[OB] Azure

Chinsukolo

Ok - I'm now into part 4.  This is even more obvious now.  That's what I get for posting in excitement when she used a color for a curse (crimson).   After using the cloack as a shield in a fight, and hair color change while in CR, and referring to Vasher as her sword master I think's pretty set obvious.

I don't see how there's doubt on this one. Let me list off the hints.

1) explicitly says not from Roshar

2) Her hair faded to grey and then back again in shadesmar

3) scars seems faded in shadesmar

4) trained by Zahel who is likely Vasher (nightblood says vasher is training swordsmanship currently)

5) has a sword that seems to be a new and improved nightblood (hinted by shardblade like qualities, doesn't have a spren, leaves victims grey, and has some sort of sentience)

6) says that her purpose on Roshar is to recover nightblood

7) says she gave up royal position and says had a history of being too open with strangers (trusting denth)

8) requests bales of cloth to be cut into certain shapes on honorspren ship.

I may have missed some but i think it's pretty clear that Azure is Vivenna.

5 minutes ago, Wolven said:

I spotted her as Vivenna as well, and I don't usually make those kinds of connections.  :P  I was a little surprised that the other characters didn't have more to ask her about being a world hopper.

I know, right? I was at least hoping that Shallan would ask Azure/Vivenna something about being a worldhopper so we could gain more information.

12 hours ago, zpoly said:

I don't see how there's doubt on this one. Let me list off the hints.

1) explicitly says not from Roshar

2) Her hair faded to grey and then back again in shadesmar

3) scars seems faded in shadesmar

4) trained by Zahel who is likely Vasher (nightblood says vasher is training swordsmanship currently)

5) has a sword that seems to be a new and improved nightblood (hinted by shardblade like qualities, doesn't have a spren, leaves victims grey, and has some sort of sentience)

6) says that her purpose on Roshar is to recover nightblood

7) says she gave up royal position and says had a history of being too open with strangers (trusting denth)

8) requests bales of cloth to be cut into certain shapes on honorspren ship.

I may have missed some but i think it's pretty clear that Azure is Vivenna.

There is also a scene where she is surprised that Shallan wants to wear a dress instead of trousers. 

• Chaos locked this topic