Hydra

Holy storming rust!

Mara froze, but not in the way Max sometimes did. Max, too stopped, both Twinborn staring at the man before them.

Both recognised the face.

It was the face of the man who’d saved them. The face of the one who’d sacrificed himself for two random children, the face of someone who’d killed many but saved more.

As Rashan’s sword glinted in the light, Max remembered that fateful night, the night he and Mara had been tasked with handing it back to Master Sheonar.

Rashan had asked whether they would remember him, and they’d said they would. But now the same man was standing right here, right now. Max could feel himself shake, and Mara resisted the urge to turn back the way she’d came.

The twins whispered to each other strategies:

“Max.”

“Yeah?”

“We’re screwed.”

“I know.”

“Alright then.”

And with that the twins charged Mara

shooting herself up in the air before spraying down a volley of razors and coins, Max running to the side, trying to Riot Rashan’s tiredness and fatigue. The twins had only heard of the man’s power, it was time to see it for themselves.

Maybe they would even be able to talk to the man afterwards, if only to let out the tempest of emotion they were keeping back now.

@Nohadon

Rashan rolled out of the way of Mara's attack, A single razor slashing his arm. He ignored the pain and the rioting and got up in front of Max.

"Max. The Rioter" He whispered

"You joined the ghostbloods? You think they could make you stronger?" Rashan levelled sethramir

"That's not how this works"

Rashan attacked, aiming a kick towards Max's chest then following up with a quick slash with sethramir, he tapped steel, making his hand a jackhammer as he repeatedly began punching Max in the stomach.

Mara watched in shock as Rashan pretty much dodged all of her attack, making his way to Max. To his credit, her brother held his ground.

“You joined the ghostbloods? You think they could make you stronger?"

Max prepared himself.

“That’s not how this works.”

Max barely had time to dodge as a kick enetered his chest, only barely bringing his staff around to block the magic sword. As far as he knew, aluminium could block its Shardblade effects, and the core of Max’s staff happened to be made of that material.

Smiling (kinda), Max tried to advance on Rashan But was met with a flurry of crazy jabs and punches to the stomach. “Rust,”. He muttered.

Overhead, behind Rashan, Mara had landed.

“Max!” Mara called, seeing her brother get beaten up. “Move to the side!” Her brother obliged, rolling to the left, leaving an empty space in front of Rashan.

Preparing herself, Mara supertapped an emergency Nicrosilmind (the first in while) to Push Rashan by his metalminds, his inner metals, whatever metal he had on him to try and launch him into a wall, unleashing a powerful blast of targeted pushing.

@Nohadon

Edited by I think I am here.

Max watched on with confusion as Rashan switched targets in an instant, speeding to Mara. Rioting Mara’s determination, Max focused his enhanced Allomancy on Rashan. He had a lot of little wounds, but Max Rioted him intensely to make him feel extreme pain from them. Hopefully it would put the assassin down. Taking a running start, Max leaped and took a hold of one of Rashan’s legs, bringing out his glass knife for a stab.

Mara yelped as Rashan swung his magical sword at her, only barely avoiding being torn to shreds. Landing a jump, she saw Max grab Rashan’s leg, and, still pushing on Rashan slightly to slow him, Mara brought out of her obsidian shortswords and launched at Rashan at top speed, swords outstretched.

She’d heard a similar move happened in the Rashan vs. Master Sheonar duel, before her time. Rashan supposedly had charged at full speed at Devaan, sword outstretched. Mara hoped Rashan wasn’t prepared for his own tricks used against him. As Mara Pushed off of the wall with the strength a normal coinshot never could, she realised it was Master Sheonar who won that fight.

@Nohadon

Edited by I think I am here.

Rashan saw Mara coming, the atium shadow giving her away. He laughed and went to sidestep the attack.

He stumbled, When had Max grabbed his leg?

Mara collided with Rashan, he felt one of the short sword skewered his right shoulder. A flash of realisation hit him. The fog of anger and disgust cleared.

"Mara?" He asked, confused.

"You've grown up so much"

Rashan started to fade again, drifting back into the cognitive realm.

"I don't have much time, but we can talk for a bit, before I pass into the beyond"

@I think I am here.

Edited by Nohadon

Mara kneeled before the downed Rashan, one of her obsidian short-swords through one of his shoulders. Was this real? Or just a copy to fool Max and her?

“Why’d you’d save us?” She asked just as Max got up, crawling over to the two of them. He was bleeding, but not by too much.

“What’s our purpose?” He added. “Everyone says you could see into the future, so why’d you sacrifice yourself for us? Why us?”

@Nohadon

Rashan smiled.

"What's anyone's purpose?" He looked at the twins

"To live, to feel, to do anything you want to do. I saved you not because I saw anything in you two. I can't see that far ahead. But because I saw two children, in need of help, you don't owe me anything. I only ask of you two things"

Oh wow, I am so sorry I didn't respond earlier, procrastination strikes again.

"Don't be burdened by me or my legacy. You can''t be weighed down by me." Rashan began to fade into white light.

"And tell Devaan that it wasn't his fault. Tell Devaan that I thank him for taking care of you two" Rashan Caer, Ghostblood assassin, faded into strands of white light.

Congratulations, you have passed the trial of the armour. Claim it and exit

The strands of light coalesced into two sets of armour, one gleaming blue, pulsating slightly, the red helm was pointed and the visor left only the eyes unprotected. The chest plate was simple unadorned blue, the shoulders pointed and sharp. The armoured legs were made of interwoven blue plates, allowing free movement, the knees were also pointed, extending into curled spikes.

The other armour next to it was green, it looked similar but was rounded, focusing more on defence and durability. It looked heavy, instead of pulsating, the green armour shimmered softly, subtly.

The Door back to the bar opened on it's own, several skeletons were suddenly visible around the room, various personal belongings around. One had a diary on it, another was holding a golden sword, another clutched a six-shooter in it's skeletal hand, a bullet hole visible in it's skull.

This is what you could have been. You did well to pass these trials, the rest shall not be as easy as this. Good luck, adventurers.

@I think I am here.