The Chat Thread

Archer

3 minutes ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

ok so two questions

1 I thought we only needed the character approved if is was abover the point limit

2  when my character does get approved, where do i start, its kinda overwhelming

1. Actually, you need to get approved regardless, though if your character is well below the limit it’s safe to say approval will likely be swift.

2. Where to start is a bit trickier. It might help to know a bit of what you want to do with your character. Their goals maybe, or their personality. I can point you in a direction from there.

well my character is a human made into a koloss through spiking during the final empire, he made his way to roshar and asked for a boon from the nightwatcher. His boon made it so that he could usually have a human level of controll and intelegence. sometimes however, he will go into a blood rage and harm those around him, his friends included. his curse is that he remembers every innocent person he has killed in a blood rage and feels the full guild of it. he bonded of dustbringer spren. and is 1st ideal(I chose dustbringer because of the keeping controll of yourself theme) and made his way to the alleyverse with nothing but the clothes on his back. he is completley mentally destroyed and depressed and is set on finding a way to undo the hemalurgic process and become human again

Hmm right so the hemalurgic science guild is prooobably not the right fit. However we are the most likely to be able to help - if he could find someone willing to do so. Which is… possible if not probable. We might be able to work something out. :P 

This era is a bit different from the others, we’re sort of in an altered timeline. If you wish, you can retcon your character to have arrived earlier than the current era and have an alternate history, or have them arrive now in which case the current timeline is all they know of the Alleyverse. Both options have drawbacks and positives. 

1 hour ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

congrats on 2000 posts, anyways i think ill have him having just arrived here as i would rather not mistake alternate reality vs current reality all the time

Oh hey thanks. Literally would not have noticed without you saying something :P Sounds good, please do let us know if you’re confused about something. It is a confusing place at the best of times, and there’s a lot of lore to assimilate. We are here to help!

22 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Welcome @HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES, we’re happy you’re here! This is the place to ask questions and find your feet. ^_^ Would you perhaps like a cookie?

22 hours ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

i would love one

Wonderful! Eat it while it’s warm ;) 

Beware the Cookies! They are Spiked!

Tell me more... Sarian (my character) has always wanted a magical boar.

Would the raccoons be... Type 1 Investure? How would it work? Is there a limit to how many you can summon?

>:) overrun the city with boars and raccoons....

8 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

mayhem? I'm tempted to create an npc that has an epic power of controlling/summoning boars and racoons.

1 hour ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Hi everyone! This place seems cool! How do I get started?

Is where we keep track of new characters and approval for them, the first page will have an Index with specifics on how much is allowable but as a general rule a moderately skilled Knight Radiant at 1st Oath is about the standard power level for characters. If you have an idea post it there and we can discuss, if you have any questions about the RP and how it's run or the setting you can ask them here.

On 6/14/2022 at 2:18 PM, SymphonianBookworm said:

Tell me more... Sarian (my character) has always wanted a magical boar.

Would the raccoons be... Type 1 Investure? How would it work? Is there a limit to how many you can summon?

>:) overrun the city with boars and raccoons....

I meant to say badgers, as they are scarier. It would function along the lines of Aydee's talent, only he could control them.

@Voidus what is the policy on letting boars and badgers loose on the city. Are we for it? :P I just can’t remember our badger policy

I don't think we're in a position for a city-wide sideplot to start up, but that being said if someone wanted to do this in just a section of the city then sure. I would probably suggest thinking it through a bit more than just 'lol boars' to create some kind of actual plot and make sure that there are at least some players happy to be involved. We've often had problems with that kind of plot in the past so I'm usually cautious of plots that are basically just chaos for chaos' sake.

Also if you want to use an existing thread make sure that the people currently active there are okay with it, not fun to be mid-serious-scene and then have a rampage of absurdity crash through the walls.

On 6/18/2022 at 8:04 PM, Voidus said:

I don't think we're in a position for a city-wide sideplot to start up, but that being said if someone wanted to do this in just a section of the city then sure. I would probably suggest thinking it through a bit more than just 'lol boars' to create some kind of actual plot and make sure that there are at least some players happy to be involved. We've often had problems with that kind of plot in the past so I'm usually cautious of plots that are basically just chaos for chaos' sake.

Also if you want to use an existing thread make sure that the people currently active there are okay with it, not fun to be mid-serious-scene and then have a rampage of absurdity crash through the walls.

yea, I was thinking along the lines of "lol boars", probably just put them in the alleycity thread and then forget they are there.

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Oh? Please enlighten me.

Just obtain some Bronze compounding. Though that might actually put you over the point count. But, it definitely works. I have a character who’s entire underpinning is this refusal to sleep due to nightmares.

The side effects are hardcore though XD