Oathbringer Spoilers Below!

I was just thinking recently about how Adolin was able to murder Sadeas and get away with it without too much suspicion in Oathbringer and I found myself thinking: How would you get away with murder in Roshar?

Specifically how would you get away Sadeas's murder in Roshar. Would you frame someone? Take Adolin's route and get involved with the investigation? Just curious to see what people have to say! 

Specifically Sadeas's murder? Strangle him (no bloodstain), then take the Shardblade his corpse dropped and chop his limbs off into small pieces (still no/minimal blood because it's a Shardwound) and chuck them out of the window with all my might, then cut a hole underneath something with a lip to fit the Blade in and just shove it in there until I have a week to bond it and no one can find it until I die. Good luck ever finding any remnants of Sadeas, either because they're far away or because they're paste  from the impact at the bottom of the tower.

1 hour ago, Invocation said:

Specifically Sadeas's murder? Strangle him (no bloodstain), then take the Shardblade his corpse dropped and chop his limbs off into small pieces (still no/minimal blood because it's a Shardwound) and chuck them out of the window with all my might, then cut a hole underneath something with a lip to fit the Blade in and just shove it in there until I have a week to bond it and no one can find it until I die.

Um...once someone dies the blade cuts normally. There would be blood if you tried to slice Sadeas up after strangling him.

20 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Um...once someone dies the blade cuts normally. There would be blood if you tried to slice Sadeas up after strangling him.

I don't think Shard-severed wounds bleed the same way normal wounds would. If the soul has been cut, the body shouldn't recognize it as part of it to even pump blood to, so if you've allowed time for the blood to settle, you should be just fine.

Edit: just realized I skipped adjusting a step in my initial post from first plan to second one. My bad.

Edited by Invocation

Lightweave a balcony into a set of stairs if the goal is to just get away with the murder.  If I have more time and resources I would lightweave him into a parshmen and put him unarmed in the middle of a battle zone between Windruners and fused.

1 hour ago, Invocation said:

Specifically Sadeas's murder? Strangle him (no bloodstain), then take the Shardblade his corpse dropped and chop his limbs off into small pieces (still no/minimal blood because it's a Shardwound) and chuck them out of the window with all my might, then cut a hole underneath something with a lip to fit the Blade in and just shove it in there until I have a week to bond it and no one can find it until I die. Good luck ever finding any remnants of Sadeas, either because they're far away or because they're paste  from the impact at the bottom of the tower.

Only problem with that is if your a darkeyes.

55 minutes ago, Oduim's Chmapion said:

Only problem with that is if your a darkeyes.

That is...not the only problem with my initial thing due to my own continuity errors. Though, yes, being a darkeyes would be harder, but if you have a Shardblade, odds are you can get somewhere on Roshar where eye color doesn't matter and they couldn't tell Sadeas from a patch of cremstone. Once you get there, out of Vorin control, you're set for life with a Blade, even if you have to run a one-man Rosharan mafia.

1 hour ago, Firebolt-101 said:

That's a good one!! Never thought of that

Thanks! I may or may not have thought about this before... :ph34r:

Edit: Welp, that was quite the... interesting 5500th post.

Edited by Lunamor

20 hours ago, Invocation said:

My only question is, how would you bond it without anyone finding out? You have to carry the sword with everywhere with you when bonding it and you can't send it away like you could a bonded blade

• Chaos locked this topic