Hiya people!

Ashly Vye

@Ashly Vye, welcome to the shard and have an upvote! Sorry that your thread turned into a hemalurgic battleground, this happens sometimes. I hope that you enjoy your time here! They have a Wikipedia article about High Imperial? Could you link it? And have a penguin!*

Penguin.jpg
*Does not contain spikes. When adulthood is reached, likelihood of explosively imitating rocketships increases by a chance of 24601.0642%.

@I am Witless  Hi!

... Thanks for the penguin.  Is it one of those penguins in Alcatraz that can fly?  That'd be awesome.

Here's the link, but I just realized it was in the Coppermind and not on Wikipedia: https://coppermind.net/wiki/High_Imperial  Doesn't the Coppermind look a lot like Wikipedia?  And why is Coppermind getting spellchecked?!  ;)

Hemalurgy is really cool, I think (Allomancy is better though! ~ Also, has anyone else started talking like Sazed with the 'I think''s) so I don't mind (much) that this has become a battleground for it, as long as I don't get spiked.  Actually, who cares if you get spiked?  Harmony isn't going to try to mind control you or whatever.

*thinks over what I just said* Wait, actually, I don't want to be spiked.  I do care.  It's gruesome.  Where dose the DA get all the spikes from anyway? ....

Spoilers are usually only spoliers if the book came out within the last year, or if it's important and spoilery info. But this is your intro topic so... *shrug*. 

Edit: random details are usually okay

Edited by Archer

54 minutes ago, Mistspren said:

@LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian @MacThorstenson I have no wish to duel, nor any ill will toward some you. If ElephantEarwax’s soul theft schemes truly are separate from the DA it is good news, but any organization finding itself on such moral ground walks a slippery slope. Hemalurgy is proven to be dangerous, mind altering and potentially fatal work that requires a great cost in blood to perpetuate. Offering such substances to unwanting and unknowing naive audiences is not only wrong, but also could be construed as manslaughter or murder, or at least assault if it is not fatal, not to mention those killed to make the spikes. Look earlier in this thread to see @Tesh offering such a cookie to see the proof of this.

I wish not for a duel, only to point out that minor hippocracy is not equal to such actions.

I would also like to apologize for turning this into a battleground. This will be my last post about the topic, then I suggest that we move this to another thread if needed.

I would like to officially state that none of the cookies that we give to new comers are in any way lethal or non-removable. In order for a spike to rip off a piece of your soul, it needs to b pulled through the body. These spikes, some of you may have realized, never get pulled through the body. They are embedded in the stomach and are no more mind altering then a soothing or rioting. These spikes are easily removable with assistance from the DA.

Any test subjects that we experiment on are completely aware about what exactly is going to happen.

People who are used to create spikes are those who deserve to be. The Dark alley has for a long time been a place to dispose of the more, unsavory, aspects of society.

Finally, hemalurgy is the great equalizer in society. With hemalurgy you are able to rise above your birth conditions, and not be limited by your DNA. It allows someone without invested parents to become something great. This is the reason we support this most graceful of sciences. Hemalurgy is a science, and like any other, it is able to be used in safe humane ways, or dangerous evil ways. The Dark Alley has been long dedicated toward pushing it in the former direction, and trying to push its abilities to help society as far as they can go.