Interlude POVs in Book 3

Lightflame

I would love to see have a section from Lirin or Hesina's POV taking place just before Kaladin returns to Alethkar.  Not sure if it should be an interlude or just a brief POV within another chapter though.  

I would also like to see some new interlude characters in some of the locations we haven't seen yet.  Like maybe one of Rock's relatives up in the Peaks, or someone living in one of the other little countries we haven't been to yet.  Also WoK there was a conversation Dalinar had with the foreign dignitary and one of the other highprinces and they mentioned something about a Holy War over in the Emul/Tashikk/Tukar area. An interlude from someone involved in that stuff could be really interesting and we'd get a glimpse of other world events. I would love to see some interludes that could clue us in on how other cultures regard the highstorms and how they then react to the Everstorm situation.  

Edit: Oh, also, an interlude in some random place where they have parshmen workers and people going about their boring daily lives and then the Everstorm passes over and suddenly the parshmen go crazy on them.  

Edited by LightReader

I guess it could work but I'd rather she be in the "main" story.

Agreed. She needs to actually be around Kaladin (when he eventually rejoins the group) for them to be able to court.

Edited by Aether

I would love to see have a section from Lirin or Hesina's POV taking place just before Kaladin returns to Alethkar.  Not sure if it should be an interlude or just a brief POV within another chapter though.  

I would also like to see some new interlude characters in some of the locations we haven't seen yet.  Like maybe one of Rock's relatives up in the Peaks, or someone living in one of the other little countries we haven't been to yet.  Also WoK there was a conversation Dalinar had with the foreign dignitary and one of the other highprinces and they mentioned something about a Holy War over in the Emul/Tashikk/Tukar area. An interlude from someone involved in that stuff could be really interesting and we'd get a glimpse of other world events. I would love to see some interludes that could clue us in on how other cultures regard the highstorms and how they then react to the Everstorm situation.  

Edit: Oh, also, an interlude in some random place where they have parshmen workers and people going about their boring daily lives and then the Everstorm passes over and suddenly the parshmen go crazy on them.  

Yeah, exploring the apocalyptic side of the Everstorm would be awesome. And a Horneater interlude would be superb. :D

Let's see... another Taln interlude would be cool, if only to show us where Amaram took him. An interlude that tells us the whereabouts of another Herald would be great. Could we see Baxil again? I also think it would be amazing to see a Nalan POV, as it could tell us so much about his mentality and motivation.

Agreed. She need to actually be around Kaladin (when he eventually rejoins the group) for them to be able to court.

As unlikely i believe this to be, I agree 100% with this statement.  They would be the funniest power-couple ever

This is assuming that Hoid didn't manage to snatch her up beforehand, which i would be okay with also.

How about a NightWatcher interlude? Either of her or a visitor?

A visitor, yes, but I wouldn't want the Nightwatcher herself, just as I wouldn't want a Stormfather Interlude. Some characters works best only when observed through others.

EDIT: Although, it would be amusing to see Brandon write a chapter all in upper-case lettering.

Edited by Aether

• Chaos locked this topic