Long Game 45: The House War

Straw

I know of at least one more. The romantic who used to be in my house, (RIP <REDACTED>) said that they had a contact. Assuming that they weren't lying, their partner isn't dead. Of course, I'm probably getting targeted by a bunch of night votes right now by that house.

I would gladly tell y'all, but if I do tell, then they will kill me. 

I'm not going to move on this info until day time, so that those who are in the same house as this person won't have the cover of darkness to hide under.

Edited by MacThorstenson

1 hour ago, MacThorstenson said:

I know of at least one more. The romantic who used to be in my house, (RIP <REDACTED>) said that they had a contact. Assuming that they weren't lying, their partner isn't dead. Of course, I'm probably getting targeted by a bunch of night votes right now by that house.

I would gladly tell y'all, but if I do tell, then they will kill me. 

I'm not going to move on this info until day time, so that those who are in the same house as this person won't have the cover of darkness to hide under.

Why would someone want you dead for knowing that their Romantic partner is dead? (I.e. you're simply going to inform everyone of the name of said player)

Or do you mean you have info about them that makes you think their house will want you dead?

Your message seems to imply the former, which is why I'm confused. I'm not asking you to divulge the info yet though. 

25 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

Why would someone want you dead for knowing that their Romantic partner is dead? (I.e. you're simply going to inform everyone of the name of said player)

Or do you mean you have info about them that makes you think their house will want you dead?

Your message seems to imply the former, which is why I'm confused. I'm not asking you to divulge the info yet though. 

Its advantageous to remain anonymous in this game. 

Lets say that venture has one more fellow. If he/she reveals themselves, then they are screwed. Chances are they have no power to offset the lynch that would inevitably follow.

If the romantics house reveals what house I am a member of, then any allies I may or may not have will abandon me to avoid being caught in the crossfire, even my own house members may vote on me so that they can try to remain a member of the faceless masses. I will die quickly.

I don't want to give up the advantage of being anonymous until I can take that advantage away from them as well.

Edited by MacThorstenson

It takes more effort than optimal to look at the list, so here are some varieties

Only living

Spoiler

1. MacThorstenson (Malcolm MacClaimen)
2. ElephantEarwax (Rend)
4. RippleGylf (Claire Lepinceau)
6. Elandera (Dera Renault)
8. Steeldancer (Steel)
12. Shqueeves (???)
14. Dalinar Kholin (Kadgar)
15. Mark IV (Mark)

Grouped by house

Spoiler

UNKNOWN

1. MacThorstenson (Malcolm MacClaimen)
2. ElephantEarwax (Rend)
8. Steeldancer (Steel)
12. Shqueeves (???)
15. Mark IV (Mark)

ELARIEL

3. Araris Valerian (Hadrian Penrod) Elariel Romantic/Rioter

13. Arinian (Faron Elverein) Elariel Orator

VENTURE

5. Mraize (Rhazien) Venture Romantic/Seeker
7. Eternum (Aiden Ostlin) Venture Secretive

11. Bort (Jynx) Venture Shy/Tineye

21. The Young Pyromancer (Limerick) Venture Informant

LEKAL

9. Frozen Mint (Mint) Lekal Shy/Lurcher

17. Kidpen (Amati) Lekal Gossip/Mistborn

18. Walin (Torden) Lekal Informant

HASTING

10. I think I am here (Itiah) Hasting Romantic/Tineye
16. Snipexe (Snip Exeutor) Hasting Underground Contacts/Soother

20. Cadmium Compounder (Seamin)Hasting Well Connected/Thug

TEKIAL

19. Amanuensis (Jeda Renaud) Tekiel Romantic/Mistborn
22. Fifth Scholar (Duilin) Tekiel Informant/Smoke

[Writeup to be edited in later.]

Walin is dead (again)! He was a Informant in House Lekal.

MacThorstenson is dead! He was a Underground Contacts in House Tekiel.

Walin (2): Anonymous

Shqueeves (1): Anonymous

Mark IV (1): Anonymous

Elandera (1): Anonymous

MacThorstenson (2): Anonymous, Anonymous

The Day will end on May 25, at 5:00 PM EST.

bla_1527282000.png

List of Players:

1. MacThorstenson (Malcolm MacClaimen) TekielUnderground Contacts
2. ElephantEarwax (Rend)
3. Araris Valerian (Hadrian Penrod) Elariel Romantic/Rioter
5. Mraize (Rhazien) Venture Romantic/Seeker
7. Eternum (Aiden Ostlin) Venture Secretive
8. Steeldancer (Steel)
9. Frozen Mint (Mint) Lekal Shy/Lurcher

10. I think I am here (Itiah) Hasting Romantic/Tineye
11. Bort (Jynx) Venture Shy/Tineye
12. Shqueeves (???)
13. Arinian (Faron Elverein) Elariel Orator
15. Mark IV (Mark)
16. Snipexe (Snip Exeutor) Hasting Underground Contacts/Soother

17. Kidpen (Amati) Lekal Gossip/Mistborn

18. Walin (Torden) Lekal Informant
19. Amanuensis (Jeda Renaud) Tekiel Romantic/Mistborn
20. Cadmium Compounder (Seamin) Hasting Well Connected/Thug
21. The Young Pyromancer (Limerick) Venture Informant
22. Fifth Scholar (Duilin) Tekiel Informant/Smoker

Edited by Straw

The only Orator we had confirmed was Arinian, who was lynched a few cycles later. 

Based on the fact Walin was already dead before he got lynched (again) this cycle, I think the Orator is someone who has been less active in the forum.

The vote count that is throwing me off was the turn Itiah was lynched:

Itiah (8): Mraize, Araris, Mac, Steel, Elephant, Ripple, Walin

The people it could still be (Steel, Elephant, Ripple) have all voted since with no extra vote in the count.

@Straw, I just want to confirm that count on Itiah was correct.

That makes a lot more sense. Which leaves Dalinar to be the only possibility for Orator. Everyone else alive has voted in Day Turns with no extra vote. Dalinar has yet to cast a vote during the day, which is awfully suspicious anyways. 

11 hours ago, Straw said:

Hmm... it looks like I made a mistake on that vote count.

Straw, you cannot be this careless when running a game. That one screw up changed the entire game, judging from what has been said in the thread. That vote should have been enough to all but identify the final Orator, something it looks like multiple Houses were working on, and yet your mistake shifted everyone into thinking they were wrong, that the Orator must be elsewhere, giving the Orator, who can already manipulate the votes in their favour, an advantage.

Who is your backup GM? If you don't have one, why not? They would have been able to help avoid errors like this.

I'm sorry if I come across as being a bit of a Dungspren, and I know you put a lot of work into running one of these things, but you do need to be careful about stuff like this.

Corrected vote count:

Araris (6): Bort, I think I am here, Cadmium Compounder, Mark IV, Anonymous, Elandera

I think I am here (7): Mraize, Araris, MacThorstenson, Steeldancer, ElephantEarwax, RippleGylf, Walin

I'm an orater seeker, the only person left in my house. You can claim that it's a good idea to get rid of me b/c of my orator powers, but that will mean you'll lose. I got the seeker a couple of nights ago, I know two Elariels, including  Elandera. I'm not sure if they have two or three, but judging by the abilities I saw I suspect three. If you kill me this game could be over by nightfall. I give all the remaining houses a choice. Kill me, and lose. Or don't kill me, and stand a chance. Up to you :)

We have only two, meaning we have just the same voting power as Dalinar. The reason I suspect he thinks three is because I have no allomantic abilities. We just haven't had the luck of the draw while being with the least number in the house (which, admittedly had been only for a cycle or two).

Would you rather have one person who controls a majority of votes? Or two (one who you already know because of Dalinar)?

I'll give you better logic, vote for the person who has two votes yet no allomantic abilities and takes one kill action to kill. Or vote for a team it takes to kill actions to kill (with maybe a third player), and has a kill ability. It's a smokescreen, kill the orater because they're 'scary' and then stomp on everyone else.

Edited by Dalinar Kholin

There's one house out there with two players left aside from Elariel (which has only two left). That house stands just as much chance at winning, or probably even better now that Dalinar outed me as Elariel. It would be advantageous for that house to stay anonymous, a difficult thing when there's a seeker willing to release secrets upon threat of lynch.

I have no allomantic ability, and can easily be killed by a coinshot or a night lynch. I understand at this point my death is inevitable, and I'm just presenting arguments of why I'm really not a long-term threat to any other house.

With all due respect your claim of having two left is empty, of course you would claim that if you had three people left. And no, there house stands a better chance lynching you than me because they will be left facing a fragmented opposition. Even if your claim is true and your team has two left, nonetheless, you would be able to coordinate with your teammate in order to plan lynches. Two players have two lives and two votes and abilities. I have two votes and one life. Not to mention I'm outed and vulnerable. What benefit do they gain from killing me they don't from killing you? What value does a lone orater pose with a night phase coming up and no team to defend me?

12 hours ago, Mark IV said:

With 7 people remaining on the roster, I think I concur with Elandera with regards to voting for Dalinar  

Dalinar, what have you to say?

What do you think of my argument? @Mark IV

@ElephantEarwax What is solid about Elandera's logic?