Costco March 16, 2019 [Orem, UT]

OrangeJedi

56 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

That's not a lot of advance warning.

Brandon's site says it's for those with a Costco membership only. So if anyone was thinking about signing up, this is your chance to get your WoBs in bulk.

Lol

I should be there, if I remember.

Some facts about Costco memberships:

Some warehouses allow you to enter with guest pass to browse and not purchase. Someone can call the warehouse and verify if this is the case. 

Costco also allows you to get a full refund on your membership for any reason at any time. If you want to just sign up for a card beforehand then cancel it on your way out, you can do this.

Remember to pick your WoBs carefully and to have them prepped ahead of time.   Actually does someone want to make a thread for WoB vetting to make sure that the answers are something he is likely to talk about (not get RAFOed) and can't be answered just by general book knowledge?  Does a thread like that already exist?

1 minute ago, Karger said:

Remember to pick your WoBs carefully and to have them prepped ahead of time.   Actually does someone want to make a thread for WoB vetting to make sure that the answers are something he is likely to talk about (not get RAFOed) and can't be answered just by general book knowledge?  Does a thread like that already exist?

We often do them in the signing thread, too, because the big WoB thread is pretty bulky

7 hours ago, SandersonFanderson said:

I'm going! I'm not busy that day so I can make the hour long drive to Orem. And can someone explain WoB to me?

Any time Brandon says anything about the Cosmere (or his other works), for example, at a signing, it is recorded, transcribed, and uploaded to Arcanum.  We refer to these statements as Words of Brandon, or WoBs.  

My WoBs from this event:

Q: You've said before that Hoid has had many love interests over the ages.  So does that mean he has a bunch of distant descendants running around the Cosmere?

A: RAFO

Q: Well that kind of makes my follow-up pointless, then.

A: Yeah.

(The follow-up was going to be "Is Kaladin one of them?"  It's a personal theory of mine.)

Q: How many worlds of the Cosmere has Nightblood visited, by which I specifically mean, being present in the Physical Realm in that world.

A: More than two.

Q: ...seriously? *trying to sort of stare him down to get a less vague response*

A: *he just grins and nods*

Q: How many shots would it take for Wax using his gunnery to break a section of Shardplate?

A: *going into full equivocation mode* Well, it would depend on what gun he was using...

Q: His usual.

A: With Vindication?  Well, hmm, it would depend on what sort of ammo he was using, he's got different kinds you know, but... probably 2 or 3.  He might even be able to do it in one shot with the right sort of ammo.

So that's what I got.  Enjoy!

Edited by Mason Wheeler

Also, we were talking with a guy from Dragonsteel while in line, and he confirmed that a Warbreaker leatherbound is in production.  I know we all sort of figured it would be since this year is the 10-year anniversary of its publication, but this is the first time I've heard anyone actually authoritatively say so.

My questions (these are all paraphrased )

Q: Could you create a nuclear bomb using division?

A: Not division, but it is possible with another cosmere magic

Q:What would happen if Nightblood was swung at a good compounder?

Q:Would Nightblood view Nale as evil?

A: No

Q: Does Hoid’s Lightweaving produce light?

A:*after a very long pause* Hoid has several different kinds of Lightweaving

Q: Yolish Lightweaving specifically

A: Yolish Lightweaving creates light

Q: Would a primate be turned into a Koloss if the spikes were placed in the correct bindpoints?

A: There would be changes, but the result wouldn’t be what you know as a Koloss

Q: Would they still lose intelligence or gain it?

A: It could be done either way

Q: Is Allomancy recessive or dominant?

A: Spiritual DNA doesn’t necessarily work that way.

Q: Does an Allomancer’s Lineage play a factor in which misting they are?

A: It usually does not.

Q: Could an twinborn with Feruchemical Zinc and allomantic atium beat an atium misting in a fight because of their enhanced mental capacity?

Q: Could an analog computer be made using Fabrials?

A: Yes

Q: Are light eyes or dark eyes dominant?

A: It’s complicated

Q: And how do mixes work?

A: They’re usually expresses as heterochromatic children.

Have fun with them!

My WoBs

Q: You've mentioned Aluminum Savants being able to heal their spiritweb in the past. This would essentially "heal" them of Allomancy. Could a Chromium Savant do the same to others?

A: RAFO! But I will say you're theorizing in the right direction.

Q: Have we seen Voidbinding in action?

A:RAFO

Q: According to the Hemalurgy table, Chromium spikes "might steal destiny". Is this Fortune, or is Destiny a new phenomena?

Q: So if I understand it correctly, Hoid already has his Cryptic by the time of era 2.

A: yes

Continued: have we seen him using his new lightweaving in action? Has he spoken his 5th truth?

A: basically boiled down to yes we've seen him use lightweaving and RAFO to whether or not he's spoken his 5th truth.

So I got quite a few RAFO's^_^

On 3/17/2019 at 4:40 PM, Pagerunner said:

The audio is all up and ready to be transcribed in Arcanum. I'll drop the link again, why not: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/385-orem-signing/

So, quick Arcanum question, How do I enter a new questioner name on mobile? Trying to take care of my questions, and it's not letting me add myself as the questioner.

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

So, quick Arcanum question, How do I enter a new questioner name on mobile? Trying to take care of my questions, and it's not letting me add myself as the questioner.

Are you signed in? You have to create an account, if you haven't already - it doesn't share a user database with either the forums or the wiki.