Ba-Ado-Misharm is the Sibling but may not be an actual Unmade

ScavellTane

• "My research into the cognitive reflections of the spren at the tower has been deeply illustrative. Some thought that the Sibling had withdrawn from men by intent- but I find counter to that theory."

The Sibling withdrew from men.

• "A coalition has been formed among scholar Radiants. Our goal is to deny the enemy their supply of Voidlight; this will prevent their continuing transformations, and give us an edge in combat."
  • "Our revelation is fueled by the theory that the Unmade can perhaps be captured like ordinary spren. It would require a special prison. And Melishi."

This says that Voidlight availability has been continuing, presumably ever since the Last Desolation. The Unmade being mentioned directly after the first line suggests that the Unmade are the one providing Voidlight and transformations.

• "Ba-Ado-Mishram has somehow Connected with the parsh people, as Odium once did. She provides Voidlight and facilitates forms of power. Our strike team is going to imprison her."

This revelation came as a surprise to the Radiants. BAMs connection and 'voidlighting' is mentioned separately and is a new development. If BAM was an Unmade before this, it would not have been necessary to point it out. Although it could be said that BAMs ability was new and therefore noteworthy. But their plans to begin the capture of a great spren with her, signify that her new development was much more dangerous then the others.

Which bring us to this:

• "So Melishi retired to his tent, and resolved to destroy the Voidbringers upon the next day, but that night did present a different stratagem, related to the unique abilities of the Bondsmiths; and being hurried, he could make no specific account of his process; it was related to the very nature of the Heralds and their divine duties, an attribute the Bondsmiths alone could address."
  • "In short, if any presume Kazilah to be innocent, you must look at the facts and deny them in their entirety; to say that the Radiants were destitute of integrity for this execution of one their own, one who had obviously fraternized with the unwholesome elements, indicates the most slothful of reasoning; for the enemy’s baleful influence demanded vigilance on all occasions, of war and of peace."
  • "Now, as the Windrunners were thus engaged, arose the event which has hitherto been referenced: namely, that discovery of some wicked thing of eminence, though whether it be some rogueries among the Radiants’ adherents or of some external origin, Avena would not suggest."
  • "That they responded immediately and with great consternation is undeniable, as these were primary among those who would forswear and abandon their oaths. The term Recreance was not then applied, but has since become a popular title by which this event is named."
  • "This act of great villainy went beyond the impudence which had hitherto been ascribed to the orders; as the fighting was particularly intense at the time, many attributed this act to a sense of inherent betrayal; and after they withdrew, about two thousand made assault upon them, destroying much of the membership; but this was only nine of the ten, as one said they would not abandon their arms and flee, but instead entertained great subterfuge at the expense of the other nine."

I believe these WoR epigraphs are in response to BAMs betrayal of the Order. She may have also brought other spren to the Singers or she could have splintered herself or even made new spren to provide forms of power for the Singers. 

It could be that because of BAMs change of sides and that the Radiants believed she did not do it by Intent, that they named her Unmade.

"This generation has had only one Bondsmith, and some blame the divisions among us upon this fact. The true problem is far deeper. I believe that Honor himself is changing."

This abrupt change of position may very well have been due to the change in Honor at the time, which we know was that he was dying.

A god is dead. Another won the war by right of conquest. The original masters of this land have returned, as you so aptly made metaphor, with the keys to the house. So tell me, Szeth-son-Neturo—he who is about to swear the Third Ideal—whose law should the Skybreakers follow? That of humans, or that of the real owners of this land?”

This might also tie in to why Honor believes that the Dawnshards will be of no help.

Hessi reference to BAM as a she could be that BAM was bonded to a female Singer at the time considering we don't know what actually happens when a Singer bonds a sapient spren within their gemheart. But that is another discussion.

Edited by ScavellTane

Interesting Idea.  The only issue I see offhand is that if this is the case then it would require that Melishi be Bonded to one of the other two Godspren at the Time, which opens the question of how the Stormfather or Nightmother survived the Recreance more or less intact. Which has potential answers (could be as simple as the fact that None of them ever granted Shardblades per WOB).

1 hour ago, Quantus said:

which opens the question of how the Stormfather or Nightmother survived the Recreance more or less intact.

The best answers I can think of. 

1. Their radiants died before the recurrence.

2. They were strong enough to withstand it.

3. The bondsmiths didn't break their oaths like the skybreakers. 

20 hours ago, supersmith said:

The best answers I can think of. 

1. Their radiants died before the recurrence.

We'd be talking about Melishi specifically, who was confirmed alive I thought?

2. They were strong enough to withstand it.

Possible, though I dont think that really fits with the Stormfather's distrust and/or fear of being Bonded, he seems to imply to my read that he'd be just as subject to the problem as the rest of the bonded spren.Could just be projecting a general distrust rather than a real personal danger though...

3. The bondsmiths didn't break their oaths like the skybreakers. 

That would mean that, under the context of this theory, Melishi maintained his Bond to a corrupted Godspren during and through the Recreance...  That would have some pretty extreme implications.  But I think it remains a workable possibility;  It doesnt really fit my read of the Stormfathers mentions of him, but I dont see a solid reason why it couldnt be, and this whole series is about subverting our assumptions (*coughcough* Voidbringers)

Brandon better talk about The Sibling in book 4, otherwise we'll be inundated in Sibling Theories;)

This theory could work, especially considering we have  

Stormfather- Honor godspren

Nightwatcher- Cultivation godspren 

and then BAM?- Odium godspen.

I think the Sibling wasn't bonded at the time of the Recreance, and that's one of the reasons why they were withdrawing. I think Stormfather was the only godspren bonded, and the reason he survived was because Honor's Cognitive Shadow merged with him, changing him  and healing him enough to survive.

• Chaos locked this topic