Wonder Woman 1984 - costume looks like Shardplate?

Is it just me, or does the costume in this picture look like Shardplate? Maybe someone on the production is a Sanderfan? On a side note, some of the photos show that this costume has wings - wouldn't that be a cool addition to a KR's armor if they didn't have a Surge that granted them flight in some way?

wonder-woman-1984-gal-gadot.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Lump-wing said:

Is it just me, or does the costume in this picture look like Shardplate? Maybe someone on the production is a Sanderfan? On a side note, some of the photos show that this costume has wings - wouldn't that be a cool addition to a KR's armor if they didn't have a Surge that granted them flight in some way?

Flight would be a good but shardplate clearly does not grant it(the stoneward needs help from a windrunner).  I don't really think plate looks like that.  Plate has sections that interlock and overlap.

3 hours ago, Lump-wing said:

It looks almost exactly what I imagine Shardplate looks like, except for the shininess and the color.

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

It's golden, though, and Shardplate is slate grey.

IIRC Elhokar's Sharplate was golden - he'd had it painted. Dalinar was supposedly unusual in that he left his its natural slate grey.

Buuuuuuuut - when our KRs get their own real plate (4th ideal?) who knows if it will be grey? Remember how Syl-blade was so much brighter than a typical Shardblade (from WoR somewhere - don't have my book handy). So new plate might not be grey after all...

7 hours ago, Karger said:

... Plate has sections that interlock and overlap.

I totally agree! (I thought that her arm does look like "sections that overlap.) In WoK, I kept re-reading the descriptions of chasmfiend carapace, because it was almost identical to how plate was described. So I've always pictured plate as being more like carapace or exoskeleton, less like the suits of armor we see in museums. Since I don't play videogames, my imagination doesn't have as many reference points compared to my fellow Shard-ers. :-)

In any case, what Brandon comes up with will doubtless be best of all!

Edited by Lump-wing
more specificity

13 minutes ago, Lump-wing said:

So I've always pictured plate as being more like carapace or exoskeleton, less like the suits of armor we see in museums

Actually their is a theylen set that is called roughly the shell of cavar IIRC.

21 minutes ago, Lump-wing said:

who knows if it will be grey?

It's actually stated in the flashback Dalinar experiences that Radiant Plate is not grey, at least the Windrunner that he sees with blue plate. This implies it matches the color of their order, which I'd believe, honestly.

9 hours ago, Invocation said:

It's actually stated in the flashback Dalinar experiences that Radiant Plate is not grey, at least the Windrunner that he sees with blue plate. This implies it matches the color of their order, which I'd believe, honestly.

Fantastic! Ya know, for "a world of stone and storms" (TWoK cover flap, from Brandon's site), Roshar is turning out to be very, very colorful.:)

16 hours ago, Invocation said:

I think that it glowed blue, with glowing glyphs on it.

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, Cosfan4472 said:

That armor Wonder Woman is wearing comes straight from the Kingdom Come graphic novel.

It is the armor she wears when in a major part of the story, and is DC's Amazonian Royal armor, instead of regular soldier armor, which is tan. 

This is the insider information I know my fellow Shard-ers can provide! Bravo!! :D And you've also helped me to understand the movie better, whenever it finally comes out - thanks!

• 2 weeks later...