thejopen27

I was looking for places where Jesrien might be hiding in the present story.  If he has become corrupted, like Shalash who instead of creating art and beauty destroys art (especially statues of herself) and Nale who brings a twisted evil form of justice that appears to be playing into the hands of Odium by destroying Radiants, and possibly Pailiah who may be the ardent assisting Taravangian with the silent gathering instead of healing, he would probably have taken up power for himself but in a twisted way that instead of leading by example and inspiring he became a despotic tyrant that led in fear. 

One example that is mentioned in both books is the Godking in Tukar in Sesemalex Dar who is being worshiped by the Tukari and the Emuli.  In tWoK an ardent mentions that he thinks the war between the Tukari led by their godking and the Emuli is really about control of the city and Kaladin flies over the city and sees a war in the area. 

In WoR we learn that Mraize doesn't think that the "creature" in Tukar is human or "at least not the local variety" and we learn from Mr. T's guard/master that the war there has gone on for six years. (I'm not good at siting and don't have my book.)

This seems like something a twisted, broken, corrupted Jesrien would do. Set himself up as Godking and convince two factions to go to war over him.

Now it's possible Nale is just a little off and truly thinks what he's doing is helping and Ash just really hates that people make statues of her and the rest of the Heralds are fine but that seems unlikely.

Just my theory feel free to rip it apart, question it, or point me to someone else who has already stated it better.

Edited by thejopen27

Sounds possible to me, but I'm not well-versed in Herald theory to really say much.

I would just point out, there's a theory around that Jesrien was the guy talking to himself at the Beggar's Feast, who Szeth walks past in the prologue of TWoK.:

A man with a long grey and black beard slumped in the doorway, smiling foolishly — though whether from wine or a weak mind, Szeth could not tell.

“Have you seen me?” the man asked with slurred speech. He laughed, then began to speak in gibberish, reaching for a wineskin. So it was drink after all. Szeth brushed by, continuing past a line of statues depicting the Ten Heralds from ancient Vorin theology. Jezerezeh, Ishi, Kelek, Talenelat.

And I had a personal crackpot theory that  Rysn had seen Jesrien due to a weird description on her part about drooling Shin grass, and based on the Lift Interlude where Darkness/Nalan comments 

“Praise Yaezir,” he said. “Herald of Kings. May he lead in wisdom. If he ever stops drooling.”

So, that's about all I know on the subject.

Edited by Delightful

I don't have time to crack my theory at the moment, but I had this feeling when Rock told his story at the camp about his people and the nature of the Horneater Peaks.

So, basically, he was talking about a man that was inhabiting the warm pools at the top of the mountains. In my opinion, that may be Honor's shardpool (since Urithiru is like very very close and it was said to be built near Honor) and it makes sense for me, of all the Heralds, Jezrien would be the one living there.

I don't have time to crack my theory at the moment, but I had this feeling when Rock told his story at the camp about his people and the nature of the Horneater Peaks.

So, basically, he was talking about a man that was inhabiting the warm pools at the top of the mountains. In my opinion, that may be Honor's shardpool (since Urithiru is like very very close and it was said to be built near Honor) and it makes sense for me, of all the Heralds, Jezrien would be the one living there.

Is this the same person who emerged from the pool and insulted him? Because I'm 99.99% sure that was Hoid worldhopping.

The Shardpool was green and referred to as the "water of life" by Rock. I really don't think they're Honor's Shardpool.

I think when Nalan spoke he said "Praise Jaesir, Herald of kings." Stop. Then he shifted to talking about the new Prime who was probably disheveled from being mostly dead a minute earlier and may have been drooling when he said "may he rule in wisdom, if he ever stops drooling."

• Chaos locked this topic