gains substance, and Connection takes form. The heat abates, the outpouring of energy stops, and shapes itself into the form of a strange serpent. Quills of energy arc from the head of the serpent, forming what looks like, but surely could not be... feathers?

Remembrance gazes into the eyes of Fadran, and pushes its relief. It is so, and I am now. Thank you, Fadran. I will remember these words.

"Oooooh! Who are you?"

Remembrance feels a minute vibration, which is a bit strange to it. It looks around, and seeing Tvora, cocks its head. Remembrance wonders if it can maintain two Connections. It focuses on Tvora's faded form, and pushes.

Connection!

Remembrance pushes its curiosity to Tvora (which Fadran would be able to feel due to the continuing existence of his Connection to Remembrance). This is new... You are different. Are humans so diversified?

Remembrance feels a minute vibration, which is a bit strange to it. It looks around, and seeing Tvora, cocks its head. Remembrance wonders if it can maintain two Connections. It focuses on Tvora's faded form, and pushes.

Connection!

Remembrance pushes its curiosity to Tvora (which Fadran would be able to feel due to the continuing existence of his Connection to Remembrance). This is new... You are different. Are humans so diversified?

"I'm a demon. What are you?"

Edited by Tani

12 minutes ago, EchoOfThePlanes said:

Light. Sound. Energy.

A few feet from Fadran, space begins to bend and ripple, not unlike the strange cognitive warping, but with significant differences. Noticeable heat begins to build up, and with a rolling crack, becomes a searing torrent of burning air molecules. An outpouring of radiant light bursts forth from the center of rippling space. Identity gains substance, and Connection takes form. The heat abates, the outpouring of energy stops, and shapes itself into the form of a strange serpent. Quills of energy arc from the head of the serpent, forming what looks like, but surely could not be... feathers?

Remembrance gazes into the eyes of Fadran, and pushes its relief. It is so, and I am now. Thank you, Fadran. I will remember these words.

"No problem, pal."