Bridge Crew Signature Dishes

Endrogue

We all know that Rock's stew is a big part of being part of Bridge Four and it's mentioned that Bridge Seventeen has a signature bean curry.

How can we get Brandon to give us a list of all the bridge crews and their signature dishes or, better yet, a cook book?

I feel like Roshar would have the hardest to adapt recipes of pretty much any fantasy novel I've read. Like... You'd need a lot of rarer meat types on the seafood side. That said, I'm pretty sure I've bought Chouta at Taco Bell.

Edited by Aminar

8 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

My favorite part of any sanderson book is how Kaladin starts off hating chouta and now it is practically a part of bridge four's identity.

I mean the moment in WoK when he actually eats one and is just so disappointed in himself for liking it is gold. 

Just now, Hentient said:

Kickstarter for leather-bound Bridge 4 cook book anyone? anyone? 

Bonus recipe: Chouta (Though may be Extreme difficulty considering grain and meat is soulcast)

Yes. I'm honestly not sure how it's possible to be cooking soup for weeks on end and not have it burn. Especially on a firepit that can't be put on 'low heat'

28 minutes ago, Experience said:

Yes. I'm honestly not sure how it's possible to be cooking soup for weeks on end and not have it burn. Especially on a firepit that can't be put on 'low heat'

That was a thing for a long time. Families would just have a cauldron of everything and leftovers stew going so that nothing was wasted. 

1 minute ago, Aminar said:

That was a thing for a long time. Families would just have a cauldron of everything and leftovers stew going so that nothing was wasted. 

That's crazy. I can see it happening though. I sorta want to make a Stormlight Archive cookbook now. Maybe even a cosmere one, though at the moment I can't really think of any special foods from other books. 

3 hours ago, Experience said:

That's crazy. I can see it happening though. I sorta want to make a Stormlight Archive cookbook now. Maybe even a cosmere one, though at the moment I can't really think of any special foods from other books. 

There were some vegetable wraps in the first Mistborn, and Kiin does a whole bunch of cooking in Elantris.

10 hours ago, Experience said:

I'm curious about Horneater White. I know Brandon's not a drinker so I assume he is either outsourcing that writing or just making it up, but it sounds nothing like Everclear shots so, as someone with a love for overpowering flavors, I'm intrigued by the idea. (My family enjoys downing unsweetened Kool-Aid packets as a snack. I have learned this is extremely not normal and that to most people lemons and limes are unbearably sour, not a great slightly sour snack with a frustrating peeling process.) 

• 3 weeks later...

As I'm rereading I keep wondering, is the 'pork' they have literally pig meat? If so it's presumably Shin.

Alternatively, is it another mammal in the same vein as all birds being chickens, or is it some other thing they call pork like how 'axehounds' are dog sized insects/crustaceans that are definitely not dogs as we know them.