The Chat Thread

Archer

6 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

It's been really quiet around here. I thought there would be more activity as summer starts.

I'm a counselor for FSY (church youth program), so I am super busy most of the summer. Plus none of my characters are really need another post yet, so I haven't started one.

16 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Random question: If someone had both Alleytravel and AonDor, would they be able to shape some Alleys to create an Aon?

I think this would be a level of Alley manipulation that would be almost impossible to achieve for anyone but the most powerful denizen. You’d need to not only shape the Alley you’re traveling through but others around it that you’re not using, and then also force them to stay like that. It seems really complex.

Just now, ZincAboutIt said:

I think this would be a level of Alley manipulation that would be almost impossible to achieve for anyone but the most powerful denizen. You’d need to not only shape the Alley you’re traveling through but others around it that you’re not using, and then also force them to stay like that. It seems really complex.

So it's something @Fatebreaker could have done for the Forgery. If he did it might be a good explanation as to why some bits end up in random alleys at the end of the era, if we're still on that idea

33 minutes ago, mathiau said:

So it's something @Fatebreaker could have done for the Forgery. If he did it might be a good explanation as to why some bits end up in random alleys at the end of the era, if we're still on that idea

Oh well yeah the Stranger could probably do it, I mean he rewrote the planet so :P sure why not some Alley redecorating. It’s certainly a decent explanation of something like that occurring yeah.

It is kept deliberately vague because it's generally more appropriate to allow it up to reader imagination, the Alleyverse has some dark, terrifying corners that are difficult if not impossible to accurately describe. Rather than canonising something like 'Oh there's no light and it's just this massive labyrinth in the shape of the continent and everything's made of Obsidian', we have thus far been purposefully unclear on the specifics and described the mood rather than the visuals.

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

It is kept deliberately vague because it's generally more appropriate to allow it up to reader imagination, the Alleyverse has some dark, terrifying corners that are difficult if not impossible to accurately describe. Rather than canonising something like 'Oh there's no light and it's just this massive labyrinth in the shape of the continent and everything's made of Obsidian', we have thus far been purposefully unclear on the specifics and described the mood rather than the visuals.

fair enough