Legion: The Many Lives of Stephen Leeds Release Party

Wyndlerunner

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, what a fun party! I'm uploading the audio now, though it'll be a bit before it can be reviewed and such. A few snippets that I heard or asked myself :D

Kelsier has not yet figured out a way to leave Scadrial.

Hoid is not the weapon that killed Adonalsium.

The Fused were looking for the Cryptic in Kholinar.

You do need to die, or rather, your Cognitive/Spiritual aspect does need to be ripped out from your body before you can become a Cognitive Shadow.

I was RAFO'd on whether Braize was 9-centric before Odium was imprisoned in the Roshar system.

There have been more than 15 but less than 50 desolations. He's not sure of the exact number, he'd have to look at his notes, which means it's probably not a *significant* number.

Questions I asked:

Q: You've said before that every rational being in the Cosmere who knows about Nightblood is terrified of it.

A: Yeah...

Q: Does this include Vessels?

A: There are definitely some who are [scared / nervous / worried / I forget the exact word he used] about Nightblood. 'Terrified' might be too strong a word, but yes.

Q: You've said that Nightblood is the most ridiculously over-invested thing in the Cosmere, second only to the Shards.

A: Yes.

Q: Was that true from the moment of its creation, or did it grow more powerful over time?

A: It grew more powerful over time.  So yeah, that'll answer a question I know a lot of people have been wondering about it.

Q: What would happen if someone carried Nightblood unsheathed into a Perpendicularity?

A: RAFO.

Q: One of the Letters in Oathbringer suggests that the original Shards had a pact to go their separate ways, and some of them held to it while many didn't.

A: Yeah.

Q: How is it possible that, among those who broke the pact was the one whose nature is to obsessively keep your word on everything no matter what?

A: He would say that he did keep his word.

Q: So he found a loophole?

A: He wouldn't even classify it as a loophole.  He would say that he kept his word on that one.

(Note: Just for the record, I heard the Shardcast guys wondering about this one at one point, but by the time that episode came out I had already thought of this question and resolved to ask Brandon about it the next time I saw him.  So @Chaos, here's an answer to one of the questions you guys had!  Albeit one that mostly just raises further questions...)

(And then at the end, once the recording devices were turned off and we were getting ready to go)

Q: I was re-reading the original Mistborn trilogy, and I was struck by how devoutly Demoux believes in the divine nature of Kelsier.  And I just had to wonder, what must it have been like for him when he later became a Worldhopper and got a peek behind the curtain?

A: Yeah, that's a very interesting aspect of his character, for specifically that reason, and I am going to write about it and explore it more deeply at a later point.

Working on the audio I recorded.  There was at least one thing that Brandon requested be redacted, and unlike @RShara, apparently, I needed to sleep once I got home. :P  But I should have this up later today.

Edited by Mason Wheeler

42 minutes ago, Mason Wheeler said:

Q: Was that true from the moment of its creation, or did it grow more powerful over time?

A: It grew more powerful over time.  So yeah, that'll answer a question I know a lot of people have been wondering about it.

So, I suggested in the past that NB could feasibly consume enough investiture to eventually make some kind of psuedo-shard. People always brought up the smoke leaking as the main reason that this could not occur. 

Given that Brandon is now on record as saying that it grew more powerful, does this possibility re-open the door on this? Key word he used is "grew". Is there some reason it would no longer grow?

Just now, Luvan said:

So, I suggested in the past that NB could feasibly consume enough investiture to eventually make some kind of psuedo-shard. People always brought up the smoke leaking as the main reason that this could not occur. 

Given that Brandon is now on record as saying that it grew more powerful, does this possibility re-open the door on this? Key word he used is "grew". Is there some reason it would no longer grow?

Not sure.  In the context of my other question, perhaps the answer is "no, there's no reason it no longer grows, and this is why some of the Shards are afraid of Nightblood."  Maybe.

Q: My only question is, can I have a RAFO card?

A: Well, ask me something that I can't answer.  Which isn't that hard to do.

Q: Hmm... What is the ending to the 4th Stormlight book?

A: There you go! Nice! *hands her a card* You do have to jump through the hoop to get the RAFO card.

:lol:

Edited by Mason Wheeler

(I haven't posted here in ages so hi everyone.)

I was actually the person who asked if Hoid was the weapon that shattered Adonalsium, and I mostly asked it because I wanted to get a RAFO card (it wasn't originally my question, someone, probably one of you guys, suggested I ask it to get the card.) Imagine my surprise when he did answer it! Guess I'll try again next time, or just go the route of the person above. :P