bdoble97

1 hour ago, RShara said:

I found the perfect Sadeas.

MV5BMTAxMTM3MzM4MzVeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDIz

This is my Dalinar from now on.

e9caf38818af6fca4fef9b9314e7f364--asian-

I don't know who this guy is as an actor, but dem eyes for Kaladin

499eefd0-93ae-40f1-893f-a6d80bf82053.jpg

I have no idea who the first or second guy are but the middel  guy is from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon right Chao Yong fat or something like that. He's a really good Kung Fu actor

Yes, I know who Chow Yun Fat is.  He's a great actor and a really good man, too.

The thing about Sadeas is that he's not much of a warrior, even though he has Shardplate. 

Even Sadeas looked impressive when wearing his red Plate, though his bulbous face and ruddy complexion weakened the effect.

He had removed his helm, revealing a head of thick black hair that curled and tumbled around his shoulders. He cut an imposing figure in his Plate; he certainly looked much better in armor than he did wearing one of those ridiculous costumes of lace and silk that were popular these days.

This Sadeas was a different creature entirely, with that round face, curly hair, and lofty expression. He rode as if he were in a parade, one hand lightly holding the reins before him, the other carrying his helm under his arm. His armor was painted red, and the helm bore frivolous tassels. There was so much pointless pomp that it nearly overshadowed the wonder of the ancient artifact.

Edited by RShara

On 12/5/2017 at 2:36 PM, Randall Thor said:

I think Anthony Hopkins works really well as a god character, and whether I made the connection through the names being similar or just how Odium carries himself, it's the strongest imagery I have when reading the book. I can literally hear his voice and picture his mannerisms, as Hopkins can pull off benign wizened old man or menacing terrifying old villain very well, and has combined them in the past. Odium's seductive and corrupting nature, complete with dominating intelligence really fits Hopkins' style.

Yeah, I can't unsee this now.

12 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Manu Bennett is my Dalinar.

Oh, no. Please no. Please, please, please no. I'm from New Zealand and it's my patriotic duty to support him, but I can't. His acting skills make me cringe. He completely ruined Alanon for me.

I like John Malkovich for Dalinar. He's a little old, but his acting skills could make me believe he's a 10 year old girl. Hmm. Maybe he should be Lift instead? In either case, he'd need some make up for the skin tone.

7 minutes ago, aemetha said:

Oh, no. Please no. Please, please, please no. I'm from New Zealand and it's my patriotic duty to support him, but I can't. His acting skills make me cringe. He completely ruined Alanon for me.

I like John Malkovich for Dalinar. He's a little old, but his acting skills could make me believe he's a 10 year old girl. Hmm. Maybe he should be Lift instead? In either case, he'd need some make up for the skin tone.

What do you mean he played a wickex good CGI orc in The Hobbit trilogy you think is Grunts and moans and Roars we're good. I have never been a fan of John Malkovich Every role I've seen him in I only just seen him and I think he's weird so every role he's been in takes me out of the movie

35 minutes ago, aemetha said:

I have to watch Shannara sometime. He has the looks down, IMO (apart from the eyes, maybe), and is kind of big, and I know who he is, so I went with him.

And he is good as Azog.

12 minutes ago, Randall Thor said:

I've always struggled to put a face to Sadeas – I love this! The curls and superiority complex are marvelous similarities.

Thank you I don't know what it was but when I first read the way of Kings I instantly thought of this guy when I was reading about Sadeas.  I also instantly thought of William Hurt as Dalinar 

10 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Not sure, he did play Mance Rayder in Game of thrones, that didn't end well for him though. He was invited to the Nightwatch for a BBQ, but didn't realize that he would be actually in the BBQ.

HahaHahahaha I've only seen season 1 of Game of Thrones I don't have HBO. So you just ruined it for me hahaha just kidding. I don't really have a interest in A Song of Ice and Fire any more books take way too long to come out. I forget half the stuff that even happen in those books. I have not seen Justice League either I just know they cast the actor that played Manc to voice Steppenwolf. 

2 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Ciaran Hinds is indeed portraying both Steppenwolf and Mance Rayder (though he is miscast as Mance).

Thank you by the time they ever do a stole my archives TV series he'll probably be too old I know a studio bought the rights but I feel like we are years away from a stolen archives TV series

3 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Ciaran Hinds is indeed portraying both Steppenwolf and Mance Rayder (though he is miscast as Mance).

Totally agree about the miscasting for Mance, in all of his scenes he just looks confused and possibly like he has tooth pain. He was really good as Julius Caesar in HBO's Rome, and it's pretty obvious (to me anyway) that Caesar is an historical analog of Torol Sadeas.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine