[MAG] Terris: Wrought of Copper

WeiryWriter

So there's finally news on a new (first?) supplement for the Mistborn Adventure Game by Crafty Games!  It's called "Terris: Wrought of Copper" which just sounds awesome.

Here's the cover by Tommy Arnold:

993018_10151986534956379_1332859504_n.jp

It also appears that one of the makers is going to be interviewed about it this Monday the 24th on a live Google Hangout!

Edit 1

Okay so I mentioned the Hangout on Monday but there are two more scheduled (though they are probably subject to change, Google-fu is useful)

February 24th Hangout will be an overview discussing "what players, Narrators and fans can expect to find in this book."

March 24th Hangout will discuss the Rules as well as "all-new insights into the awesome power of Feruchemy."

April 21st Hangout will discuss "adventuring in the Terris Dominance."

It is my plan to watch all of these and take notes!

Edit 2

So here are the notes I took while watching the Hangout:

There will be a line of books like this that look to take a deeper look at the different cultures on Scadrial.  They have most of another written already, and work on a third is starting soon.  (This excludes the Alloy supplement which is close)

It is about 200 pages long and is mostly background information.  i.e. stuff on Tathingdwen and the History of Terris.

They were given a lot of latitude by Team Sanderson to write/expand, Alex who was being interviewed was the one who wrote the "Secret History" of Terris, that weaves in and around the official history in the books.

They look at the question of whether the Terris are genetically docile and how it really isn't the case.  Though they added things like "racial stunts" where a Terris character can play on that belief to appear less threatening.

There's a new mechanic called "networks"  which they say work vaguely like allignments.  Essentially you can "buy" a relationship with a network and it will give you bonuses, however you have to act a certain way to maintain the relationship.  The example given was the Synod, if you have a network with them you have access to their information network but you have to report back to them and you can't betray any Terris characters.

There's more depth on Feruchemy (though not so much expanding the rules?)

They talked a little about how the Terris dominance produces a lot of luxury goods (think Persian rugs) but are actually quite poor because of the Obligators.

A big theme is "How much is known?" about feruchemy and the history of Terris

The Synod is "not the only group in town"

They are trying to breakdown the "sweeping generalities" that were a necessity of the novels.

Alex also talked a lot about the Breeding Program and how it is the most important event to affect the Terris people, and it has a large section in the supplement.

Most Terris can recognize the signs of Feruchemy.

The Synod helped establish the Stewards.

The supplement goes on sale/preorder next week.  The PDF can be downloaded but the book is still being printed and should arrive in their warehouse by the end of March and by immediately shipped out.

Edit 3:

Here are my notes for the second Hangout:

Less focus on the "crunchy bits" (i.e. stats and such i think?) more on making well-rounded characters.

No new feruchemy rules in this (but they are coming in the AoL supplement) but there is background/flavor info (like where feruchemy comes from)

Has information for making "authentic" Terris names as well as ideas for tragedies/destinies

There are new abilities, namely networks, which are established relationships (you are "aligned" with a group)
  1) Network Trait: you buy a network, for about the same as a normal trait, and you get a special trait
  2) "The Benefit" you can draw upon help once per session, not usefull for every roll but in the proper situation it is
           awesome
  3) Networks have requirements, i.e. you have to do/not do certain things to maintain relationship (i.e. with the Synod, you
          can't sell out a Terris person)

Added Terris-unique stunts (formerly these only existed in relation to allomancy)
   They play on cultural/physical traits
  1) Eidetic memory, they spoke to Brandon about this and the Terris have a higher incidence of people with eidetic memory
           than the nobles/skaa
  2) Long arms, greater reach in combat
  3) "I mean no Harm", called the "C-3PO Maneuver" plays of prejudice that Terris are subjugated/passive

Metalminds as equipment, expanded from original.  Mastercraftsman can make more effective "double" metalminds (holds twice the amount of charges), multiminds (made of a number of differen metals, so you can more easily access different kinds of charges), clothing (metal threads in clothes that act as hidden metalminds), etc.  This is all "prequel stuff" for the AoL supplement.

They didn't answer questions form the audience this time, which was kind of a bummer, but since the supplement is actually out so... Anyway there is a Hangout for the Alloy supplement in two weeks which I'll take notes for and the last Terris one listed above.

Edit 5: Assorted updates

The third hangout has been postponned, the new date has not been decided.

An excerpt focusing on the City of Tathingdwen has been released.

A series of posts detailing the evolution of the cover art are in the process of being posted on the Crafty Games Facebook, so far Part One, Part Two, Part Three, Part Four, Part Five, and Part Six have been released.

Also GeekNative.com has posted an excerpt discussing the breeding program and village life in the Terris dominace here.

Edited by WeiryWriter
assorted updates

Awesome!

I can't find any information at crafty games website on this!

Guess it's not really set in the AoL era though:

Terris: Wrought of Copper is the first supplement for the Mistborn Adventure Game.  +Crafty Games worked with Brandon Sanderson to develop material that expands the canon of the novels, providing a detailed look at the history of the Terris Dominance and its people.
Edited by Green Hoodie Mistborn

It has been a very protracted wait. But I am glad it is finally nearly here.

Edit: I am mentioning this here as people reading this thread are the most likely to be interested. I have a play by post campaign starting up shortly on steelministry that has openings for a few more people. More details can be found in this thread.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Okay added a new section to the OP:

So here are the notes I took while watching the Hangout:

There will be a line of books like this that look to take a deeper look at the different cultures on Scadrial.  They have most of another written already, and work on a third is starting soon.  (This excludes the Alloy supplement which is close)

It is about 200 pages long and is mostly background information.  i.e. stuff on Tathingdwen and the History of Terris.

They were given a lot of latitude by Team Sanderson to write/expand, Alex who was being interviewed was the one who wrote the "Secret History" of Terris, that weaves in and around the official history in the books.

They look at the question of whether the Terris are genetically docile and how it really isn't the case.  Though they added things like "racial stunts" where a Terris character can play on that belief to appear less threatening.

There's a new mechanic called "networks"  which they say work vaguely like allignments.  Essentially you can "buy" a relationship with a network and it will give you bonuses, however you have to act a certain way to maintain the relationship.  The example given was the Synod, if you have a network with them you have access to their information network but you have to report back to them and you can't betray any Terris characters.

There's more depth on Feruchemy (though not so much expanding the rules?)

They talked a little about how the Terris dominance produces a lot of luxury goods (think Persian rugs) but are actually quite poor because of the Obligators.

A big theme is "How much is known?" about feruchemy and the history of Terris

The Synod is "not the only group in town"

They are trying to breakdown the "sweeping generalities" that were a necessity of the novels.

Alex also talked a lot about the Breeding Program and how it is the most important event to affect the Terris people, and it has a large section in the supplement.

Most Terris can recognize teh signs of Feruchemy.

The Synod helped establish the Stewards.

The supplement goes on sale/preorder next week.  The PDF can be downloaded but the book is still being printed and should arrive in their warehouse by the end of March and by immediately shipped out.

The interview was really interesting, and I know I missed some stuff.  I saw a lot of familiar names asking questions so hopefully they can fill in the blanks of my report?

A couple of the more rule specific notes:

Joining a network cost a set amount of AP like a trait (probably 4) and, also like a trait, it costs less AP to change a network. (probably 2)

They misread the question regarding if there would be a character sheet/stats for rashek. Perhaps my fault with my phrasing as I noted that Kadrok was the one asking the question. They thought that "Kadrok" was the name of some terrisman from back in Alendi's time :P

So what they did say is that they focused on stating out and developing Tindwyll and that they didn't do stats etc for Kwaan or other early age Terris.

Edit: They also noted at this point that they are interested in potentially doing fan supplement/s.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

They thought that "Kadrok" was the name of some terrisman from back in Alendi's time :P

By pure and awesome coincidence my title here is Worldbringer. It is confirmed... I am the last Worldbringer ;)

Edited by Kadrok

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so last night was the second livestream:

Here are my notes for the second Hangout:

Less focus on the "crunchy bits" (i.e. stats and such i think?) more on making well-rounded characters.

No new feruchemy rules in this (but they are coming in the AoL supplement) but there is background/flavor info (like where feruchemy comes from)

Has information for making "authentic" Terris names as well as ideas for tragedies/destinies

There are new abilities, namely networks, which are established relationships (you are "aligned" with a group)

1) Network Trait: you buy a network, for about the same as a normal trait, and you get a special trait

2) "The Benefit" you can draw upon help once per session, not usefull for every roll but in the proper situation it is

awesome

3) Networks have requirements, i.e. you have to do/not do certain things to maintain relationship (i.e. with the Synod, you

can't sell out a Terris person)

Added Terris-unique stunts (formerly these only existed in relation to allomancy)

They play on cultural/physical traits

1) Eidetic memory, they spoke to Brandon about this and the Terris have a higher incidence of people with eidetic memory

than the nobles/skaa

2) Long arms, greater reach in combat

3) "I mean no Harm", called the "C-3PO Maneuver" plays of prejudice that Terris are subjugated/passive

Metalminds as equipment, expanded from original.  Mastercraftsman can make more effective "double" metalminds (holds twice the amount of charges), multiminds (made of a number of differen metals, so you can more easily access different kinds of charges), clothing (metal threads in clothes that act as hidden metalminds), etc.  This is all "prequel stuff" for the AoL supplement.

They did answer questions form the audience this time, which was kind of a bummer, but since the supplement is actually out so... Anyway there is a Hangout for the Alloy supplement in two weeks which I'll take notes for and the last Terris one listed above.

I haven't put down the money for the supplement yet. Where exactly is Feruchemy supposed to have come from/is that explanation canon?

I just plunked down the $, and am only skimming it right now, but it looks like there isn't a grand history of Feruchemy. Only that it's hereditary among the Terris people. All "history" stuff prior to TLR doesnt' seem to be much outside of what we learn in the Trilogy. 

So far I've been a little disappointed on the history front. I was hoping for more canon info on the pre-Ascension times personally. There i a lot of great worldbuilding in the Final Empire era and fluff around that, just hoped for more canon "lost lore" somehow. 

EDIT: that said.... there is also some good expounding info on the various metalminds and the attributes they store that should inform some discussions and theory's around here (I think). Assuming that the MAG is "canon" for the purposes of realmatics that is...

Edited by Green Hoodie Mistborn

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I just came across this interview with Alex Flagg of Crafty Games (who has been the guy being interviewed in the hangouts) from a few weeks ago.  Nothing really new, but there is a link to a preview of the new supplement.

Also, an interesting bit of information I was not aware of: the people at Crafty are the ones who came up with the Feruchemical ability of cadmium, storing breath, which Brandon then incorporated into the final canon!  I really can't get over how cool I think that is.

You find out what nicrosil does in the terris one, which is pretty cool. It lets you converts charges into pure investiture, which you can you for any feruchemical ability.

Granted I don't actually have any of the MAG books, but I want to say that is in the original as well.  Anyway I think we should be treating magic mechanic stuff with a grain of salt, they by necessity are different from how they actually work in canon as a result of balancing issues.

Yeah that is in the original MAG.

One of the most interesting things that is from Wrought of Copper is a section on how feruchemy feels. Which is kind of awesome :)

It would be cooler to find out first hand but that could be rather tricky.

Yeah that is in the original MAG.

One of the most interesting things that is from Wrought of Copper is a section on how feruchemy feels. Which is kind of awesome :)

Which section is apparently highly non-canon, sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

An excerpt focusing on the city of Tathingdwen has been posted on the Gamerati website!  Its fairly short, but there is a nice section of architecture (pointing out similarities bewteen modern Terris buildings and Kredik Shaw at one point).  There are also a few hints about topics that may be explored elsewhere in the book.  (The bell shaped hunk of metal has to have something to do with the test feruchemy, right?)

The Crafty Games facebook has also post the first entry in a series discussing the evolution of the Terris: Wrought of Copper cover art here.

The final hangout was supposed to be last night, after bein rescheduled from two weeks ago, but I was not able to attend and am unable to find a recording.  I'm currently trying to find out what happened though!

They had to cancel it and are yet to reschedule it. You can ask questions here though.

Not certain at this point - we had to delay the last one based on a schedule conflict I had and it's been canceled since. What are you guys interested in hearing about?

They also released the draft rules for pistol dueling for the alloy of law supplement.

They have also posted one of the early cover sketches on their facebook page to continue on the cover art evolution posts.

(The bell shaped hunk of metal has to have something to do with the test feruchemy, right?)

If it is, it is in the Justice like Ash part of the book. I haven't read that as I will be playing it.

And that's all I've got for now =)

They had to cancel it and are yet to reschedule it. You can ask questions here though.

Yeah, I spoke to one of the guys over twitter, turns out they both forgot about it

They also released the draft rules for pistol dueling for the alloy of law supplement.

Oh cool, I'll go put that in the Alloy supplement thread.

They have also posted one of the early cover sketches on their facebook page to continue on the cover art evolution posts.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.