The Game and its losers.

Ink

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

What is the method you found? Also, I couldn't find English as a requirement anywhere in the guidelines. Could you link me to it?

It's more of a general thing, the mods can't exactly moderate if people are speaking in many different languages. 

There is no link to it.

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

It's more of a general thing, the mods can't exactly moderate if people are speaking in many different languages. 

There is no link to it.

That's true, although typically anything with in another language is quickly and easily translated. I think a single isolated phrase or short conversation does no harm.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

That's true, although typically anything with in another language is quickly and easily translated. I think a single isolated phrase like Wit sent does no harm

Το Wit is the best γίνεται κάπως ενοχλητικό να γράφεις κάθε φορά

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Αυτή η μετάφραση Google δεν είναι η καλύτερη διαθέσιμη. Έχει αυτό το νόημα του κεφαλιού;

That's true, it's not a perfect translation software. The second sentence there doesn't really make sense

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

That's true, it's not a perfect translation software. The second sentence there doesn't really make sense

Αυτό σου πήρε πολύ χρόνο και πολύ περισσότερο από αυτό που περίμενα να κάνεις. Η δεύτερη πρόταση ρωτά αν μπορείτε να το καταλάβετε αυτό.

10 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Αυτό σου πήρε πολύ χρόνο και πολύ περισσότερο από αυτό που περίμενα να κάνεις. Η δεύτερη πρόταση ρωτά αν μπορείτε να το καταλάβετε αυτό.

Something took longer than your expected? What is the point of this conversation at this point?

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

I found a way to avoid losing the game permanently.

Let's keep the chat in English (following the 17S guidelines)

@Ancient Elantrian

There is an entire thread in the storm light section that is in Spanish so…

είμαστε αδιάφοροι

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Let's keep the chat in English (following the 17S guidelines)

I… I don’t think that’s a rule? It might be but we’ve had whole threads dedicated to talking in gibberish and High Imperial and Pig Latin and that sort of thing, besides there are Sanderfans from all over the world in here (I myself am from down under and as you know we don’t speak English we speak Australianeese). I may be mistaken though. 

to bring us back to the topic at hand, I lost the game:

IMG_3449.jpeg.bb5c54303a48f8ca7f7c350b1c319745.jpeg

oh wait, I’m Australian whoops. I meant:

IMG_3450.gif.8f91e867fb76043b00e3a168b2632be1.gif

(:P hj/)

46 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I… I don’t think that’s a rule? It might be but we’ve had whole threads dedicated to talking in gibberish and High Imperial and Pig Latin and that sort of thing, besides there are Sanderfans from all over the world in here (I myself am from down under and as you know we don’t speak English we speak Australianeese). I may be mistaken though. 

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/profile/59529-shanequa2075/

If you clicked on this you lose

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I thought you spoke Aussie. You lied to me?? *le gesp*

Well, on the one hand I'm interested in the language discussion, but on another, this is off topic. Plus, I don't really play the game and am not enough of a jerk to summon people. So, I guess I lost the game? It's actually weird how I got here, I went from a meme to a status update to a person's activity.

Still not pinging them!

Anyway, I just now realised that ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ is supposed to be "Wit is the best", not a comment on the letter Psi. Not a Greek speaker, but I've learned the letters at some point.

• 2 weeks later...