Early Release

Wanderer

gotta wait till the 6th for me haha. the curse of living in europe. so will likely just buy the ebook first thing in the morning and read that while waiting for the hard copy

Curse? Luck, I would say in this case: I'm getting the american version 6 days before the american guys!

I live in Italy, but I don't wait for the translation, or else I should wait a year GULP

I'm from Germany and Amazon.de sent me an e-mail saying that my order will be delivered by tomorrow.

You can image i'm pretty excited, but it's kinda awkward that europeans recieve a US-book even before it's released there.

Well, i guess you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

But atleast you have signings .. i wish i could have my copy signed.

Exactly my idea, thank you for expressing it more clearly ;)

But you too can have the signed copy, I remember something about ordering it on Brandon's blog

I wish I could have such luck!

Being from Brazil, even if the book was shipped last week I would still have to wait until mid-late March to have my copy!

Damnation take this countrys customs and importation system!!

Another Brazilian =) Tks god I'm no alone in my suffering anymore =)

Buy in the Amazon the kindle version just R$29

https://www.livrariacultura.com.br/Produto/LIVRO/WAY-OF-KINGS-THE/22023005

http://www.amazon.com.br/Words-Radiance-Stormlight-Archive-The-ebook/dp/B00DA6YEKS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393353576&sr=8-1&keywords=words+of+radiance

Its so annoying that for me, even if Amazon sent me an email saying that my order had been sent, I'll have to wait a month for it :( (For some reason all Amazon shippings to Israel come from Germany, no idea why)

Guess I'm gonna get the ebook after all...

P.S. my first post after five months of lurking :)

Despite living in the UK,I had to preorder from amazon.de because I couldn't get a hold of the US Hardcover on the UK website.

Received an email today saying that the book has been shipped and should be with me before the end of the month.

However, I can only read it once the ebook comes out since I am at university and the book is being delivered to my home address, this is torture :'(

I'm from Germany and Amazon.de sent me an e-mail saying that my order will be delivered by tomorrow.

You can imagine i'm pretty excited, but it's kinda awkward that europeans recieve a US-book even before it's released there.

Well, i guess you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

But atleast you have signings .. i wish i could have my copy signed.

After reading this I just went and ordered a copy from Amazon.de in that slim hope that they'll also send it out early. I don't really mind buying a second copy, I want the Tor version which you can't get from Amazon.co.uk.

Buying a copy from two different countries, guess I've done my bit to put Brandon in the #1 spot.  :P

EDIT: Just got my confirmation email. It said estimated delivery date 27-28 February. If I get it then I will be so unbelievably happy, totally worth the £30 it cost me. 

Edited by Duskshard

First of all: YAY I'm not alone!

Second of all: I'll consider this cheap Kindle version....I haven't got a Kindle or a tablet, so reading in my 4 inch cellphone screen is going to be a literal eyesore HAHA. But it's a great idea, thanks!

You can increase the text size on your phone. That's one of the best things about ebooks. I like large text.

That's what I love about ebooks as well. However what I don't like about ebooks are how they handle maps & pictures so for WoR I had to go with the hardback.

Edited by Xavien

That's what I love about ebooks as well. However what I don't like about ebooks are how they handle maps & pictures so for WoR I had to go with the hardback.

This.  I usually go with ebooks unless they have maps or appendices.  And Stormlight Archive has pictures on top of that.  I can't justify getting the ebook in this case.

First of all: YAY I'm not alone!

Second of all: I'll consider this cheap Kindle version....I haven't got a Kindle or a tablet, so reading in my 4 inch cellphone screen is going to be a literal eyesore HAHA. But it's a great idea, thanks!

Download the kindle app to your cellphone and give a try.

Kindle are cheap too(I bougth two as gifts for R$200 a piece few months ago) and man that little bugger are one of the best things that I bought in a few years It's so easy to read big books and to find fantasy books that aren't released in Brasil. You alsocan put pdf and such that you made to study (Muito bom para revisar para concursos ou para a faculdade)

The amazon store sell all the book of the US amazon and you can pay in R$ the exact price in dollar. No tax. Just the consersion dollar/real rate of the day in your credit card (ou boleto).

And again welcome =)

Edited by Natans

Just got confirmation that the order of WoR I made last night from Amazon.de has been shipped and will arive on Monday 3rd. I am so so happy right now. I live in the UK and thought I'd have to wait until the 6th to get it.

Any UK members who want to get it earlier than the Uk release date and don't mind paying for express international shipping might want to consider ordering from Amazon.de

Hmm. No, I think I'll wait to get the paper copy on Tuesday (morning). And exercise in will.

I'll join you in waiting for the hardcover, and when the waiting is over, we'll be certified monks together, masters of will and self discipline.

Namaste  -_-

Edited by Crisapx