Light in their pockets (a crackpot theory)

So sometimes you have a completely whacked out Cosmere theory get stuck in your head.  Don't hold it in, sharders! That's what forums are for. 

In that spirit,  here's a crackpot theory. Gotta let it out, guys.

After Adolin revives Maya, people discover dead blades can be revived. But it will be difficult if not impossible. So in one of the back 5 books, during the radiant's hour if greatest need, they will make a dark deal with the unmade Ba-Ado-Mishram to revive the cache of shardblades hidden in the underground caverns of Aimia. She will use her powers of connection to bond an allied army of soldiers to the blades, creating an army of new surgebinders. But they won't be able to get from Aimia to the battle in time to save the day (this crucial battle will be taking place in Natanatan).  Their only option: the new Windrunners and Skybreakers will lash them all in front of a high storm and ride it around the planet, coming at Roshar from the origin. Then puuli (from the Oathbringer interlude) will look out of his lighthouse, and see a glowing army riding out of the origin. Then he will realize Grandfather's prophecy is coming true.

They'll come with Light in their pockets, Grandfather had said. They'll come to destroy, but you should watch for them anyway. Because they'll come from the Origin. The sailors lost on an infinite sea. You keep that fire high at night, Puuli. You burn it bright until the day they come.

Only time will tell what BAM asks in return. 

Don't tell me I'm crazy.  I already know. 

Edited by WhiteEmporer

I have a crazy theory that all the major cities with natural radial symmetry are not really cities at all.  Or not what people think,  anyways. Like the real city unknown to everyone is underground.  Or the symmetry is actually part of a mechanism that is going to shift patterns one day.  Or turn into flying cities. 

12 hours ago, WhiteEmporer said:

So sometimes you have a completely whacked out Cosmere theory get stuck in your head.  Don't hold it in, sharders! That's what forums are for. 

In that spirit,  here's a crackpot theory. Gotta let it out, guys.

Don't tell me I'm crazy.  I already know. 

5 hours ago, Zelly said:

I have a crazy theory that all the major cities with natural radial symmetry are not really cities at all.  Or not what people think,  anyways. Like the real city unknown to everyone is underground.  Or the symmetry is actually part of a mechanism that is going to shift patterns one day.  Or turn into flying cities. 

I like both of these theories! Keep the crackpot full! 

I spend far too much time staring at my spreadsheet of KR Orders, Essences, Suges, and so on, trying to make connections. I have a few theories involving body focuses, the order of the books in relation to the order of the Orders, and the Suges' relation to the Dawncities.

I don't see how my theory explains the "sailors lost on an infinite sea." So that prophecy is probably about something different. I do see the possibility of BAM being able to connect people with dead blades, doing something similar to what she did with the parsh. I also like the idea of the radiants having to make a dark deal with an unmade (with terrible consequences of course). Its the kind of moral dilemma that makes for good storytelling. 

On 5/5/2019 at 5:03 PM, WhiteEmporer said:

I don't see how my theory explains the "sailors lost on an infinite sea."

I could see this being the dead spren. It requires some leaps, but I could see the Cognitive Realm being called the infinite sea. And from there, sailors makes sense in context. And the dead spren are definitely lost.

On 5/5/2019 at 2:03 PM, WhiteEmporer said:

I don't see how my theory explains the "sailors lost on an infinite sea."

3 hours ago, Govir said:

I could see this being the dead spren.

I'm with you here, this seems like a pretty straightforward metaphor. The infinite sea is the cognitive realm where they 'live' endlessly, being blown whichever way the 'sea' pushes them. 

I think the most likely outcome is what you predicted: a ton of radiants come from the Origin riding a Highstorm, and Puuli goes nuts when he sees them. Anything else beyond that gets more speculative, but in order of decreasing likelihood, here's how I assess these theories:

1. Radiants riding a Highstorm get seen by Puuli, fulfilling his expectations

2. Those sailors lost at sea are dead spren who have been revived en masse

3. They are arriving in Natanatan

4. They made a deal with BAM to revive the spren

Great thoughts!

• Chaos locked this topic