The Forge

Karnatheon

Laonin was waiting. Apprehension was creeping it's way into his mind. The longer it took for them to show  up, the longer he had to doubt himself. Were they taking on too much, too soon? Would his mission end after only having gotten off the ground? 

Hearing Aeodin speak broke Laonin out of his reverie. "Forging can do much. The only limitations are your creativity and your knowledge. I simply fixed the building by saying the monstrosity that knocked it over during the 7 Day War missed it instead. As for the lights, I just changed its history a bit so an eccentric millionaire had moved in, and was extremely afraid of the dark, so he had all these installed." Fingering the stamp in his pocket, a grave look came over Laonin's face. "Speaking of other things Forgery can accomplish, I'm going to need your help. I'm going to stamp myself before the fight, to become someone I haven't been in a very long time. It's necessary if I intend to help at all here. I just worry, that after the fight, I won't give the power up again. Can you swear to me that you'll remove the stamp once I no longer need it? I beg you. I worry what I might do if you all don't stop me."

@The Grumpy ElantrianElantrian 

@King TaravangianTaravangian 

@ShardBreaker 

@Steel Inquisitive

Suddenly a man approached them, and began asking how he could help. "Well, hello. The people who took her should be showing up here soon. Are you here to help?"

@Rashek of Bridge Four 

Hey Rachel. Like King Taravangian said, if you are talking out of character(OOC) try to use a quote box like this. But if your character is talking to our characters, try to use quotation marks and say who is speaking for dialogue.

"Like this." my character says as an example.

"I swear it," Aeodin said solemnly.  Aeodin then lifted a crystal into the air, and then placed it next to his skin.  It flashed with the brilliant light of the Dor, and Aeodin began to transform.  His muscles swelled underneath the robe, and his stance shifted becoming more experienced.  Confident.  Dangerous.

Ishek nodded to Laonin and in a quiet voice confirmed he would ensure that Laonin give up the power. He then turned to the side, to a position where he could watch for anyone approaching. He unlung the sheathed shardblade from his back and drew it, returning the scabbard to it's place over his shoulder. Then, tapping several tin minds, Ishek reached out to the world around him. Placing a hand on the ground allowed his heightened sense of touch to detect abnormal vibrations, like a spider in it's web. His improved hearing allowed him to hear the conversations of those around him as if their voices were raised, and he could hear every rat scurrying through alleys and wind howling through ruined homes. And his sense of smell allowed him to detect trouble even further afield, his nose now as keen as any tracking dog. 

And now he waited, along with the others, shardblade ready and metalminds full. 

How will this work once the dakhor show up? Will we need to move to a different thread for a duel?

The Bonefists rolled in. Well, some did. They were a large group, and four had motorcycles. The rest sprinted. All of them were full Dahkor monks, and he was the leader. Drako smiled. "So. Whadda ya want?" He cracked his knuckles as the Bonefists moved in.

Drako smiled grimly. "Oh, I took them all right. And I'm not giving them back." He made a motion with his hand like slitting his throat, and the Bonefists got in closer, snarling.

Dahkor do sacrifice normal people, it just isn't as good in power as other Dahkor monks. It would take three people to teleport instead of one monk, etc.

Ishek regarded the dakhor monk. He too, had a shardblade. The confident nonchalant man began to infuriate ishek. Perhaps a bit of a show can scare them off... 

Ishek tapped pewter. His muscles swelling to the size of a body builder, easily three times his own size. Now, at three times the strength of a regular man, Ishek felt more confident. 

Laonin pressed the stamp to his skin, near the base of his skull. He knew what was about to happen, but still wasn't prepared for it. Suddenly his mind shifted, and he was no longer Laonin.

Thundershriek stood tall, angry. It had been too long since he had been in control, and too long since he had felt power course through his blood. He looked at the people around him. None of them were the people who had bound him behind the mind of that weak fool, Laonin, so he decided not to eradicate them yet.

He saw a group of men in front of him, they appeared to have a murderous glint in their eyes. A look that was mirrored in his own. 

"I would recommend you leave now. I don't take kindly to people who try to kill me. And I can assure you, you won't find me a pushover like the Forger." As he said this, electricity began to radiate from Thundershriek's eyes, and he began to inch up off the ground.

He's an Epic with flight and electricity manipulation. His body creates excess electricity as well, so any contact can shock you, though not lethaly unless he concentrates on it. Thundershriek was the original, but he went world hopping before Calamity disappeared. He eventually made a family on Sel, but flipped out when one of them was killed and turned dark. Eventually he was subdued, but instead of killing him, his wife decided to Forge him into Laonin. Laonin has known all of this, and is the source of his fear of gaining power. He feels he owes the Cosmere for what Thundershriek did, and avoids letting him out except in dire situations where his power is necessary.

Alask is going to be back soon, probably during or directly after this fight. All we need is to land our ship.

Also:

23 minutes ago, The Grumpy Elantrian said:

Alask, should someone light a fire for your shade to help in the fight or would that be bad for everyone?

I find it interesting (in a good way) how you referred to me as Alask and the Shade as ‘my’ Shade. :P 

Edited by I think I am here.

:P Yes. The Shade rules all.

And yeah, my username can be a pain to write out. So you can just call me Itiah, or ITIAH, which is basically an acronym of my username.

Also, Alask is back! Just check the Alleyzon thread if you’re confused, but basically, in his effort to get supplies he and Nekorb and friends robbed a large shipping container of building supplies (like a huge one) of of Alleyzon, and now they’re towing it to the Forge.

Alask trudged forward, the towering Alleyzon shipping container dragged behind him. He was at the Forge. Looking back, he saw Ishek, and... Laonin? The nice calm man looked possessed or something. And some sort of gang. “What’s going on?” He asked.

Drako grinned as the man grew. He doesn't know how strong I am... he looked around, to find a challenge. Then the weak one changed. His eyes were violent. So his own eyes lit up. He grinned, pulling off his leather jacket, his shirt, his pants. Finally, he stood there, shardblade in hand, a bony, inhuman creature. Enough had been sacrificed that he was no longer resembled a human. He was a demon incarnate. And he was ready to fight. The Bonefist's howl echoed as they attacked.