13 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

No I didn't!

Or at least, I only told it to people I thought could help you.

If Axolotl is Hoid, that is scary, as Hoid is a role that we have NO information about.

Violet Axolotl.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about this. I mean, we have no information about your role or win-con either (though it seems to involve you not dying to the lynch), but that doesn't mean I suggest we lynch you. I think we know at the very least that Axolotl can track the movements of Shards up to a certain degree because of their statement regarding Yolen.

2 hours ago, Magenta Albatross said:

I'd like to highlight this. It implicitly confirms that Khriss was not working alone, as here win-con has not been revealed. It seems her role is also tied to her faction, given that they where given the same colors. So, let's do some baseless speculation!

Khriss is the figure-head of a faction, so presumably that faction is doing something in line with Khriss' goals. Looking at the past 2 Shard games, Khriss has been opposed to Hoid's goals both times (though I believe in LG29 she was just an RP role, rather than an in-game role), so it would stand to reason that that's the case in this game as well. in the previous shard-game her overall goal was to lock down all Shardic power by having them invest in planets. on the other hand, Hoid's goal has usually been to gatehr all the shards and reforge Adonalsium.

Anyway, let's go back to speculating. I believe the current guess at the number of factions was 7 (that's what the analysis table in my doc says anyway). There's 10 Shards, so if I had to guess there's 5 Shardic factions with 2 shards each, and then the Hoid and Khriss factions. Alternatively there's 4 shardic factions, and both the Hoid and Khriss faction get 1 shard.

Anyway, I'd guess that in this game Khriss' faction might have been tasked with wiping out Hoid's faction, while Hoid's faction is tasked with somehow gathering all the shards.

@Violet Axolotl, can you tell me how close my guesses are? So far you're the only one that has explicitly shown themselves to posses some very odd powers, so if I had to guess who Hoid was, it'd be you.

They sound pretty close to what Hoid and Khriss did in other games. I haven’t played all these shard games so I’m not sure. I wish I was Hoid, that’d be some fun roleplay

"You know, you can stop dying now. I've never done this for anyone before, returning them twice, much less someone not from Nalthis. But, the spiritual realm shows me that you are needed. So I reached across the cosmere, and have brought you back once again. But I will not, I cannot do this a third time. To do so would interfere too much with your spiritual aspect, and who you are would be lost forever."
Steel woke up, a new divine breath within. The old one was gone. Surprisingly, he still remembered everything. But he also understood some new things from his time in the cognitive realm, and from his glimpse into the spiritual when he had been returned. Phlo also seemed to have been brought back. Clearly, Endowment had plans for him. 
He wore no steel, having flung it all away in his final moment of panic. So, he walked, getting used to being alive again. Phlo was silent, a crystalline vine trailing on the ground beside him. 
"Before I died, the old lady said something odd to me. Something about my spiritual aspect becoming the ideal of speed. Do you know anything about that, Phlo?"
Phlo kept winding, but spoke after a moment. "When I was first attracted to you, you were something truly unique. A steel compounder, come to Roshar. One fit to be an Edgedancer. Your extreme use of feruchemical speed warped your spirit web, making it more like that trait that you constantly use. But after our years of bonding, that's become even more evident. The spiritual ideal of things... you're faster than you should be, mathematically. As strong as compounding is, you still shouldn't be able to achieve such speeds when combined with abrasion. You've heard of resonances, I assume. They result when two powers, two different shapes of spirit webs, they overlay and create something entirely new. And that is what has happened between the surge of abrasion and your feruchemical speed. It has become something new. I wasn't aware of it before, but once the lady pointed it out, I was able to see it within you. What you have, is what I think that man wants. True speed, motion incarnate."
Steel thought to himself. "Huh. Then why did he kill me?" 
Just then, the pair arrived in one of the outer cities of Elantris. People gawked at Steel's newly returned physique, and he flexed for them. Now, he needed allomantically viable steel. Question was, how was he going to get that?

Yeah, I'm back. No idea why I've been returned (again LOL), or really what's going on, but I would like to mention one thing I'm kind of angry about. Whoever killed Opal Lion, freaking stole Odium from my faction. Thankfully, our win condition wasn't the "murder every shard" one, but I'm a bit angry. Be aware, person (my guess is Hoid), I'll be hunting you. Soon as I finish my RP before I die. Or before the game ends. I'd like to pull it off this time, please and thank you. 

1 hour ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Not only has Iguana been in contact with Khriss, he’s also shamelessly lied to my face in a PM, and is clearly planning something devious that relies on spreading misinformation. I’m a little more annoyed at the dishonesty, though, and believe he should be lynched for it. 

I have a few questions. How is being in contact with Khriss bad, when the general feeling I'm getting is Kriss is a generally good player (not out to kill everyone)?

Also, are you able to explain what Iguana lied to you about? What kind of misinformation are they spreading?

I'm hesitant to take sides right now because this is SE. Whenever anyone talks to someone outside their faction, it will rarely be the whole truth. I also have no reason at this point to believe either you or Iguana over the other, so the more you can explain, the more voting for them will make sense.

4 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

I have a few questions. How is being in contact with Khriss bad, when the general feeling I'm getting is Kriss is a generally good player (not out to kill everyone)?

Also, are you able to explain what Iguana lied to you about? What kind of misinformation are they spreading?

I'm hesitant to take sides right now because this is SE. Whenever anyone talks to someone outside their faction, it will rarely be the whole truth. I also have no reason at this point to believe either you or Iguana over the other, so the more you can explain, the more voting for them will make sense.

The problem with being in contact with Khriss is that Khriss died. Meerkat rarely posted much, so unless there were PMs they had with others, Iguana was one of the only ones to know who she was and thus, I believe, influenced her death. 

9 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Khriss is a presumably hostile unknown, so contact with them would convey apparently nefarious intent. 

I asked Iguana for information about Khriss’ faction, even giving some in return, and he supplied it and much more than asked for, for which I was initially grateful; however, as part of the information concerned somebody in my world doc, I asked them about it and they said the info was blatantly false, and one other player supported their statement. This calls the other information they supposedly had to share about Khriss’ faction into question, and sheds a generally poor light on their honesty regardless. 

Rainbow theory secured! I think, I mean, it could just be weird luck. A fact is better than a guess and we know that Iguana has been in contact with the "Khriss" and have no ideas about his intentions. We can spend all day trying to find out who Hoid is, but even if it is Axolotl there's no point in attempting to lynch them. At this point in time, we can assume that Hoid has allies and has a backup plan if people try to lynch him, same as Weasel. So let's try to get the most info we can for a majority of the factions, since this isn't normal mafia SE.

In the world doc I had with Iguana, they said they had information that someone was trying to kill someone who's role Iguana knew, but refused to reveal which person/role that was until after Khriss died. Though it's possibly an IKYK situation, it would have been pretty risky to admit knowledge of someone's role if you planned to kill them.

While Iguana still likely is in contact with Khriss, it appears that what I believed to be a lie was simply a miscommunication that caused Iguana to mix up two players. As such, with no remaining evidence of dishonesty, I see no reason to want him dead. My apologies, @Saffron Iguana, for our communication error and for falsely accusing you. 

If possible, and because the Kandra populations seem to be dying down, how’s Beagle faring? I haven’t seen his red face in-thread for quite a while, he’s not in my faction, and I don’t have a more compelling reason to vote on somebody anymore. 

Edited by Quartz Zebra
Iguana =/= Weasel

Ok, here is the thing, I am being lynched right now for 2 reasons:

1. I was in Contact with Khriss before they died.

2. I "lied" to people in a group PM.

These can both be easily explained away. But first let me provide some context: I have been extreamly busy over weekends, and as I wanted to get some SE time in, I literally stayed up all night to work on stuff. Idiotic I know, and after this cycle, I don't think I will be doing it again.

1. Yes I was in contact with Khriss and Nazh. And know who they are. Because of being in contact with them, I also am extremely confident Hoid is in the game. Meerkat said on Sel D2 that they didn't get to choose their faction name. They also said that they didn't get to choose their wincon. This could have been a big tip off to someone who knew what to look for, and wouldnt be surprised if another player caught that.

As for sharing more, Nazh is still alive. So I will not be sharing every secret confided to me.

2. I was tired, and said Ivory instead of Onyx in the PM. Because of this, people got upset because what I said wasnt true about Ivory.

I do wish they had actually paid attention though to the other messages in the PM though. Because if they had paid attention, it should have been pretty clear the conversation was about Onyx, and had nothing to do with Ivory.

Edit: On another note, I have reason to suspect Violet Axolotl is Hoid. And as I think it was Hoid who killed Khriss, I would like to know for certain if my guess is correct.

Edited by Saffron Iguana
Added vote

As Ivory, I can confirm that in my world doc, Zebra asked me to corroborate one of Iguana's claims. I denied that claim, but as it appears Iguana mixed me up with Flamingo, everything should be fine unless @Onyx Flamingo also denies Iguana's claim.

2 hours ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Edit: On another note, I have reason to suspect [Violet Axolotl] is Hoid. And as I think it was Hoid who killed Khriss, I would like to know for certain if my guess is correct.

Hoid has never been able to take kill actions in any of Seonid's Shard games(LG21, LG29, LG43). It could be different this game, but I would be reasonably certain that Khriss could not have been killed by Hoid.

1 minute ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Hoid has never been able to take kill actions in any of Seonid's Shard games(LG21, LG29, LG43). It could be different this game, but I would be reasonably certain that Khriss could not have been killed by Hoid.

I disagree

edit: not about the part on the past game, on the part on Hoid killing.

Edited by Saffron Iguana

26 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

I don't think hoid killed khriss, but I do believe he was responsible for the loss of Odium. And as such, Axolotl. I'll probably do some more RP tomorrow before the day ends. 

Can anyone provide any actual reason why they think this? So far it’s a whole lot of, “well, if there were a special role, then maybe this hypothetical role would have this hypothetical ability and this one person did something that isn’t exactly normal so maybe they’re the one with this hypothetical role and ability.” 

If it’s just faction war, fine, but say so instead of making up weird reasons. 

28 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Can anyone provide any actual reason why they think this? So far it’s a whole lot of, “well, if there were a special role, then maybe this hypothetical role would have this hypothetical ability and this one person did something that isn’t exactly normal so maybe they’re the one with this hypothetical role and ability.” 

If it’s just faction war, fine, but say so instead of making up weird reasons. 

Well there aren't a lot of other classical Cosmere roles that would fit the bill, and none of the shards provide a power to steal shards. Also, my faction has more reasons for being suspicious of you in particular that I don't really have time right now to type out. I'll share them if you want later. It's really not faction war, nor do I think I've had enough time to make up weird reasons. Remember, I've been out of the loop because I sort of let the game be once I got killed. So, I haven't had time to just "make up weird reasons" as you put it since I got returned. Others seem to say you have odd knowledge and powers, and that fits the bill of Hoid, and traditionally hoid's faction needs to be able to unite all the shards. Seems sensible that that would also entail them having the ability to steal shards they kill. So, I'm keeping my vote on you. 

8 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Well there aren't a lot of other classical Cosmere roles that would fit the bill, and none of the shards provide a power to steal shards. Also, my faction has more reasons for being suspicious of you in particular that I don't really have time right now to type out. I'll share them if you want later. It's really not faction war, nor do I think I've had enough time to make up weird reasons. Remember, I've been out of the loop because I sort of let the game be once I got killed. So, I haven't had time to just "make up weird reasons" as you put it since I got returned. Others seem to say you have odd knowledge and powers, and that fits the bill of Hoid, and traditionally hoid's faction needs to be able to unite all the shards. Seems sensible that that would also entail them having the ability to steal shards they kill. So, I'm keeping my vote on you. 

I would much appreciate further suspicions explained. As far as I’ve ever seen or heard of, Hoid isn’t the eliminator, can’t kill, and doesn’t steal shards. Not sure how any of these would even fit the potential Hoid possibility. 

The “odd power” I have is that I took two actions once. Wow. There’s game mechanics for that. Surprise! I don’t have to have a hidden secret nefarious role to do that. Honestly, Nazh worries me more because we know he exists and we don’t know if he’s got a win con that is compatible with others. Even if there is a Hoid in this game, I’d probably be open to work with him. Hoid has never come across to me as an evil force, so if you’re so opposed to him, maybe the evil force is you. 

34 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

I would much appreciate further suspicions explained. As far as I’ve ever seen or heard of, Hoid isn’t the eliminator, can’t kill, and doesn’t steal shards. Not sure how any of these would even fit the potential Hoid possibility. 

The “odd power” I have is that I took two actions once. Wow. There’s game mechanics for that. Surprise! I don’t have to have a hidden secret nefarious role to do that. Honestly, Nazh worries me more because we know he exists and we don’t know if he’s got a win con that is compatible with others. Even if there is a Hoid in this game, I’d probably be open to work with him. Hoid has never come across to me as an evil force, so if you’re so opposed to him, maybe the evil force is you. 

... you think I'm the evil force? I literally just got returned, I have no roles other than being returned. Any roles I otherwise had were revealed. I have no hidden motives. 
That being said, I just came to a realization, and have realized that there is a far better candidate than Hoid for who took Odium. As such, I'll be taking my vote off of you. Axolotl. 
You who took odium. I'm on to you. I know what you are, and I think I have you pegged for what you want. It will only be a matter of time before I figure out who you are. If you decide to contact me or my faction, we could perhaps come to an arrangement, as I suspect we could work to each other's benefit. But if you choose not to, I'll hunt you until my divine breath gives out. 

Penguin, could you share a bit more about your theory? Right now I've seen some fairly compelling evidence for why Axolotl might be Hoid, and why Hoid might have the power to steal shards. I can't really think of any revealed mechanic stealing shards (I considered dominion redirecting an investment action, but investment actions happen during the day, and Dominion can only redirect during the night), so I assume you've got a theory about another hidden ro...

Kelsier. Think about it. He's a worldhopper, and he's been known to have stolen a Shard before that he shouldn't have been able to take. It makes more thematic sense than Hoid being able to steal shards.

5 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

As Ivory, I can confirm that in my world doc, Zebra asked me to corroborate one of Iguana's claims. I denied that claim, but as it appears Iguana mixed me up with Flamingo, everything should be fine unless @Onyx Flamingo also denies Iguana's claim.

So, what is this claim? So I can confirm or deny it.