[Theory] Taln Was Murdered

Moogle

• 2 weeks later...

I like Moogle's idea.

As for knowing or not knowing who of the fellow Heralds died in the battle:

This one could be explained easily. Taln's location may have been known (which is highly likely, since the Heralds probably planned the battle). One of the Heralds could've seen Taln fall. There could be some things that indicate the death of a Herald (a flash of light, a boom of sound, a feeling of a lost connection, a magical announcement, etc).

Your reasoning seems contradicting itself. Why should Taln's location have been known but Kalak's not, as both had been part of a possible planning?

The second sentence (One of the Heralds ...) seems much more likely.

But the third is -- again -- contradicting. If such a thing would happen, then why for Taln and not for Kalak too, which would mean -- because he didn't die -- that the other eight Heralds should have known that Kalak survived.

I'm curious if (and when) we get a solution to Moogle's theory.

I like Moogle's theory too, and think there's clearly more going on in that bit.

"A... a decision has been made. It is time for the Oathpact to end." To me, this reads like Jezrien is especially trying to avoid naming people. And coupled with Moogle pointing out the traitor quote, it's possible that a traitor Herald (possibly Ishar? He's the one who suggested a way out of the Oathpact but I grant it's not necessarily him) aired the idea of abandoning the Oathpact. I'm not convinced all the other Heralds unanimously agreed to it, but I suspect if they'd known Taln was already dead, as it were...

Would it take more than one Herald to murder Taln? It seems in the chaos of battle, it's very easy to make sure that Taln dies.

Edited by Kasimir

• Chaos locked this topic