Is this a Sleepless?

KalaDANG

Question

This excerpt is from Oathbringer in a stormshelter in Kholinar.

"Kaladin finished his drink, wishing it were one of Rock's concoctions instead, and flicked away an odd cremling that he spotted clinging to the side of the bench. It had a multitude of legs, and a bulbous body, with a strange tan pattern on its back. Disgusting. Even with the stresses to the city, the proprietor could at least keep this place clean."

Is this a sleepless?

I mean, I doubt that Brandon would have called any special attention to the cremling if it wasn't. I'd still like opinions though. 

Edited by KalaDANG

10 answers to this question

On 8/4/2018 at 6:37 PM, eleventh of the moon said:

wait, whats a sleepless?

A Dysian Aimian. 

They are a hivemind. A single consciousness controlling a horde of cremlings. 

There's one in Edgedancer named Arclo, and another in OB 

Edited by Calderis

Yep, sounds like it! Wit is talking to one at the end of WoR, too.

1 hour ago, Lump-wing said:

That's what I thought too, especially with the "strange tan pattern" in a camp filled with tan-skinned Alethi. Hopefully in SA4 we'll get to see the whole Sleepless person [what is the proper term? "being"?]. :)

Have you read Edgedancer?

On 8/4/2018 at 6:28 PM, KalaDANG said:

You actually see a full sleepless earlier in Oathbringer. It’s Kaza’s interlude thing. The cook.

Yeah, I know, as well as the one in Edgedancer. I meant the Sleepless that we're seeing a part of in this scene - the one with the "tan" patch. Now I want to go back and see if any Alethi we've read about are described as having the kind of clothing that would accommodate a Sleepless well. Not enough hours in the day!