The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

we are working on a menu have no idea on how to make a menu

would you like some cookie stew?

if you look at the bar where the bold, underline... stuff are, there is a thing that looks like quotation marks, that makes a quote box

Edited by AonDii

Dapper nodded to Narrator Dapper, who had just come in. The two had a similar look to them, but Barkeep Dapper had a more jolly look about him. His sideburns were untrimmed, and while he was tall, he was also heavyset, having a bit more fat than muscle. His tophat leaned jauntily to the side as he poured a drink. Narrator Dapper on the other hand... He looked as if he could bench press a road roller without breaking a sweat. His sideburns were so neat you could use them as a straightedge and his tophat sat neatly on his head. 

"Ah." Narrator Dapper said, "I'll have the drink with the largest content of alcohol."

Barkeep Dapper nodded, hand Narrator Dapper the bottle of white. Natrrator Dapper took a swig, then handed it back to Barkeep Dapper, who did the same. The two continued to pass the bottle back and forth in companionable silence.

@Shard of Thought, you have been here exactly 100 days as of today. In that time, you have posted 2,502 posts, gotten 572 upvotes, and won 3 days.

I have been here for 487 days as of today*. In that time, I have posted 1,442 posts, gotten 169 upvotes, and won 0 days.

*remind me on April 25 to celebrate my Rosharan Shardiversary, would you? Thanks.

Lunamor looked at the new customer. He was happy- his poor little establishment desperately needed more customers. He walked over to Star. 

“Apologies for the long wait, I have no idea where my waiter went. If you would follow me, I will lead you to your table.”

@Shard of Thought

Edited by Lunamor

I was literally just talking to @Little Bear about my long wait. :D

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor looked at the new customer. He was happy- his poor little establishment desperately needed more customers. He walked over to Star. 

“Apologies for the long wait, I have no idea where my waiter went. If you would follow me, I will lead you to your table.”

@Shard of Thought

Star sighed. "Thank you."

Star looked around. The woman at the bar looked familiar, though she couldn't place why. She stood up, folding her arms against the bar. "Hey, can I get a drink?" The woman smiled.

"Sure thing, sugar. What brings you here?"

"A lot of things. I could rant all day." Zeoy pulled a cup from underneath the counter. 

"Do you want anything in particular?" she asked, gesturing at the cup. Star shook her head and the barista brightened. She liked to experiment. "Well, I know the feeling. I've heard it all, and this place is new. I guess I just love people."  Zeoy turned, picking out a few bottles. 

"So, Zeoy, how long have you been mixing drinks?" Star asked.

"Oh, I'm not sure," she replied, pouring some red liquid into the glass so it was half filled. "Wait, I don't recall telling you my name. I'm not picking up a reputation, am I?" Star blushed. What was her Connection to this woman? 

"No, I just... heard it from people around here. You're good at what you do, apparently."

"Ah, good. I aim to please." Zeoy put a few drops from a small vial into the cup. A small flame flickered to life but the moment she poured a yellow liquid into it, it was smothered, smoke rising from the cup. Zeoy blew on it and stirred it with a small spoon from her pocket. She sprinkled something on it and pushed it toward Star. "Here you go. I'm always here if you want to rant." She winked and Star thanked her, walking back to her table. The drink was thicker than she expected. Like a smoothie. It tasted somewhat fruity but had a surprising kick and an odd aftertaste. It was really good. 

Hi, I'd like to order an investiture salad with gluten free spikes, and a side of twenty carat sapphires. Do you serve any Hoid free options? No? Then could I have um... how would you rank your one thousand breath shakes? hmm... I'll settle for a bridgeman stew, I guess. But I'm allergic to Dunny, so leave him out of it.*

*I am sorry, that was a really REALLY mean joke, but it had to be said.

Lunamor walked back out of the kitchen carrying a large bowl of stew. He set it down in front of Star.

”Enjoy your meal!”

45 minutes ago, ShardShaper said:

Hi, I'd like to order an investiture salad with gluten free spikes, and a side of twenty carat sapphires. Do you serve any Hoid free options? No? Then could I have um... how would you rank your one thousand breath shakes? hmm... I'll settle for a bridgeman stew, I guess. But I'm allergic to Dunny, so leave him out of it.*

*I am sorry, that was a really REALLY mean joke, but it had to be said.

Lunamor glared at the new customer. His joke was cruel. 

“Fine, I will get you stew.”

He walked back into the kitchen.