Navani's notebook

Chiberty

There was a very minor translation error from women's script on the Navani's notebook page (minor enough to not really be important), and I corrected the error, but the image paired with the translation also includes the error.

The translation of the emotion bracelet page read, "...or the emotions of the people in the next room over," which I corrected to "...or the emotions of the person in the next room over."

My main question is if there is an easy way to edit the corresponding image to have the same correction. I don't know how difficult it would be to correct the image, but as I said, it's not really that important, so if it would be difficult to change, it would be fine left as it is.

Is the reason you think this is incorrect due to grammar or the translation (i.e. you know how to read the women's script.)? I myself don't know how to read it.

My point is that if it's just about grammar it might just be how it is written in the script. In which case the accurate, though grammatically incorrect, version would probably be the correct one to have on the wiki. 

Edited by King of Herdaz

1 minute ago, King of Herdaz said:

Is the reason you think this is incorrect due to grammar or the translation (i.e. you know how to read the women's script.)? I myself don't know how to read it.

The translation is off. Actually, looking back at the page, there are quite a few mistranslated spots, which I can correct, but the images will still have the incorrect words on them.

Hmm. You'd probably have to edit the image that's on the wiki, but it's best to check with the Keepers before doing something like that.

(I just help a lot on the wiki, so I have some experience with how these things usually work, but I am not a Keeper or anything)

Edited by King of Herdaz

It's not that hard to learn :D. I just took 15~20 minutes to memorize the alphabet and then read the notebook entries

And depending on who submitted the image, they might just be able to open their copy of it and edit the words in something and resubmit it

Also, there just the translated images are on the page (for the first 3) while the other 2 from the notebook are left untranslated... can we just stick with one? Like either all translated or all 'raw' images, or have both?

Also, the Pain Knife one, it should say: "remove outer covering" but it says "removable outer covering" on the page

And for the emotion bracelet, it should say "man who discovered his betrothed lied to him" when it is "man who discovered his betrothed lies to him"

Is this something that was intentional? :D one on each page... hmmm

Edited by GoWibble
mistranslation on coppermind

Thanks for noticing and mentioning this! I see you tweaked a few other things in the Coppermind translation; I assume those are all the other errors you noticed?

I think the original image is here; it doesn't look like the person who made it is still around. We never made translated copies of the images from Oathbringer either, and at this point we're thinking about redoing all of them to make the fonts consistent and easy to read; we would certainly fix any translation errors then. So, if anyone notices anymore, please let us know!