WoR – The worst book that I ever read.

WitSpren

I must say that having an eBook is nice. Can read it on computer, on laptop, on tablet, on phone. I'll sometimes read a chapter or two while travelling. I can also make notes and they sync between my devices.

Only downside is I don't have a water resistant device to read eBooks on so can't read them in the bath...

Good excuse to get both :D

And here I thought some poor soul was going to be downvoted to Zucchini.  ;)  (I wouldn't have downvoted him, of course. But some might have).

Regardless, your Words of Radiance read count puts me to shame. Congratulations!

We believe you ;)

Edited by Cracknut

Easy solution: Buy the eBook and abuse your eReader instead. Protect and pamper the beautiful hardback.

Edit: The amount of abuse you've put it through is actually rather impressive.

Amen, brother.

After a few years of using mostly eReaders and the occasional paperback, I have a hard time reading big hardcover novels.

My physical copy of WoR was used only to look at the pretty pictures  :P

At last, someone with the courage to say what we are all really thinking, and decry WoR as the abomination upon literature that it is!

I mean... yay, Brandon?

(15-20 times? I don't think I've ever reread a book that often.)

Scotch-tape time. Don't forget, scotch tape fixes everything! You know you haven't read enough until that cover's all scotch-taped up! ;)

But wow, I don't think I've read any book more than three times...

Edited by Nymp

Well played read, sir!  I'm in the "Buy a hardback for the shelf, and an ebook for the abuse" camp :)

Well I do have a NOOK, but it just does not allow me to move back & forth the way a good old hardback or paperback allows.     I am notoriously hard on books because I really do have a very busy life and can only "indulge" myself a little here and there.

There are a few stories that I have found enjoyable enough to read multiple times.    AFoIF, WoT, Mistborn, Wok. But few have been as enjoyable as WoR.     BS was very good with Mistborn and WoK, but with this one he is definitely getting even better. 

I like the little Wit / BS thing at the end of WoR about expectations.     I think that was him talking directly to the readers that it is going to be very hard to meet readers expectations after this one.

Looked at the title. I thought, "Ah, there is a troll among us." I was not disappointed.

I have to say though, that's quite the number you've done on that book there. I've managed to total books, but never that severely. I'll have to get back to work on it.

Duct-tape time. Don't forget, duct tape fixes everything! You know you haven't read enough until that cover's all duct-taped up! ;)

But wow, I don't think I've read any book more than three times...

You misspelled duct tape there. I fixed it!  :D

B-b-but how could you do that to your book! You were supposed to love it, look at it in awe, hold it gently, smell it, cuddle it, keep it safe, admire it and even wash your hands before you touch it! My heart aches just by looking at it. You, sir, must buy an ebook.

Fixing covers with duct tape? Almighty above, take better care of your books, people, don't let it go that far! You book abusers, thinking you can do all you want with a book because you've paid for it. Books have feelings too. 

Just get a paper back they are far more durable, IMO. I have only damaged one book and it was a hardback, just brought it and had gotten into bed when I dropped it managed to grab it by the cover and fifty odd pages and the whole cover fell off. Have done that numerous times to the soft back and they never broke.

Yeah, I got the mm-paperback of WoK for hauling around, and it survived getting dragged through various towns in Bavaria quite nicely. The hardcover sits on my shelf where it's safe. :)

Though it depends on the publisher and printer they use; I've had to replace some paperbacks for creaking spines and loose pages.

Well I do have a NOOK, but it just does not allow me to move back & forth the way a good old hardback or paperback allows.

See, I feel just the opposite. The search function when using ebooks makes it way easier to locate an exact scene or phrase and being able to jump back and forth between any book in a series to refresh yourself on something is so nice.

My WoR has been opened to admire the art and be signed by HoB (Hand of Brandon). Otherwise it has been hidden away on a protected shelf.