The Chat Thread

Archer

Just now, Voidus said:

Newcomers to the forum, seeing old AV RPers: Ooh, the wise old ones who created one of the largest RPs.
First era AV: Lol, what if I was a sentient rock this time?

I was like a 3 year old playing make believe lol. 

What if, like what if I had all the powers!!!

3 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

I was like a 3 year old playing make believe lol. 

What if, like what if I had all the powers!!!

Pretty sure that's what draws most people in... the spikes make them stay.

That and early characters are all power, later characters are mostly personality. Looks sheepishly at Tyrian

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Pretty sure that's what draws most people in... the spikes make them stay.

That and early characters are all power, later characters are mostly personality. Looks sheepishly at Tyrian

Oh I don't know about that, I mean my first character was...
*Looks at a literal god of the AV*
Hm... Okay but I probably just enjoy a bit of power fantasy, I'm sure that continued on after all my my later characters were:
*Looks at dog*
Hm...
Okay, you may have a point.

Wait forget about Tyrian, Faleast and AraRaash are my real power character(s) :P

Although they actually somewhat earned things.

One of these days I'll make an Alleyverse sheet for those two and then never use them because they've got way too many things

Just now, ZincAboutIt said:

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood is there anything in particular you're hoping to do with your character in the hospital thread? You don't need to tell me, of course, but it might give others an idea of who to write into an interaction with him. :] 

well Zinc, I plan on him killing a random patient who is important to his backstory... *laughes maniacally* I has schemes. right now my plan is he bribes the manager person to give him the records of patients on a certain day or something. 

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

well Zinc, I plan on him killing a random patient who is important to his backstory... *laughes maniacally* I has schemes. right now my plan is he bribes the manager person to give him the records of patients on a certain day or something. 

Cool! I just wanted to make sure you weren't left hanging without anyone to come interact with you is all. I know how that can be frustrating. You are welcome to keep your plans to yourself as you see fit. I'm not after your plans.

Just now, ZincAboutIt said:

Cool! I just wanted to make sure you weren't left hanging without anyone to come interact with you is all. I know how that can be frustrating. You are welcome to keep your plans to yourself as you see fit. I'm not after your plans.

I look forward to interacting with all y'all more in this. Darien is a character I have been looking forward to using for a long time.

@mathiau I know Folorian's question has been left hanging - I've been a bit busy IRL, but I'm hoping to have her response done by tomorrow morning. Sorry for the wait!

22 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Some days I still wish I could downvote petulance. 

But pedantry and petulance are so entertaining. Also, presumably at the Worldspike itself, the Forgery has lasted even longer than it has generally in-world, since the large amounts of Investiture should cause at least a little time dilation there. :P

@ZincAboutIt - I'm not entirely sure what Vivicia would see in Byron, besides maybe his sight of the dark snake monsters, slight Forgery tampering, or the fact he's much much older than he looks. I'm also not so sure what level Vivica actually has insight into that, but those two interacting should be fun regardless :P

Also how close is Vivicia to the records room where Aln and Ronald are? I missed if it was right there or a bit more distant.

5 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

@ZincAboutIt - I'm not entirely sure what Vivicia would see in Byron, besides maybe his sight of the dark snake monsters, slight Forgery tampering, or the fact he's much much older than he looks. I'm also not so sure what level Vivica actually has insight into that, but those two interacting should be fun regardless :P

Also how close is Vivicia to the records room where Aln and Ronald are? I missed if it was right there or a bit more distant.

So, I’m not sure how close the room is either - it’s just on the way there. Also, putting everyone into a Cadmium bubble will make everything outside move much faster yes? If this is the case I’m not sure how to write the reaction to the entrance exploding since in theory it will happen almost immediately after the bubble is up due to increased time outside 

Edited by ZincAboutIt

2 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

So, I’m not sure how close the room is either - it’s just on the way there. Also, putting everyone into a Cadmium bubble will make everything outside move much faster yes? If this is the case I’m not sure how to write the reaction to the entrance exploding since in theory it will happen almost immediately after the bubble is up due to increased time outside 

Byron's intentionally limiting the time-change as much as he can (which is actually a lot - I think 9/10ths real speed is his max). So it might be a noticeable difference but it shouldn't cause everything to fall apart immediately.

Although if they do end up having things collapsing, Byron will probably increase it to make sure they've got some time before they all hit the ground.

... Byron's a bit strong, I might try and get him re-point-calced this era :P 

Alright! And anyway they don’t have to be right over the entrance or something. I wasn’t planning on having Vivica be directly affected but I can change my plan if you’d like (and you too Fatebreaker, of course). If you’ve got a strong preference let me know!

Vivca is technically a Seeker but she has no metal reserves since she is in a permanent insane ward :P 

The people are right on the edge of his bubble, so Vivica could probably roll right out of it if she felt so inclinced.

... should the earthquake stop once Sudiov's power fixes the rift Cassie's seeing, or is that going to be an ongoing thing now? Or whichever way causes the most chaos?

11 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

The people are right on the edge of his bubble, so Vivica could probably roll right out of it if she felt so inclinced.

... should the earthquake stop once Sudiov's power fixes the rift Cassie's seeing, or is that going to be an ongoing thing now? Or whichever way causes the most chaos?

I'm not fate, but I assume that each and every person who saw something would need to be fixed bc the earthquake is happening bc so many people who are aware of things are all here.