Ink

6 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Alex staggers, still disoriented from the Apparition. "Um, ok, but you're explaining how to do that later"

"When you're ready." And with that Iris apparates and is gone.

4 hours ago, BringerofShadows said:

"Cosette Tenebris...Iris sent me." She replies. 

"Ah. She told me to be expecting you." Theres the sound of a couple locks being undone, then the door creels open. Standing there is a large man, that at one time was muscular, but that has mostly faded. He steps aside to let her in, revealing a poorly lit hallway with a staircase on the far end. "She said to tell you to wait in the living room, it's too the left." He motions to a open doorway.

8 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

He shakes her hand firmly. "I'm Jarias, son of Ares and I have a weak spot for... er... uh, say, I think I noticed your garden once when I was out near there. Um, I think it looked quite nice."
He taps the hilt of his sword nervously.

Zoe tilted her head to the side. She doubted that he really remembered her garden, but it wasn't that important. He was nervous, and that was a bad sign. A nervous child of Ares usually meant that war and destruction were imminent. Uneasily she looked around, the train eerily quiet. Whatever she'd expected of this mission, it certainly hadn't involved anything about a moving train and a fight with people running around, slamming doors open. Maybe even on the roof? She shook her head when her imagination started to create a movie like scene. This was no movie. There was no way she would start climbing on the roof of a moving train. Never, ever.

"Is something wrong?" she asked instead. "Is there something I should know?"

Edited by Sorana

12 hours ago, Blessing of Potency said:

"When you're ready." And with that Iris apparates and is gone.

"Ah. She told me to be expecting you." Theres the sound of a couple locks being undone, then the door creels open. Standing there is a large man, that at one time was muscular, but that has mostly faded. He steps aside to let her in, revealing a poorly lit hallway with a staircase on the far end. "She said to tell you to wait in the living room, it's too the left." He motions to a open doorway.

Cosette walks in and heads to the living room, keeping a wary eye on the man. She keeps one hand in her pocket, in case she needs to draw out her switchblade. 

2 minutes ago, turtle said:

Ayrania heard people talking in the seats across from her, though the door was closed. Maybe she should try to get to know people. She stood up, walking over and knocking on the door.

"Come in."

Zoe called out, slightly annoyed by the interruption. Now the boy wouldn't reply, had an excuse not to. She shot him a look, tried to ask him whether that was the danger or not.

"It's open." she added, slightly worried by the fact, that it was true. If whoever entered meant them harm, then they most likely would - she had no idea what they might do. How could she. She knew about growing fruit and vegetables, not about planning a larger defense. Still she moved her handbag to the seat next to hers and forced a smile on her face. Maybe they could talk first and she could distract them, while Ares's came up with something, anything that might work. Or maybe they were completely harmless, simply someone else from the camp who had been sent on this mission.

She looked over the posture of the boy again, the nervousness, how he fiddled with his weapon. Why was he nervous? Had she herself given him any reason to believe she was someoneelse? That she was trying to spy on him, to intrude - Zoe nearly laughed at her own thoughts. My, the boy was getting under her skin. Who should attack them on a magical train somewhere that looked like the end of the world? She was seeing phantoms, ghosts, her imagination running wild. The boy was nervous and she was nervous, be expecting an attack from someone who was polite enoug to knock, was definitely the wrong thing.

@AmazingGoob

6 minutes ago, turtle said:

"Hi, sorry." Ayrania said, opening the door and walking in. "I'm Ayra, demigod and person who has no idea where she is. You guys are?"

@Sorana @AmazingGoob

Jarias seems relieved at the arrival of the newcomer- three-way awkwardness was far better than one-on-one awkwardness. 
"Oh, um, hi. I'm Jarias, son of Ares. I'm pretty sure none of us know where we are."

38 minutes ago, BringerofShadows said:

Cosette walks in and heads to the living room, keeping a wary eye on the man. She keeps one hand in her pocket, in case she needs to draw out her switchblade. 

Once Cosette had enter Hasel closes and relocks the door. He checks the locks again, then heads up the stairs. He barely gives Cosette a glance the whole time. The living room looks like it's barely been touched, theres a thing layer of dust over most of the the furniture. Theres a small couch on one wall and two chairs on the other, a wooden coffee table is placed in the middle, it's all very simple.

Just now, turtle said:

"makes sense. We're somewhere in England though, right? 

@AmazingGoob @Sorana

"Yeah, I think so. We might of crossed into Scotland, however."

I'll keep that in mind. 
Is there anyone in charge of random monster encounters? It wouldn't be a Percyverse anything without a monster encounter or two.

"I think so?" Zoe nodded, although she wasn't really sure about it. "Somewhere on the island at least, Scotland, England, something like that." she grinned to take the edge out of her words, hoped that nobody was listening who might be annoyed by her non existing knowledge. You never knew with patriots. But then they seemed to be alone for now.

"Do you want to sit down?" she asked the girl while moving her bag closer to her leg. Jarias seemed to be relieved that they weren't alone anymore, so it had been her who made him uncomfortable. Her grin vanished and she looked down at her feet. Awesome job Zoe. She told herself bitterly. She really had screwed that introduction up.

I have no idea, but I wouldn't mind a monster. Not that Zoe can do something about that, but she's awesome at improvising.

@turtle

@AmazingGoob

Edited by Sorana

3 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Yeah, I think so. We might of crossed into Scotland, however."

"Cool. Where are you guys from? I'm from New York." Ayra sat down, looking at the window and the blur of trees beyond.

I bet we could get @Channelknight Fadran to roleplay a monster. I think we do need one and ninja'd by sorana!

Edited by turtle

13 minutes ago, turtle said:

"Cool. Where are you guys from? I'm from New York." Ayra sat down, looking at the window and the blur of trees beyond.

8 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"I'm from Maine. What about you, Zoe?"

"Philadelphia." Zoe tried to recall where Maine was. New York she knew, that was only a few hours north, but Maine was definitely farther away. She tried to hide the fact that she wasn't entirely sure where Maine was and tried to come up with some way to change the subject.

"Have you ever been to europe before?" she inquired and looked outside again. "They have some very interesting sheep around here. They deal very well with the steep landscape - and did you see the cattle? Their brown, long fur to withstand rain and the winter? Incredible. I really should travel more often, I think we can learn so much if we only keep our eyes open, and try to see what it somewhere else, how we can maybe use it at home."

"If my dad agrees, maybe I can get a few of these sheep, or maybe I'll ask at summer camp. Then I can finally try out how it is to make my own thread and then maybe even weave a blanket or something like that. Just imagine -"

She fell silent realized that none of the other two would be interested in sheep or cattle. "Yeah, I've never been here before." she finished awkwardly and looked down at her feet again her earlier excitement completely forgotten.

Don't worry about not being here. I'll head to bed in a few hours anyway ;)  It's awesome when you manage to be online at the same time, but I'm perfectly fine to wait a bit between posts, to give everybody a chance to keep up with what's going on, especially when it comes to larger things like monsters ^_^

Edited by Sorana

27 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Once Cosette had enter Hasel closes and relocks the door. He checks the locks again, then heads up the stairs. He barely gives Cosette a glance the whole time. The living room looks like it's barely been touched, theres a thing layer of dust over most of the the furniture. Theres a small couch on one wall and two chairs on the other, a wooden coffee table is placed in the middle, it's all very simple.

Cosette hears Hasel, presumably, head up the stairs. Looking at the plain room, she sits at the couch, waiting for most likely Iris. Pulling out her switchblade, she flicked the blade in out impatiently, and Noodles watches with boredom. 

Edited by BringerofShadows

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

She fell silent realized that none of the other two would be interested in sheep or cattle. "Yeah, I've never been here before." she finished awkwardly and looked down at her feet again her earlier excitement completely forgotten.

With a look of incredulity, he asks "I doubt any of us have been here- the old world is supposed to be exceedingly dangerous for demigods. At least, the Mediterranean is. I'm not sure about England, though."

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

With a look of incredulity, he asks "I doubt any of us have been here- the old world is supposed to be exceedingly dangerous for demigods. At least, the Mediterranean is. I'm not sure about England, though."

Zoe fell silent again, tapped her foot against the floor. Yep, she'd done it again. She knew, she knew that it was wrong to talk about the interesting things. And she never learned it. She never, ever learned that lesson. And he was right. The old world was dangerous, but he was a son of Ares. He would be able to deal with it. It was what he knew, what he had trained. He was useful. She bit down on her lower lip, unsure what else to say. She had hoped that maybe they could speculate, or comment on this place together, just find something that connected them.

"Yeah, sure." she said vaguely after a while, trying to avoid being impolite while having no idea at all how to go on. She felt like a child being scolded by a parent. Was it wrong to be excited about sheep, only because someone had said, that this place was dangerous? None of them had tried to eat her, sheep were just that, sheep. Worldlessly she tapped her foot against the floor again, at a loss for words or another topic of conversation.

Just now, Sorana said:

"Yeah, sure." she said vaguely after a while, trying to avoid being impolite while having no idea at all how to go on. She felt like a child being scolded by a parent. Was it wrong to be excited about sheep, only because someone had said, that this place was dangerous? None of them had tried to eat her, sheep were just that, sheep. Worldlessly she tapped her foot against the floor again, at a loss for words or another topic of conversation.

Oh dear.
After a couple more moments, he says 
"I'm sorry. That was rude of me."
Why did he mess everything up This girl seemed nice- and now he had practically insulted her intelligence. Why couldn't he be like a normal child of Ares, dunking people's head into toilets and being enormous jerks? At least they could hold a conversation without accidentally insulting someone.

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

Oh dear.
After a couple more moments, he says 
"I'm sorry. That was rude of me."
Why did he mess everything up This girl seemed nice- and now he had practically insulted her intelligence. Why couldn't he be like a normal child of Ares, dunking people's head into toilets and being enormous jerks? At least they could hold a conversation without accidentally insulting someone.

"It's fine." she replied out of habit, accepted his apology with a slight shrug and a smile. It's fine. It was what you said when someone trampled over your tomatoes, because they had been training. It was fine when they decided to use your pumpkins to train hitting target and - she grit her teeth and looked up at him, surprised by the fact that he seemed to be earnest. He meant his apology exactly the way he had phrased it.

"I'm sorry. I tend to get carried away topics nobody else is interested in." she spread her hands a little. "Most at the camp have just one goal, to fight and to fight and to fight. I never quite understood why I should go there in the first place. It's not like I can contribute to that part."

She forced herself to relax a little and lean back in her seat more comfortably. She had tried to make a good impression and had failed. She wanted for him to think that she was useful, a worthy addition to their team, although now with Ayra here- she'd never mentioned whose child she was but Zoe wouldn't pry, wouldn't question her decision to keep that secret for the moment. They didn't know each other. They could talk about that later.

"I'm just- " she started, fell silent again, at a loss how to phrase her thoughts and give words to her feelings. "I just want to help, but I honestly have no idea why I'm even here." she finally stated with an embarressed laugh. "It's not like we're supposed to judge some fields or plants, and I'm scared, scared by the tales of this place and whatever monster we might meet and -"

She pointedly looked down at his weapon. "Do you have a reason to think we'll be attacked?" she repeated her earlier question. "Because I have no idea what to do should it come to that." It was a lot more than she had planned to say, but it was true, every single word of it was true and if pretending, if trying to be cool didn't work, then maybe, maybe the truth would. Or he would get up and leave her sitting here. But then at least, then at least she would know what she was facing, what kind of expectation he had. He was a son of Ares after all. And there was a reason why there weren't a ton of story with both Ares and Demeter at their center.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

She pointedly looked down at his weapon. "Do you have a reason to think we'll be attacked?" she repeated her earlier question. "Because I have no idea what to do should it come to that." It was a lot more than she had planned to say, but it was true, every single word of it was true and if pretending, if trying to be cool didn't work, then maybe, maybe the truth would. Or he would get up and leave her sitting here. But then at least, then at least she would know what she was facing, what kind of expectation he had. He was a son of Ares after all. And there was a reason why there weren't a ton of story with both Ares and Demeter at their center.

"Not anything specific. This whole thing just makes me nervous. What do you think of this wizard stuff?"

Edited by AmazingGoob

52 minutes ago, BringerofShadows said:

Cosette hears Hasel, presumably, head up the stairs. Looking at the plain room, she sits at the couch, waiting for most likely Iris. Pulling out her switchblade, she flicked the blade in out impatiently, and Noodles watches with boredom. 

After a few minutes there is the sound of someone apparating, then Iris steps into the living room. "You're ability to travel quickly will be very useful." Iris sits down in one of the chairs across from her.

8 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Not anything specific. This whole thing just makes me nervous. What do you think of this wizard thing?"

"I don't know. In my head they are just like some of us with powers, spells if you want to call it that way. I didn't meet one of them so far, so I have trouble to place them."

Pensively she chewed on her lip again. He was nervous, just as she was. Somehow the thought was calming, relaxing even. He was no arrogant brat who liked to establish his leadership. He was nervous. She smiled at him again, a real smile this time, not one she had to force on her face.

"I'm going to assume the worst and hope for the best and see where that lead me. They are probably strong, very capable, maybe even more than we are." And maybe they were the reason, or at least one of the reasons why this place was supposed to be so dangerous. The thought chilled her and she was suddenly glad that she wasn't alone. There were worse things than a cute boy who knew how to fight monsters.

35 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"I don't know. In my head they are just like some of us with powers, spells if you want to call it that way. I didn't meet one of them so far, so I have trouble to place them."

Pensively she chewed on her lip again. He was nervous, just as she was. Somehow the thought was calming, relaxing even. He was no arrogant brat who liked to establish his leadership. He was nervous. She smiled at him again, a real smile this time, not one she had to force on her face.

"I'm going to assume the worst and hope for the best and see where that lead me. They are probably strong, very capable, maybe even more than we are." And maybe they were the reason, or at least one of the reasons why this place was supposed to be so dangerous. The thought chilled her and she was suddenly glad that she wasn't alone. There were worse things than a cute boy who knew how to fight monsters.

"I uhh.. kinda studied the wizards." Ayra bit her lip. She'd decided if she wanted to fight one of them she should know about them. She. knew a lot about them and about dark magic, a sort of bad guy vision of wizards. 

53 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"If that's the case, it's a good thing we're going to go help them. That'll get us on their good side."
He relaxes a little at this comforting thought.

Edited by AmazingGoob