1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Just had a new headcanon: In the future, Kokichi's powers get Upgraded/Nicrobursted, affecting not only the whole world but also the past. This creates periodic rushes of transfer students (New arrivals) into the various cities we've RP'd, all somehow coordinating their arrivals for the same time.

Maybe, but I don’t think that’s how their power would really react to being upgraded. To be honest, I lost track of the range of their powers the second after I created them. 

5 hours ago, Voidus said:

So thinking about introducing MV around now as well, hopefully in a non-combative interaction with someone and was thinking Kokichi/Liam.
Thoughts?
@winter devotion / @Hemalurgic Headshot

Possibly. I’m not opposed it. However, I’m not sure how available Winter will be during their trip, and I wouldn’t want to leave Kokichi out of such an encounter.

8 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Or you could have MV meet Nicroburst while he is out shopping.  That would be a good way to get him involved.

Not sure if there'd be much of a reason for the two of them to interact.

5 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I was thinking she'd have a multiplier of force after it transfers.

Anyways, if she hurts Nicroburst, she might feel indebted to him or something.

That is both interesting and terrifying. Because it means she can just generate infinite force by moving the momentum enough times. :unsure:
She's technically not redeemed yet so she might not openly try to kill him but not too likely to feel guilty either.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

Okay.  Would she try to use him for his power?

If he'd burst her once then yeah probably, assuming that the burst of power would come with an equally large surge of corruption for anyone who holds back on using their powers much.
And a fully corrupted MV would probably be scary.

3 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Based on the fact that the powers are canceled afterwards, maybe.

If she does, he might try to kill her.  And have a pretty god chance of succeeding.

I mean if she goes full rending while also being power boosted then everyone in the immediate vicinity are going to be turned into interesting splotches on the wall.

The power boost will be only for a split second because the boost triggers the power immediately.  And the boost won't be all the way at first.  At full power, the power will only last for a moment before being shut down for a week, but it will be as strong as a full week of constant usage compressed into one burst.

Whew caught up. Sorry I don’t have much internet access this week.  

On 2018-08-12 at 11:02 AM, Sazedezas said:

Okay, so I've got some potential photos to distinguish characters.

Arachnerd:

Reveal hidden contents

Bloodlight:

Reveal hidden contents

The one I like best for Karabiner has a Swastika, so I'm wary about using it, lest I appear insensitive. I like it best because he kind of turned Nazi in my writing of his next post. So, trigger warning.

Reveal hidden contents

What do y'all think?

@Sazedezas [Admin Voice]: I’m going to have to veto your proposed signature for Karabiner.  I get the significance it’s just not the type of thing we can have displayed on the site.  Please remove it from your post and don’t use it going forward.  

On 2018-08-12 at 11:27 AM, The Young Pyromancer said:

Comatose, I can't find where Upgrade was introduced.

He’s with a Brandon.  Read Brandon’s first post and he’s there.  

On 2018-08-12 at 11:35 AM, Sazedezas said:

Less anti-Semitic and more pro-Aryan/Epic-superman. Basically, he considers Hitler's "undesirables" the lowest firm of humanity, with Epics asking then being somewhat more acceptable. Other people are likewise discriminated against based on powers out the lack thereof, with Aryan people second only to Aryan Epics, like himself. Unlike Hitler, he isn't out to exterminate anyone, but he'll kill those he considers lower without provocation, and he constantly strives to become a truer "superman" than Hitler or Steelheart.

I am a little worried about this plot line as well, and personally would prefer if the groups he persecuted weren’t exactly the ones hitler did, mostly because I’d be worried about someone reading that out of context or someone with a lived experience of racism or anti-semitism being hurt by what is written.  

On 2018-08-13 at 9:56 AM, Sazedezas said:

I just figured out a way to keep the Circuit apart without it seeming like plot convenience.

The answer had been staying me in the face every time I open the RP forum.

Reckoners.

Yeah, I know they typically only take down High Epics, but I honestly think they'd be the first to realize who was potentially in town and what it could mean. Then, we could take friends writing for them out leave it to Comatose or something, and they could have their own mission to prevent the Circuit from meeting, possibly by killing one or more of them. Alternatively, those writing for the Circuit's members could just write Reckoners into their posts to kill their characters, but that's not up to me.

I’d be game to share the reckoners, and I definitely like the idea of them finding out about upgrade and trying to eliminate both him and Nicro.  

9 minutes ago, Comatose said:

Whew caught up. Sorry I don’t have much internet access this week.  

@Sazedezas [Admin Voice]: I’m going to have to veto your proposed signature for Karabiner.  I get the significance it’s just not the type of thing we can have displayed on the site.  Please remove it from your post and don’t use it going forward.  

He’s with a Brandon.  Read Brandon’s first post and he’s there.  

I am a little worried about this plot line as well, and personally would prefer if the groups he persecuted weren’t exactly the ones hitler did, mostly because I’d be worried about someone reading that out of context or someone with a loved experience of racism or anti-semitism being hurt by what is written.  

I’d be game to share the reckoners, and I definitely like the idea of them finding out about upgrade and trying to eliminate both him and Nicro.  

Problems noted, appropriate changes being made. Thanks for the heads up.

4 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Possibly. I’m not opposed it. However, I’m not sure how available Winter will be during their trip, and I wouldn’t want to leave Kokichi out of such an encounter.

I’ll be fine, I’ll just be posting at weird times and less frequently. That sounds like a good idea.

9 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

The power boost will be only for a split second because the boost triggers the power immediately.  And the boost won't be all the way at first.  At full power, the power will only last for a moment before being shut down for a week, but it will be as strong as a full week of constant usage compressed into one burst.

That doesn't seem to be inline with the profile which says that the outage is dependent on how long the boost is. If that's accurate then I might be raising some concerns about the powerset, having an instant loss of powers for a game week from an RP perspective isn't really that different from permanent power loss. Time moves really slowly. Going to make it really hard for anyone to want to interact with the character.

5 hours ago, winter devotion said:

I’ll be fine, I’ll just be posting at weird times and less frequently. That sounds like a good idea.

Wooo, I'll get something up soon then. :D

33 minutes ago, Voidus said:

That doesn't seem to be inline with the profile which says that the outage is dependent on how long the boost is. If that's accurate then I might be raising some concerns about the powerset, having an instant loss of powers for a game week from an RP perspective isn't really that different from permanent power loss. Time moves really slowly. Going to make it really hard for anyone to want to interact with the character.

It also depends on how strong the boost is.  The thing is, that few second max-boost would be really powerful and uncontrolled, and would kill Nicroburst and probably that person anyways so he's never going to do it unless he's dying anyways and really hates the person who's doing it to him and has physical contact.  So his max boost is mostly theoretical.  But we can cut it to a day's worth if you want (I considered it anyways beforehand), which is still a lot.

The main difference between Nicroburst and Upgrade is that while Upgrade removes limits Nicroburst is kinda pulling the future potential of power usage into the now.

Also, I just realized that Nicroburst would have a good chance of killing 95% of the Epics (besides the MEC) if he manages to get in contact with them.  His ability doesn't affect most PIs, but it would affect any healers if they were actively healing, speeding up the process and leaving them vulnerable for a few seconds.

Whoops, I wrote another essay on my characters powers.  That brings it up to 6-ish?

EDIT: Just remembered like 3 more.  I have another top-secret character who I wrote like 2 essays about that NONE OF YOU KNOW!

Well, except for Edgedancer, of course.

And Drake

And kind-of Voidus.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

28 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Fun fact: Canonically the momentum twins had a childhood friend who was really into anime so she will get a large number of references pretty quickly :P

Also fun fact: Kokichi has probably seen (1) anime in their entire life and has no idea what their entire aesthetic is based off of.