The Forge

Karnatheon

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Lena smiled at Warden.

"Of course I do."

She had several special pancakes left. One was harmless. She would only feel a bit dizzy the evening. Lena pulled it out and handed it over. Alask had made her promise to not poison his friends. As he didn't know Warden yet, she wasn't in that category.

"But only a few. We need to go to the supermarket to buy something to cook with. Then I could prepare dinner. And make new pancakes."

@Turtle373

Warden ate the pancake, it reminded her of home. "thanks, and if you're going to the supermarket I'll come." She said to Lena.

I don't mind that much, and it wasn't that random so it's all good.

10 minutes ago, Turtle373 said:

Warden ate the pancake, it reminded her of home. "thanks, and if you're going to the supermarket I'll come." She said to Lena.

"Cool. Let's go."

Lena grabbed a bag.

"There should be one close by. What would you like to eat today?"

10 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Cool. Let's go."

Lena grabbed a bag.

"There should be one close by. What would you like to eat today?"

"Tacos?" She asked as they started walking out the door.

do you want to just skip to when we come back?

2 minutes ago, Turtle373 said:

"Tacos?" She asked as they started walking out the door.

They went to the supermarket. Lena observed Warden carefully, to see when she would start to act differently.

=====================

When they returned with bags full of groceries Lena went into the kitchen and started to cook dinner for all of them.
"Where do you come from?"
She asked Warden while cutting some vegetables for the sauce.

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

They went to the supermarket. Lena observed Warden carefully, to see when she would start to act differently.

=====================

When they returned with bags full of groceries Lena went into the kitchen and started to cook dinner for all of them.
"Where do you come from?"
She asked Warden while cutting some vegetables for the sauce.

"Earth, also what was all of that," She asked talking about the  fight. She felt a little tired and it was hard to concentrate.

18 minutes ago, Turtle373 said:

"Earth, also what was all of that," She asked talking about the  fight. She felt a little tired and it was hard to concentrate.

Lena smiled to herself while heating a pan and made a fitting dough for the tacos. It worked.
"I don't know what it was. I wanted to ask Alask, hopefully he's back soon."
She started making the tacos in the oven and looked around. It would be a lot of work to get everything back into a state, that someone could live here. And if they really depended on the neighbours liking them. Why was she even here? Because he offered something useful to do? She knew, she should be somewhere else, she had agreed to do something, but it seemed to be so boring. Running of with Alask, standing on that stage had been so much more fun. And the others could easily handle it without her. At least nobody had contacted her so far. But still, she had no real clue what she was supposed to do here, how to help.

Galvris watched the two go off to the supermarket, and entertained himself in making miniature armies in Tel'aran'rhiod, then having them fight each other.  "I'm also from Earth," he piped into, "The reckonerverse.  And Randland.  It's complicated."  

He composed himself for a long speech, then realized that they'd probably sleep through it.  So he simply said, "I came because the alleyverse needs your help."

He paused, maybe he would say a little more, "The forge can fix things.  They can help people.  Probably the only installation in Alleycity that does.  You should get to work, getting victims off of the streets.  Get people out of the city.  There's a war brewing, and nobody unaffiliated with the guilds should be caught in it.  I plan to make it happen.  But I need you."

@Sorana

@Turtle373

Out of breath, dehydrated, and stressed, Eve made her way through the groups of people. There were more than she’d anticipate the area having typically, though then again, nothing about the situation mid-city was typical, why should here be any different?

The door was open a crack, but she knocked quickly anyways. Exhausted from the run, Eve let herself sink down onto the doorstep.

Hopefully someone had heard her knock. Hopefully they’d come soon.

Her mind flashed through dozens of possibilities of what she would say to them. Different tactics or emphasis. Something, anything to get help. Not even help. She didn’t even know at this point...

Then, due to the exertion of getting there, she lost consciousness, body slumping against the doorpost, resembling just another un-Invested citizen looking for a place to rest. 

The woman waved and scampered off to a man who had similar features to her. They split the pancake between them and left.

*^*

“Hey, Galvris,” Alask said, walking ahead as the crowd dissipated. He was smiling but was slightly tired, Shez had run too far away and Alask has had to walk the entire way back.

“What brings you here? Are you here to join us?” The thought of bringing the good old days back excited Alask for a moment.

He looked to Warden and Lena in the Forge, cooking something with new groceries and he immediately lit up. They’d cared, they’d bought things for the Forge! It felt so good knowing he wasn’t the only one trying to make things better, that they cared too.

But trying to enter the Forge, Alask saw a teenage girl sleeping in front of the door. Alask felt a little hopeful that when the Forge was done, no one would have to sleep like that. He tried to gently move the girl to the side when he saw the face.

It was the face of — what was her name? Adoda? She’d spread posters around, and Alask and Amon had visited her in the Tavern. What was she doing here?

Alask tapped her on the shoulder quickly, trying to wake her up.

@Silva

@Sorana

@Turtle373

@Vargo Seldon

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

The woman waved and scampered off to a man who had similar features to her. They split the pancake between them and left.

*^*

“Hey, Galvris,” Alask said, walking ahead as the crowd dissipated. He was smiling but was slightly tired, Shez had run too far away and Alask has had to walk the entire way back.

“What brings you here? Are you here to join us?” The thought of bringing the good old days back excited Alask for a moment.

He looked to Warden and Lena in the Forge, cooking something with new groceries and he immediately lit up. They’d cared, they’d bought things for the Forge! It felt so good knowing he wasn’t the only one trying to make things better, that they cared too.

But trying to enter the Forge, Alask saw a teenage girl sleeping in front of the door. Alask felt a little hopeful that when the Forge was done, no one would have to sleep like that. He tried to gently move the girl to the side when he saw the face.

It was the face of — what was her name? Adoda? She’d spread posters around, and Alask and Amon had visited her in the Tavern. What was she doing here?

Alask tapped her on the shoulder quickly, trying to wake her up.

@Silva

@Sorana

@Turtle373

@Vargo Seldon

Galvris smiled.  "It's good to see you Alask," he said, "I'm afraid my motives are a little bit more grand, if you'll forgive me.  I wish to sort of commandeer this team to help against Plasmacore.  This city cannot, and never will be safe until it is free of villainy.  I know you're not the greatest warriors, but if we can get people off of the streets and out of the city before the Government decides to strike, then the city will become a better place."  

He noticed Alask stooping over a small girl on the front porch.  He hastened to pick her up and carry her inside.  There was a time when he would've simply lifted her with flows of air, but he'd learned many things since the Den of Theives.  He knelt over her, and investigated her with flows of air, fire, and spirit, the three healing flows.  He stood, "She's malnourished, exhausted, and dehydrated.  All she really needs right now is some water and rest, though I'm not a hugely competent healer."

@Silva

@I think I am here.

On 5/28/2019 at 7:13 PM, Vargo Seldon said:

Still, he held himself in such a position of strength that one couldn't help but feel dominated by him.

Unless that one happens to be Hellbent

Then he'll just stab you :P

1 hour ago, Vargo Seldon said:

He noticed Alask stooping over a small girl on the front porch.  He hastened to pick her up and carry her inside.  There was a time when he would've simply lifted her with flows of air, but he'd learned many things since the Den of Theives.  He knelt over her, and investigated her with flows of air, fire, and spirit, the three healing flows.  He stood, "She's malnourished, exhausted, and dehydrated.  All she really needs right now is some water and rest, though I'm not a hugely competent healer."

Lena heard the knock and was on her way over to the door, when she heard Galvris talk about PlasmaCore. She slowed her steps, listened to him. Commandeer them against the threat? He expected her to follow his orders. But it could be fun. To watch him try defeat them. PlasmaCore, from what she'd seen they were strong and the Bureau weren't easy opponents either. It would be a sight to see his arrogant nose end up bloody. She stepped out of the way when she heard the door swing open. Galvris carried a girl inside, followed by Alask. The girl was unconcious and when he laid her down, said something about her needing rest and water, but that he was no skilled healer she gently moved him out of her way and took a look herself. Arrogance. But it might make it easy to manipulate him.

"Good thing here is somebody with some medical knowledge."

She said wryly and quickly examined the girl. Not poisoned. Probably only exhaustion.

"I'll cook some broth. And it would be great if there were a place more quiet for her to her to rest. Apart from that, dinner is ready."

I hope that fits what you had in mind, Silva?

@Vargo Seldon

@Silva

@I think I am here.

@Turtle373

Yep. Perfectly. ^_^

Also, the more rest she gets, the calmer she'll be, but too much will have the opposite affect.

Eve remained unconscious, however temporarily. Staying asleep wasn't something she did well, and even then her breathing wasn't steady or slow.

15 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

He could try :P.  He might succeed actually if Galvris lowers himself to his opponents level..

Galvris let Lena take care of the girl.  He smiled.  He could read dislike on their faces.  He bread that wherever he went.  It was worse before Den of Theives, when people had tried to kill him for being the pretentious "Lord Moerevron".  Well, it would probably help his chances of getting their help of he immersed himself in the void.  

He focused on the fire, feeding all of his emotions to it.  He occupied a bubble of his mind that was void of emotion, feeling, really anything that made him inhuman.  That void, however, was shared by the True Source.  It took nearly all of his willpower not to seize it and embrace the fight of his life.  

He restrained, and occupied the void with peace.  Instantly, all emotion fled from his face.  It was like he'd turned to stone.  He remedied that by a smile, but one could clearly see that it did not reach his stone-cold eyes.  

"I could use your help, if you'll give it," he said.  His words were cold, almost harsh.

@Sorana

Edited by Vargo Seldon

12 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

He restrained, and occupied the void with peace.  Instantly, all emotion fled from his face.  It was like he'd turned to stone.  He remedied that by a smile, but one could clearly see that it did not reach his stone-cold eyes.  

"I could use your help, if you'll give it," he said.  His words were cold, almost harsh.

Lena leaned against a wall, her fingers tapped against the stone. His face had grown cold, hard. It would be interesting to see how Alask reacted to that, when he saw her cold face, he'd stopped talking to her for real. Good for him, but annoying. Usually she had a better grip on people. As long as they had this blackmailing thing going on, she could simply go along, but she knew she was loosing her grip on him. More and more people knew of the shade, and that meant he had something in his hand, she hadn't. She would have to dispose of him, before he told someone about him. Later. He was so naive, she figured she had some time left. It was good for her, if she was thought of as good and nice. Alask and his forge helped with that a lot.

"So.... you want me to help against Plasma Core?"

She repeated his earlier words, looked down into his eyes. Such a large ego in such a small person. She would have to poison him as well. To see his eyes widen, his hands claw at his throat. That would be something.

"What's in it for me?"

She asked, unable to hide her excitement about his proposition. She hadn't expected to be able to do something useful, had gotten distracted by the Forge and her idea to use it as a base. It made it easier to find someone to poison. But Plasma Core. It sounded like fun, like action. Alask could spend his time cleaning up, she'd never been one for boring tasks.

Edited by Sorana

Alask listened carefully, locking the Forge door closed and opening the blinds that lay acquainted with the windows. Some of them broke as soon as Alask touched them, rust and age did that to an object. He was grateful he had Lena when he saw her heal the teenage girl, though a part of him tensed at the fact that it could’ve been poison. But no, he would trust her.

“You’ve said that we’re not good fighters,” Alask said, stepping a little back at Galrvis’ cold expression. “But that we should get the civilians out of the city. But as much as I would want that, we have no power over the people here. We’re not celebrities, we’re a group of rebuilders who abandoned them until it’s become another ruin.”

He crossed his arms. “If you can find a way to rally these folks out of the city for their own safety, please do so. Because they won’t listen to us. Who will feed them when they’re out of the city? Where will they sleep?” Alask shook his head. “They’d rather stay here, and you’d need someone with far more influence than us to convince them otherwise.”

He saw Lena get excited about going against PlasmaCore, and he walked quietly to where dinner was. “Though, if you’re looking for people to actually fight alongside you, that’s obviously everyone’s individual choice.”

Warden tried to follow the conversation, but it was surprisingly difficult to concentrate on anything, and she felt a little bit dizzy. She heard the new guy, Galvris? Talk about evacuating the city, then about attacking plasma core. Warden could help with that right, maybe not with the attacking, she wasn't much of a fighter, but she could help with the evacuation.

"I'm in" she said, not really understanding what she was volunteering for.

Lena followed Alask over to the table, served him some food. Warder was still sitting there, looking dizzily around. A satisfied smile spread on her lips as she filled up plates for Warder, Galvris and herself.

"I hope you like it."

She seated herself across from Warder, to be able to observe her better. They could always let her sleep next to the other one. The thought reminded her of the broth and she quickly cut some vegetables and threw them into some water and started to cook them. It would take a while. Before sitting down again she wrote a quick message on her phone, texted a friend to tell them where she was and what was going on here. Then she found an interesting ad for some glass bottles she'd bought before and saved the offer to her Alleyzon cart.

Alask looked almost sad at the prospect to help the people here and she looked at him confused. What Galvris had proposed sounded so much like him, that she had expected him to start dancing happily. Lena sat down again and started eating.

According to the main plot thread, portals open all over the city. Do you think that affects us as well?

@I think I am here.

@Vargo Seldon

@Turtle373

Edited by Sorana
Forgot something

The food was/ is safe. I would have stated it clearly, including the effects should she have poisoned the food. (And if she wanted him dead, she'd use a different one. I've done way too much research to get that roughly right.)

So sorry, I have to ask you to change that.

Apart from that I have no idea how he would have known if it had been her, as he hadn't recognized her from era 2 and was never a part of the thieves guild.

EDIT: I mean we can go on with him attacking her, but whatever he felt she didn't cause it.

@Vargo Seldon

Edited by Sorana

On 6/1/2019 at 2:35 PM, Ark1002 said:

Galvris is over 1250 points.  It's not a contest though, and he'd always try and make the playing field even.  He does have some pretty serious weaknesses though.  Any fairly skilled emotional allomancer could hijack him easily.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:28 PM, Sorana said:

No worries, I'll change it immediately.  

@Sorana

Edited by Vargo Seldon