[MAG] Alloy of Law Supplement

WeiryWriter

So last night there was a livestream Q&A thing about the Alloy of Law supplement for the Mistborn Adventure Game.

Here are some notes I took while watching:

• Added a lot to the setting: new towns, what koloss society is like, stuff on religions
  • A lot of setting expansion (as opposed to the main book where they had to spend most of it getting the rules/mechanics right)
  • Firearms treated like allomantic powers, mechanically (stunts for all characters)
  • New races kandra (details some of the changes they have gone through post-FA), koloss-blooded (no full koloss yet)
  • They have insider information! Worked closely with Peter. Brandon has said: “You are canon until if/when I decide to change it”
  • Compounding: in books mechanically broken, game compromises on how it works: compounders don’t get a stunt
  • Brandon on compounding: "it's like a whole new set of powers" :  Tin compounder gets super senses like x-ray vision
  • About 6-9 months after release they plan  for a book of adventures to come out [he was hesitant to nail down a date on this so it oculd be longer]
  • Might have more supplement books, depends on what Brandon does with future books
  • Supplements that transcend time difference: kandra/koloss [These supplements would deal with the entire history of these races and such]
  • Plan for the Supplement to be released before Gencon [August 14-17]
  • They will do more livestreams
  • Didn’t name the twinborn combo’s [They originally wanted to but they ran into issues with names, like one of the names they came up with was "windrunner" which obviously doesn't work]
  • They have given thought to games set on other worlds, such as Roshar

As always I'll try to update this thread as I get more information.

Without having the time to watch the Vid myself right now, do they give any hint as to a release date?

I did mention it in my notes, but they plan for it to be released before GenCon (August 14-17) but they did not give a more exact date.  They are planning on doing more livestreams so maybe I'll ask at the next one?

I did mention it in my notes, but they plan for it to be released before GenCon (August 14-17) but they did not give a more exact date.  They are planning on doing more livestreams so maybe I'll ask at the next one?

Gah! That'll teach me for skim-reading, sorry about that. That's good enough for me, I'll keep an eye on the Crafty website - thanks for the info :D

Now I just need to find a group that plays in my area, then get a work schedule that doesn't change.

If only there was a forum dedicated to playing it that happened to have an opening in one of their new campaigns.

But that would be ridiculous right?

If you are interested ;)

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

If only there was a forum dedicated to playing it that happened to have an opening in one of their new campaigns.

But that would be ridiculous right?

If you are interested ;)

I will look through this and we shall see what happens (though it will mostly be me going " i wanna do that"). I like to know what i am getting into and make sure i can contribute properly with the way i play.

• 4 weeks later...

So I somehow didn't hear that this had been rescheduled and had actually happened till now. But here is the alloy of law hangout.

Edit: nevermind, Claincy being overtired and forgetful. Somehow I saw the old one again and forgot.

Just ignore me.

So that this post has some substance again, the third part of the WoC cover evolution is up.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic