Your favourite moments in WOR? (spoilers)

Aniki

That moment when Renarin joined the duel before Kaladin did without his Shardplate, with almost no training, against four fully armed Shardbearers who have bribed the judge to let them maim opponents, and oh yeah he summoned his screaming Shardblade and held his ground against expert duelist opponents through the middle of a seizure.

Remember when that happened? Remember when that was a thing? Kaladin touched a Shardblade for like... two seconds and could barely endure it. Renarin held his for days on end to bond it and then willingly summoned it to protect his brother. Get on Renarin's level, Kaladin.

Like dang. Renarin Kholin, y'all.

"I am offend!" Shallan basically taking the boots from Kaladin was so freaking hilarious, I nearly dropped the book.

Pretty much any Kaladin/Shallan interaction. Highlights including them listing out reasons why being in the chasms was great, talking about their pasts in the highstorm, and Kaladin seeing the most beautiful thing in his life. I nearly died in that last one, because he's thought that no one has ever felt the same way as him before, and Shallan proves him dead wrong. And it was glorious.

That aside, Kaladin hiding Elhokar with Lopen's mother is absolutely comedy gold. 

Also, Kaladin standing up to Moash to defend Elhokar, because it's the right thing to do. Realizing he was selfish in not defending him made me cheer in joy. And the fact that, without Stormlight, he stands up and tries to defend him after being punched in the gut by a Shardbearer which resulted in terrible internal injuries, suffering a side wound and a horrendously torn up leg, and getting over the grief of losing Syl. That takes superhuman levels of awesome to do.

And of course, all the epic fight scenes. Especially whenever Kaladin heals from a Shardblade wound.

That moment when Renarin joined the duel before Kaladin did without his Shardplate, with almost no training, against four fully armed Shardbearers who have bribed the judge to let them maim opponents, and oh yeah he summoned his screaming Shardblade and held his ground against expert duelist opponents through the middle of a seizure.

Remember when that happened? Remember when that was a thing? Kaladin touched a Shardblade for like... two seconds and could barely endure it. Renarin held his for days on end to bond it and then willingly summoned it to protect his brother. Get on Renarin's level, Kaladin.

Yea I gotta say he's becoming pretty badass, mental as all hell, but badass.

So would you say you like Renarin as a character? ;)

So would you say you like Renarin as a character? ;)

*SCREAMS LOUDLY ABOUT RENARIN KHOLIN FOREVER*

People who do not appreciate Renarin get served, essay-style. Don't even mess with me on Renarin. Those who do forfeit their soul, well-being, and any protection against the depths of my protective machinations•

That aside, Kaladin hiding Elhokar with Lopen's mother is absolutely comedy gold. 

I sincerely hope the mexic.. erm sorry herdazian simplicity and humbleness is a good influence for Elhokar. It's time that this whiny brat becomes a man and who is a better rolemodel then THE Lopen ?

I think the two biggest contenders for me are Kaladin speaking his ideal and Szeth obtaining nightblood. I think my favorite small detail was Kaladin seeing a captivityspren, which Axes is beginning to think are mythological.

I'd say the Chasm scene is probably my favorite scene in the book, though even so it was somewhat up-and-down. While it was still enjoyable, there wasn't anything in WoR that compared to For the bridgemen (my vote for the best scene in the series to date).

I have to say that my favourite moment was when I was sure Syl wasn't dead, I was sooooo happy (I mean for 400-500 Pages I really wasn't sure). And then just this hugh landslide of glory following....

Well and of course the prophetic "Honor is dead"- uhhh shivers.

And Of course Lopen glowing... Can you imagine his running commentary while he is killing voidbringers???  

I thought Kaladin, Adolin and Shallan recognising Wit/Hoid in succession was hilarious

"You!" "Me!"

Any scene involving Wit, really.

Lopen regrowing his arm was definitely one of the most epic moments in the book. Sadly this means no more 'armless' jokes.

Finding out Syl can turn into any type of weapon at will. I wonder if this is unique to her.

Finally, Kaladin/Shallan interactions in the chasms.

Instead of Armless jokes you get "What happened when the one armed Herdazian grew his arm back? He was a handful!"

*SCREAMS LOUDLY ABOUT RENARIN KHOLIN FOREVER*

People who do not appreciate Renarin get served, essay-style. Don't even mess with me on Renarin. Those who do forfeit their soul, well-being, and any protection against the depths of my protective machinations•

I did not like Renarin in WOR please don't hit me  Mostly because we can see that he had some major character growth and was going through a lot of things, but we have to infer almost all of it.  We know it happened, but we didn't get to see it.  

Edit:  I did love the scene when Renarin went out into the arena when none of the other shardbearers was willing to help.  The king and Amaram had their chance here and they were too scared.

Edited by Daishi5

May I ask which chapter and scene you are referring to? I just made myself coffee, so I'm a bit slow.

I was referring to the scene in WoK where Dalinar trades his Shardblade to Sadeas for the bridgemen - the most impactful scene in my opinion thus far in the series.

Elohkar comes clean to Kaladin and begs to be taught how to be a good leader. Because after Patterns clue bat on how to resurrect  dead spren it was obvious what Kaladin had to do in order to save Syl, but I really felt that Elohkar deserved to die, and him willing to learn and improve changed that.

Shallan killing her father, it was so intimate. Reminds me of Will Smith killing his dog in I Am Legend.

Any scene where Shallan and Kaladin show how good they fit together but specifically in the chams. this got me shipping them and I really hope that they get together because right now she's basically choosing Adolin based on looks and money not honesty, trust and understanding.

Lift!

And off course people doing awesome stuff in awesome ways.

When Wit started going after Amaram at the party. Maybe i'm reading too much into his actions, but it seemed to me that Wit was kind of pissed at what Amaram did to Kaladin and was trying to stand up for Kaladin, in a way.

When Wit started going after Amaram at the party. Maybe i'm reading too much into his actions, but it seemed to me that Wit was kind of pissed at what Amaram did to Kaladin and was trying to stand up for Kaladin, in a way.

I don't know about pissed, but he obviously knew about it (and/or whatever else Amaram has done and covered up), and was obliquely referencing it.

My favorite part was the duel with Kaladin suddenly jumping inside the arena.

I also like the part where Kaladin and Shallan bicker when they first meet and the time when Shallan arrived in the Shattered Plains.

I also like the part when Kaladin and Shallan fell into the chasm...hehehe...

Lastly, I like the part when Kaladin got his power back and then flew to save Dalinar.

I was just disappointed that Kaldin and Szeth didnt really have an epic fight...They just spend their time flying and then just clashing blades...I was kinda hoping that they ended up fighting in a crowded area and the people there look amazed to see these two fighting and flying around...ahahaha

I was just disappointed that Kaldin and Szeth didnt really have an epic fight...They just spend their time flying and then just clashing blades...I was kinda hoping that they ended up fighting in a crowded area and the people there look amazed to see these two fighting and flying around...ahahaha

All I was thinking there was: "Great. Now he turned into Superman...." I loved how Syl can change her form, but all that flying around was a little bit too much for my taste.

I liked how Jasnah came back.. the way she did reminded me a whole lot of the gateways in Wheel of Time.