ZincAboutIt

13 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"But still..."

Amara hesitated.

"Let's at least ask after a description? So that we can recognize them?"

@Vargo Seldon

@Steel Inquisitive

@Chasmfiend#1

Jürgen hesitated. "Fine," he groaned. "But I'm no good with people. You'll have to do the talking, Amara." After some thought he turned to the wolf-man.  "Algorath, how good is your sense of smell?"

@Chasmfiend#1 @Vargo Seldon

Mutig walked along now, more or less accepting his change in luck. He heard people talking, someone had gone missing. He walked towards those talking, spoke briefly with them, mainly to offer encouragement, then set down his sack of gold and poured out a small amount of it.

"My gift, may you find your loved ones."

with that, he turned, noticing the group he'd been with, and with a sigh of resignation, he walked towards them.

@Sorana 

@Steel Inquisitive

@Vargo Seldon

54 minutes ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

Jürgen hesitated. "Fine," he groaned. "But I'm no good with people. You'll have to do the talking, Amara." After some thought he turned to the wolf-man.  "Algorath, how good is your sense of smell?"

@Chasmfiend#1 @Vargo Seldon

I don't know if you saw it, as I had to edit my post in the planning thread. Is there any information I should include? Or something I shouldn't? Otherwise I'll stick with a general description of the missing ones.

Edited by Sorana

The thing/s that are taking people have not been seen by anyone currently alive or on-screen. The ones who go missing have gone into the Fens, the undercity, usually into places that are not very inhabited and are dark and dim. No one knows that the errand boy Fritz is truly missing yet - Liezl will ask about it later when everyone is at the tavern. For now it's mostly random poor people who already live on the streets or in the undercity.

@Steel Inquisitive

General description it is. Thanks!

@ZincAboutIt

===================

Amara walked towards those who had spoken and smiled friendly at them.

"Warmest greetings to you. I have heard your conversation and I wondered if you could tell me more about those missing?"

She asked and a man turned towards her, smiled as well, but his face stayed dark at the same time.

"Will you look for them?"

He asked eagerly and added without giving her a chance to reply.

"They lived close to the Undercity, same as me. One day, they were gone. Yesterday, maybe the day before."

He spread his hands ruefully and she took a moment to look him over. Alcohol. His liver already showed signs of his addiction, he had another year, maybe a bit more.

"How did they look like?"

She asked and he paused before describing them in a details. Amara nodded thankfully and then set her pinnate down, searched through it.

"Chew these. Stop drinking that much. It won't be long until your body will show the first signs."

He took the leaves, but looked at her with a strange glance. He wouldn't stop, and she had no possibility to help him over it. Maybe the leaves would help for a while and pull some of the toxins out of his body. With a last nod she turned around and returned to the others, telling them what he had told her.

"Thanks for waiting."

She told Jürgen and smiled at him again. He couldn't return to his home, same as she had no way to go back. If she was honest with herself, she was glad that he had agreed to come along. Travelling alone was lonely and dangerous, and maybe they could travel together for a while. Both Mutig and Algorath had a place to return to, but they hadn't. It would be nice to have some company, at least for a while. But then, right now there were more pressing matters at hand.

@Steel Inquisitive

@Chasmfiend#1

@Vargo Seldon

Edited by Sorana

Chadwick walked into the tavern and looked around for Lilia, he didn't see her anywhere so he walked up to someone,

"have you seen a girl that looks like there's a plant growing on her" Chadwick asked.

"yeah" they replied, "she went into the cellar" 

"thanks" 

Chadwick walked into the cellar, and saw Lilia and some other people looking at a bunch of circles and a wall. He walked up to Lillia and asked "what's with all the circles?"

@kenod @MacThorstenson @ZincAboutIt

Edited by Turtle373

12 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

He silently proceed to pack up his bag until nothing remained, except his coin lantern and the people in the basement.

"There we go, it's done." He said.

Liezl blew out a silent breath, eyes wide with wonder. "Well," she said, a little awestruck, "it seems that you've just earned your wagon a spot in my stables. A deal was a deal, after all. Whenever you wish to bring it round, just tell me and I'll have someone unhitch the gate."

@MacThorstenson

-------

Aldred noticed the wolf - one of the wolves, the one that seemed to be well-and-truly a wolf - padding down the stairs. He thought his name was Chadwell. No, Chadwick, that was it.

"We were just watching Liezl's cellar get waterproofed," he answered. He moved toward the staircase, motioning to Chadwick and Lilia to follow him. A slight tap on Liezl's shoulder caught her attention - she seemed a little dazed. Aldred understood. "Let's get back to the taproom, I've got a feeling the others will be back soon."

@Turtle373 @kenod

Algorath nodded when Amara wanted to ask for description.  It wouldn't help.  Algorath had seen the type of wounds that made that kind of blood.  Their own mother wouldn't be able to recognize them, and if they did, it would be too late anyway.  He was roused by his thoughts by Jürgen asking after his sense of smell.  Algorath looked at the man, offended, but then realized that there was no way that the man would know.  "Yes, my sense of smell is far above and beyond any normal human or ordinary beast on this planet.  Almost all of my physical attributes are.  Except for my looks."  He smiled ruefully. 

@Sorana

@Steel Inquisitive

@Chasmfiend#1

3 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Jürgen nodded. Walking up to the one Amara was talking to, he asked, "do you have anything that belongs to one of the missing?"

The man stiffened. See, not good with people. "I have his gloves." He replied suspiciously.

"Could I borrow them for a second?" 

He handed them over slowly and Jürgen extended them to Algorath. "If you could memorise this smell, it could give us an edge."

@Vargo SeldonSeldon @Sorana @Chasmfiend#1

"That's smart."

Amara looked at the gloves for a moment. They were simply, but they would do their job. She thought about the person who had worn them, who she would have been. Amara knew death, she had cared for people until their dying breath, but this, this was different.

"We need to stop this."

She said quietly.

"At least I need to."

@Vargo Seldon

@Steel Inquisitive

@Chasmfiend#1

1 minute ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

"We will." Jürgen said looking into her eyes. "I promise," he finished laying his hand on her shoulder.

@Sorana @Chasmfiend#1 @Vargo Seldon

Amara felt his hand on her shoulder and relaxed a bit. It was good to know, that she wasn't alone in this and she trusted him, which was even better. She smiled at him gratefully, looking into his eyes aswell.

"Thank you."

Looking at all of them she added:

"Back to the tavern once Algorath is finished, and then let's try to find out more? Maybe there are some similarities between those vanishing."

@Steel Inquisitive

@Chasmfiend#1

@Vargo Seldon

5 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Liezl blew out a silent breath, eyes wide with wonder. "Well," she said, a little awestruck, "it seems that you've just earned your wagon a spot in my stables. A deal was a deal, after all. Whenever you wish to bring it round, just tell me and I'll have someone unhitch the gate."

@MacThorstenson

-------

Aldred noticed the wolf - one of the wolves, the one that seemed to be well-and-truly a wolf - padding down the stairs. He thought his name was Chadwell. No, Chadwick, that was it.

"We were just watching Liezl's cellar get waterproofed," he answered. He moved toward the staircase, motioning to Chadwick and Lilia to follow him. A slight tap on Liezl's shoulder caught her attention - she seemed a little dazed. Aldred understood. "Let's get back to the taproom, I've got a feeling the others will be back soon."

@Turtle373 @kenod

Lilia was examining the wall when the rest decided to go back upstairs. Unfolding one of her vines, she tapped it, feeling it's new structure. At that point she noticed that the others were gone, and hurried back upstairs.

5 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

@MacThorstenson

-------

@Turtle373 @kenod

"how did those circles water proof the cellar?" Chadwick asked Aldred as they walked up the stairs

2 hours ago, Turtle373 said:

"how did those circles water proof the cellar?" Chadwick asked Aldred as they walked up the stairs

Good question, Aldred thought, running a hand through his hair. It needed a good cut.

"The mage took a piece of the soul of a waterskin and put it into the cellar," he told Chadwick. "The part that makes a waterskin hold water. Now, that part lives in Liezl's cellar. It will keep water out. The circles made the spell work."

Very elegant, Sayer. Aldred felt a bit of heat rise into his cheeks. He wasn't used to not having all the answers.

Thorstein muttered "Myrkur," and the coin lanter slowed down until it eventually stopped. He pulled the now dark coin out of the lantern, tucked it into his pocket, then grabbed the lantern and brought it upstairs as the sayer tried to explain the Ritual Magic.

It was a gross oversimplification, but it got the general point across. 

He brushed by them on the stairs and mentioned to Liezle that he was going to put his stuff in the wagon and move the wagon to the stable.

3 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Good question, Aldred thought, running a hand through his hair. It needed a good cut.

"The mage took a piece of the soul of a waterskin and put it into the cellar," he told Chadwick. "The part that makes a waterskin hold water. Now, that part lives in Liezl's cellar. It will keep water out. The circles made the spell work."

Very elegant, Sayer. Aldred felt a bit of heat rise into his cheeks. He wasn't used to not having all the answers.

"Waterskins have a soul? Also, do I have a Soul?" Chadwick asked

how do circles move souls around, and can that guy do it to me?

Chadwick watched the circle guy warily as he passed him on the stairs

13 hours ago, Turtle373 said:

"Waterskins have a soul? Also, do I have a Soul?" Chadwick asked

how do circles move souls around, and can that guy do it to me?

Chadwick watched the circle guy warily as he passed him on the stairs

Aldred looked at  Chadwick, surprised at the question. A low thrum pulsed out from the wolf, betraying his Natural magic. Aldred shrugged.

"You're asking some awfully deep questions so early in the morning," he said. "But yes, I'd say so. Ask me again this evening after I've had a few pints - I'm sure we could have quite the rousing debate about it."

He very nearly pat Chadwick on the head automatically, then stopped himself, hand hovering awkwardly above the wolf's head. "Er... can I, uh... pat you? Or do you prefer to shake?" 

22 hours ago, Sorana said:

Looking at all of them she added:

"Back to the tavern once Algorath is finished, and then let's try to find out more? Maybe there are some similarities between those vanishing."

@Steel Inquisitive

@Chasmfiend#1

@Vargo Seldon

Mutig rolled his shoulders. is that tar still there? He looked at Amara and Jügen.

"Right, I will meet you there, secure a place for us and insure no one's taken that honey drink." Mutig said, glancing at Algorath, "You sure you can get the scent before breakfast? Or should I plan for next week?"

@Sorana

@Steel Inquisitive

@Vargo Seldon

6 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Aldred looked at  Chadwick, surprised at the question. A low thrum pulsed out from the wolf, betraying his Natural magic. Aldred shrugged.

"You're asking some awfully deep questions so early in the morning," he said. "But yes, I'd say so. Ask me again this evening after I've had a few pints - I'm sure we could have quite the rousing debate about it."

He very nearly pat Chadwick on the head automatically, then stopped himself, hand hovering awkwardly above the wolf's head. "Er... can I, uh... pat you? Or do you prefer to shake?" 

Cool, I have a soul

Aldred moved to pet him then stopped, "I don't mind if you pet me, but if you're going to can you get under my chin, it's impossible to itch." Chadwick replied

9 minutes ago, Turtle373 said:

"I don't mind if you pet me, but if you're going to can you get under my chin, it's impossible to itch." Chadwick replied

Aldred chuckled, then knelt down and scratched under the wolf's chin. When done, he continued up the stairs, calling back down to Chadwick.

"Did you get any breakfast? Liezl's likely helping the mage with his wagon, but I'm sure I could find you something in the back. Well, that is, if you like fish."  

Edited by ZincAboutIt

On 3/28/2019 at 3:47 PM, Steel Inquisitive said:

Jürgen nodded. Walking up to the one Amara was talking to, he asked, "do you have anything that belongs to one of the missing?"

The man stiffened. See, not good with people. "I have his gloves." He replied suspiciously.

"Could I borrow them for a second?" 

He handed them over slowly and Jürgen extended them to Algorath. "If you could memorise this smell, it could give us an edge."

@Vargo SeldonSeldon @Sorana @Chasmfiend#1

Looks like the power of the Seldon affected your tag :P.  Happens all the time.

Algorath took the gloves, but instead of sniffing them, looked Jürgen in the eye.  "I'm not your bloodhound.  I do not follow your orders, and I will do this only because I want to, not because of what you want."  He then took it, sniffed, and nodded, as if committing the scent to his memory.  He addressed the rest of the group, "I caught a scent of this in the slums––" the man who had the victim's gloves cut him off, 

"I'm sorry animal, but Dorren wasn't one of them.  He lived up here with the normal pe––"

Algorath silenced him with a growl.  "Don't call me animal.  I'm an Apex far superior to you.  I'm not saying that your Dorren went there on purpose.  He may have gotten turned around, or went there for a quick errand.  The point is, whatever's been taking people had him when he went to the slums.  It's obviously either to scared to come out to the city proper, or is confined there, or just want's to remain hidden.  Whatever the reason, it's and advantage.  We have a haven where it doesn't want to go, so we can take it."

@Sorana

@Steel Inquisitive

@Chasmfiend#1

20 minutes ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Algorath took the gloves, but instead of sniffing them, looked Jürgen in the eye.  "I'm not your bloodhound.  I do not follow your orders, and I will do this only because I want to, not because of what you want."  He then took it, sniffed, and nodded, as if committing the scent to his memory.  He addressed the rest of the group, "I caught a scent of this in the slums––" the man who had the victim's gloves cut him off, 

"I'm sorry animal, but Dorren wasn't one of them.  He lived up here with the normal pe––"

Algorath silenced him with a growl.  "Don't call me animal.  I'm an Apex far superior to you.  I'm not saying that your Dorren went there on purpose.  He may have gotten turned around, or went there for a quick errand.  The point is, whatever's been taking people had him when he went to the slums.  It's obviously either to scared to come out to the city proper, or is confined there, or just want's to remain hidden.  Whatever the reason, it's and advantage.  We have a haven where it doesn't want to go, so we can take it."

@Sorana

@Steel Inquisitive

@Chasmfiend#1

Jürgen laughed. "Do you mean to say it would be more helpful if I had a bloodhound instead of you here?" Jürgen's smile vanished when he heard Algorath's speech to the man.

Jürgen stepped up to him, nose to nose. "You. Are. Not. Superior. To. Anyone." He said in a quiet voice, as soft as a breeze, but with the force of a hurricane. He pronounced each word separately, intimately.

@Sorana @Chasmfiend#1 @Vargo Seldon

18 minutes ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

Jürgen laughed. "Do you mean to say it would be more helpful if I had a bloodhound instead of you here?" Jürgen's smile vanished when he heard Algorath's speech to the man.

Jürgen stepped up to him, nose to nose. "You. Are. Not. Superior. To. Anyone." He said in a quiet voice, as soft as a breeze, but with the force of a hurricane. He pronounced each word separately, intimately.

Janim is board. Janim comes to interfere.

At the barest hint of a possible confrontation inside the building, Janim hopped up from the feigned doze, becoming a sniffer hound and padding inside to hopefully head off a confrontation. "Did I hear you needed a bloodhound?" they asked.

Edited by Godhunter