At what point did you want to break your wrist and considered tossing the book? (Full Book)

eveorjoy

I read a couple reviews, where the author loved WoR nonetheless, still wanted to toss it in frustration at least during one point of the story. For me, it was when Amaram came walking into the menagerie wearing a golden "Knights Radiant" cloak. 

Did this happen to you? What was the most frustrating moment for you in WoR?

When Sadeas told Adolin he was going to keep doing the exactly same thing in the next book that he'd already spent an entire book doing: petty schemes against Dalinar.

It was nice of him to die immediately afterwards. But for one page there, I was so mad at the book. I felt like it was ruining the ending, even.

When Sadeas told Adolin he was going to keep doing the exactly same thing in the next book that he'd already spent an entire book doing: petty schemes against Dalinar.

It was nice of him to die immediately afterwards. But for one page there, I was so mad at the book. I felt like it was ruining the ending, even.

I thought this too.  It was ridiculous.  I have a hard time believing someone as smart as Sadeas would've even taken this stance to be honest.  There were 25,000 people who saw the the Parshendi change, including two other Highprinces.  This is no longer Dalinar having visions, it's reality.  A man as Smart as Sadeas would've changed tactics at that point.  Glad to see his character was eliminated at that point.

I have to say however, I was disappointed in how he went. All this talk of Sadeas being a good swordsman and we never saw it. I think his death will do interesting things to Adolin. I had no issue with that. Sadeas was just disappointing as a character in this book. A step down from TWoKs, but maybe other better villains needed to be expanded on.

Hmm... a couple times:

When we saw Jasnah die (Ch6 or so)

When Kaladin decided to become complicit in Moash's scheme

When the Stormfather told Kaladin that he had killed Syl.

Kaladin's challenge of Amaram - we KNEW that wouldn't end well...

All mine have already been mentioned, but I'll say them again.

Amaram revealed as the head of the re-established KRs - I had to walk that one off hardcore. I actually got on here right after that (even though I'd promised myself I'd avoid this place until I was done) so that I could cool down.

Kal challenging Amaram and then emo prison Kal.

Syl being dead. I KNEW she had to come back, but I was hurting nonetheless. If Syl had been gone forever, WoR would have went flying out my second story window.

Edited by Luke.spence

-When Kaladin was killing Syl i wanted to  KILL him.

-I also hated Adolin for the first half of the book he later redeemed himself when he quit being a douche.

-When Kal got crippled i looked up from the book and 'gulped' then i soldiered on

-A lack of Thaidakar and Restares which i was looking forward to (not a big part of the story but im dying to meet them)

- Thought Emo Kal died but he was resurrected several time throughout the book

- Axies ther collector poor fella was hoping for him to pop up more/ didn't read Rysn interlude in the pre chapters that was a nice surprise (he and Kaladin should have a talk about the imprisonment spren)

Maybe a few more points i can't remember but it was still so epic!

One of my highlights was Jasnah and Wit i fan girled so hard at that point i actually squealed!! 

• Chaos locked this topic