[OB] Who I see when I read Oathbringer

bdoble97

Dalinar-William Hurt specifically from Ridley Scott's Robin Hood I know I know he doesn't have a beard but this is how I picture him. 

Kaldin-that art work haha. I also kind of pitch johnny boycheck a defenseman who plays for New York Islanders

Adolin-youg Chris Hemsworth

Shallan-Rose Leslie still not 100% sure on that one. 

Jasanh- Olivia Wilde 200% sure on that one.

Renarin- Ezra Miller

Navni- Eva Green

Azura-"V" Keira Knightley

Wit- Tom Hiddleston pretty sure I'm not the only one that thinks this one

Moash- Jared Leto

Evi- Michelle Pfeiffer been in love with her ever since Batman

Szeth- kind of look like the ancient one from Doctor Strange hahaha

Syl- a mix between Amanda Seyfried Kristen Bell

Gavilar-Ray Fiennes

20171112_123315.jpg

latest.png

2017-12-04-18-54-58-.jpg

nintchdbpict0002251774451-e1482144312176.jpg

MV5BMWJiYmFjZDAtYjYwMi00M2NkLWJlNTgtMzgzZjU0NTBkY2Q4L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzExOTQxNjM@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

591f9385095ed312e3218facc4e4db36--ezra-miller-attractive-guys.jpg

42aa9c66246089d7511ad7c1b3d5ef96.jpg

AN13059911Cast member Keira.jpg

7ffe8225ab92f01f019eb5b810a7d1c9--loki-marvel-loki-thor.jpg

jared-leto-variety-1.jpg

michelle-pfeiffer-blonde-curly-hair-in-loose-romantic-updo.jpg

the-ancient-one-doctor-strange_a-G-14756059-0.jpg

32d866625260799157b3760fecd10b6c.jpg

6_Kristen-Bell.jpg

8253d878d0c444fee44a5e82adecb34f--ralph-fiennes-bearded-men.jpg

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] Who I see when I read Oathbringer

I would like to add some more maybe somebody will agree with me I don't know. Qeen Fen- Charlize Theron specifically from Snow White looks like she doesn't take any BS from people just like the queen

Rock- that artwork and Triple H for some reason plus he's got a really thick Russian accent

Lopen- Azar Med

Lyn- instantly thought of Debra Morgan from Dexter I'm being lazy I don't know the actresses name right when she said storm it to Kaladin when he said she could be a scribe made me think of Deborah

Teft- old guy from The Blade trilogy from the very beginning a way of Kings I thought of this guy as Teft being lazy again should look up that actors name but I'm at work and should be working instead of doing this

2bc8a29c099229c7cf8a88740b93c2c4.jpg

latest-1.png

Triple-H-2.jpeg

Riz-Ahmed.jpg

250.jpg

MV5BODM4NDY5MTYyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjg1ODE2._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Been waiting for someone to make a headcanon actors thread!

Dalinar - Jeremy Irons

http://www.jeremyirons.com/gallery/albums/Batch%20Files/KOH%20Caps/normal_koh_00002.jpg

Kaladin – Used to be different, but has now been influenced by character art, including WoR cover.

Jasnah - Thandie Newton, from Westworld. OR Zoe Saldana, sometimes, for some reason.

Image result for thandie newton

Image result for zoe saldana

Renarin - Ezra Miller is actually pretty spot on.

Navani - Vanessa Williams

Image result for vanessa williams

Wit - Javier Munoz (Hamilton) which I admit is kind of funny. Pictured here on the right

Image result for javier munoz

Szeth - A skinnier, two-eyed version of Tien from Dragonball Z, also hilarious, not only for the choice but because there's already a character named Tien in the story.

Image result for tien

Teft: Kristofer Hivju, but for some reason I picture him with a bandana on the top of his head like a pirate.

Related image

Nale: Rodrigo Santoro, another Westworld actor.
Image result for westworld bad cowboy

Odium: Anthony Hopkins as Odin, from Thor. Also another Westworld character! Interesting... Image result for anthony hopkins odin
Edited by Randall Thor
Bolding

I think Anthony Hopkins works really well as a god character, and whether I made the connection through the names being similar or just how Odium carries himself, it's the strongest imagery I have when reading the book. I can literally hear his voice and picture his mannerisms, as Hopkins can pull off benign wizened old man or menacing terrifying old villain very well, and has combined them in the past. Odium's seductive and corrupting nature, complete with dominating intelligence really fits Hopkins' style.

40 minutes ago, Randall Thor said:

I think Anthony Hopkins works really well as a god character, and whether I made the connection through the names being similar or just how Odium carries himself, it's the strongest imagery I have when reading the book. I can literally hear his voice and picture his mannerisms, as Hopkins can pull off benign wizened old man or menacing terrifying old villain very well, and has combined them in the past. Odium's seductive and corrupting nature, complete with dominating intelligence really fits Hopkins' style.

I can't agree with you anymore I thought of him as Odium just the way Anthony Hopkins talks is perfect always like he knows more than you he's more intelligent than you perfect

26 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

Kaladin is most certainly Pedro Pascal with long hair...

4502019-6359592372-

I Love A Song of Ice and Fire but I've only seen season 1 of Game of Thrones so I can't really give an opinion on this actor is it just because he looks like him or his characteristics are very much like Kaladin. This picture is excellent though

8 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

I Love A Song of Ice and Fire but I've only seen season 1 of Game of Thrones so I can't really give an opinion on this actor is it just because he looks like him or his characteristics are very much like Kaladin. This picture is excellent though

The character (Oberlyn Martell) is not like Kaladin at all, but Pedro Pascal is an excellent actor so I'd guess he could pull off Kaladin. Pedro Pascal is just who I always pictured in my head when I thought of Kaladin. Ironically, I read WoK before he was introduced on GoT. This just reinforced it for me.

12 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

The character (Oberlyn Martell) is not like Kaladin at all, but Pedro Pascal is an excellent actor so I'd guess he could pull off Kaladin. Pedro Pascal is just who I always pictured in my head when I thought of Kaladin. Ironically, I read WoK before he was introduced on GoT. This just reinforced it for me.

O thats great hahah

But the Alethe are supposed to be slightly Asian looking and the Shin have the round eyes. I thought that was pretty much Brandon playing with tropes. The Oriental like culture has the round eyes while the European medieval type culture has the epicanthic fold and darker tan skin.

I like the Korean actors listed on the TOR site when they had this discussion.

26 minutes ago, GoddessIMHO said:

But the Alethe are supposed to be slightly Asian looking and the Shin have the round eyes. I thought that was pretty much Brandon playing with tropes. The Oriental like culture has the round eyes while the European medieval type culture has the epicanthic fold and darker tan skin.

Yes you are right that Brandon Sanderson said that.  I remember seeing the actors tor website picked.  I didn't like any of them except for they're picked  for Shallan. I remember recently watching a Brandon Sanderson interview or lecture on YouTube where  he said that however you pronounce the character's name is the correct way in your head and however you see the character in your head is the correct way for you so these are the characters as I see them when I read them. 

1 hour ago, bdoble97 said:

Tav/Vargo- (remember how spell his last name or his last name. Head of the diagram) the old guy from Game of Thrones in originally from Empire Strikes Back AT AT General guy...

Mr. T for me: Willoughby Gray. I imagined his (feigned) kindly attitude matched the benevolent old King from the Princess Bride.

https://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/993b5223-bd6b-41bd-87d8-60b18a4f8d5b/bee3168d-cb72-4778-8650-1b013d55150a.jpg

1 hour ago, GoddessIMHO said:

That's good for fanart, but when I read a book I imagine the characters as actors or other people from other things I've seen. Though I do imagine original looking characters based on descriptions from books, the imagery is a lot stronger when I can put a familiar face, with its own unique voice and expressions, behind a character in action.

4 minutes ago, Randall Thor said:

Mr. T for me: Willoughby Gray. I imagined his (feigned) kindly attitude matched the benevolent old King from the Princess Bride.

https://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/993b5223-bd6b-41bd-87d8-60b18a4f8d5b/bee3168d-cb72-4778-8650-1b013d55150a.jpg

That's good for fanart, but when I read a book I imagine the characters as actors or other people from other things I've seen. Though I do imagine original looking characters based on descriptions from books, the imagery is a lot stronger when I can put a familiar face, with its own unique voice and expressions, behind a character in action.

Great guy for Mr. T. 

SZETH – Given his spot on detective work, and novel solutions to Skybreaker challenges, I think he should be David Soutchey (otherwise known as Hercule Poirot) and I think Sword Nimi would make an excellent Dr. Watson. The following has been photo-shopped slightly to enhance his shin eyes and to reveal the true genius of his detective work.

SzethSonSonPoirot.jpg.1987595a45c2f97e94f1f77367dde545.jpg

DALINAR – This is totally who I see when I read about Dalinar, he has that rugged handsomeness of a crater filled moon, he looks like a freaking boulder and you can tell he is a total badass, Jürgen Prochnow, otherwise known as the captain from Daas Boot and Duke Leto Atreides from David Lynch's Dune. Also, I totally think Dalinar should walk around with the axe hound equivalent of a pug.

paul+leto.jpg

THE LOPEN – This guy has that strange charismatic energy that reminds me of the Lopen, this is who I think of whenever I think of the Lopen, Alfonso Arau, El Jeffe from the 3 Amigos and Juan the superfan druglord from Romancing the Stone:

MV5BNDkxOTE1OWItZDY0NS00NDUzLWFmNGEtMjEw

SHALLAN – This one has a lot to do with the crazy unkempt red hair, but if you strip away the cartoony-ness of this, it's exactly what I see when I think of Shallan, and I think temperament-wise they are similar too. Merida from Brave:

Brave-disney-pixar-brave-26915718-1280-7

MR. T – The seer character in Krull is actually quite a bit like the real Mr. T, maybe that's why it's the first image that I associated with Taravangian after learning about his work with the Diagram, before this I would have picked Willoughby Gray like @Randall Thor did. But once you know just how EVIL Mr. T can be, then it's gotta be John Welsh (aka Blind Seer and the super grody would be finger nail assassin doppleganger):

vidente6gh.jpg

Here's another view, of the evil Black eyed Doppleganger version of Mr. T:

changeling.jpg?w=380&h=258

KALADIN – Again, this comes from Krull, maybe I am exposing too much how instrumental this movie has been in forming my view of the world, or maybe I just really, really love Krull. But from WoK through OB, I've always pictured Kaladin as Ken Marshall. I know, I know, technically he's a lighteyes, but that's what my subconscious served up, who am I to probe too deep?

Prince-Colwyn-with-the-Glaive.jpg

A glave would make a rad spren weapon by the way, especially if the bond allows for alterations in flight paths (like how Colwyn seems to be able to mentally control the flight path of the Glave, seems possible). Look at Ken Marshall, put a slave and a shash brand on that forehead and he is totally Kaladin.

AMARAM (POST YELIG-NAR) – You have to imagine some crystals coming out of unpleasant places, but I think this is pretty close to what old Meridas would look like after swallowing a bad gem, King Raoh from the anime Fist of the North Star:

50ca8d17d76d947ee850547ac7ccbe1b.jpg

AMARAM (PRE-YELIGNAR DOUCHE BAG PHASE) – So I always saw Meridas, prior to his transformation into Gem and the Holograms, as one of the douchey characters from Nagano's Five Star Story manga. The character design is so interesting because the most masculine of characters also have an incredible femininity to them. I guess it's the mix of vanity and active dissembling that makes this seem like such a good fit for pre-yelignar amaram:

Amaram.jpg.23a6704707c27b6ec6fc47ef979644f3.jpg