The Metamorphosis: Rise of Villainry

Lord Meeker

Tena opened her eyes as the vows were said. She smiled, and looked up at Ani. Maybe we can get married. That seemed kind of ridiculous at this point, though; she'd only known him for two days. But he had those eyes of his, and that face, and he was so kind... but still. They had to date for at least a few months before they got married. Tena also figured she'd have to propose (Ani was probably too scared), and that got her worrying on whether he'd say yes. 

Am I seriously thinking about getting married to a guy I've known for less than twenty-four hours?

Yes. 

Well, that's wonderful. 

She closed her eyes again as she rested her head on Ani's arm. He was really strong, but WAY TOO tall. Like seriously, way too tall. Unfortunately, she couldn't think of any convenient way to make him a more decent height, other than chopping off his feet at the ankles (and he probably wouldn't marry her if she did that), so she just appreciated that he was strong and he was plenty big enough to protect her. I'm encouraged at the fact that someone can protect me. Can't I protect myself... and everyone else? No, I can't. Nevermind that. He's here, and he's perfectly awesome.

@Ark1002

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

Tena straightened up as she turned her head to look at the door. It opened, and a woman who looked like a mirror-image of Tena walked in. She saw Tena watching her and winked, then sat down at one of the back tables. Lenare saw what Tena was looking at and paled, touching the fur below his left eye with two fingers. The woman waved cheerily at the two of them, and her expression lit up in an explosion of a grin when she saw Ani sitting next to Tena.

Tena tried to stand up to go kick that impertinent girl’s teeth out, but Lenare grabbed her by the wrist and tugged her back down. “Kill her later, Tena,” he said quietly, urgently. “You can’t ruin this wedding.” 

“She wouldn’t have hesitated,” Tena hissed, wanting to get in front of Ani to protect him from that monster. 

“Well, she’s a dangerous psychopath.” 

“And I’m not?” 

He paused. “I’m not at liberty to answer that question. Wait until the after party, okay?” 

“Fine.” She put her hand posessively on Ani’s shoulder, glaring at that girl with all the force she could. Then, she turned her eyes back to Ani and looked him over, analyzing how well he could fight against someone of Tena’s size. He was huge, and strong, but those made you slow when fighting a leaner, faster person. She came to the conclusion that she’d have to fight her enemy off herself if she wanted Ani to be safe, which she really did. 

“Be ready to run, okay?” Tena whispered to Ani. “I can’t guarantee that I can protect you.”

@Ark1002

"My little cousin is here," Tena answered. "And the last time I saw her she tried to kill Mace, who I may have had a crush on. And before that she tried to kill Lenare. Both times she failed, but I don't know if she's gotten better at fighting, so just pretend you aren't here." 

@Ark1002

The man continued to watch the ceremony, trying not to let the activity in the crowd distract him. With a start he realized he had forgotten to present his gift ahead of time, and in this instance it was necessary for the gift to be given before the ceremony instead of after.

He called over an usher, who came over and quietly asked what was the matter. After a brief, hushed discussion the man handed a small box to the usher, who as inconspicuously as possibly approached the alter. 

Seeing this, the man breathed a sigh of relief. It wouldn't do for a wedding to happen without there being rings. I hope they fit right. Laonin thought to himself.

I don't know if rings are already present, or talked about privately. But in the case they were missed before, the box contains 2 rings, for the bride and groom respectively. They are Laonin's wedding present. Each ring is made up of two bands which are worn touching to form  one larger band. Each band is made of intertwined Feruchemical metals, with a well cut gemstone for the bride, and several smaller ones encircling the band for the groom. The gemstones are capable of holding Stormlight, and the rings are capable of holding Feruchemical properties. There obviously isn't a lot of space for everything to be stored, but it's enough for emergency usage. The two bands have different Aonic patterns etched into them that when the bands are turned, and squeezed together, the Aon will activate.